GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Nedieth wrote:
This rating is based off my current setup with heavier focus on layered defense and Blight. Note that I run both Arctic Armour and Temporal Chains.

Chimera - 2: Facetankable with flasks up, easy to dodge. Only danger is adds.
Phoenix - 3: Easiest guardian for me on a pure ED setup, but a Blight focus makes me greedier. Adds become more dangerous and the cyclone gets relevant.
Minotaur - 3: Always my least favourite guardian on a build like this, but being able to facetank for several seconds gives you the time needed to plan the next movement relative to lightning walls and falling rocks.
Hydra - 4: She has been very smooth for me all league, but I still rate her as the hardest one since we need to combo a lot of spells and focus a lot on positioning at the same time. With flasks up, she will not be able to kill you straight up.

That's interesting. I have fought Minotaur only twice and wasn't even close on my first go (had some horrible map mods). The second time, I got him down to 10% and ran out of portals. I didn't have flame dash and kept going through the dumb lighting barriers and my GOD do you not wanna get hit with one of those. It feels like 3x temporal chains, lol.

Hydra surprisingly has been the easiest for me. I only faced her once, but I was able to achieve a deathless run. I feel like dodging her projectiles is both fun and satisfying. It feels like a very fair fight because usually if you get hit big, you know exactly why. I feel like it's a lot more straight forward than the other guardians.

Minotaur I'm just constantly shaking my head like "how the hell do people do this without dying", lol. I guess I need to watch videos again.
Last edited by Surfinn on Oct 20, 2017, 1:20:24 PM
140 fire
174 cold
132 lightning
~5k hp. is the game supposed to be squishy? Or what am I missing defensively?
Hm, sounds OK. I have far less resistances (80something in each, i.e. not ele weakness proof), 5.4k life, 1.9k mana and I don't feel squishy at all. Fortify helps a bunch I guess as well.

As does running Enfeeble. Cwdt setup helps against things like porcupines.
I run enfeeble and cwdt..
still unsure as to how much res to get. when do i ignore the res stat and max out life for example?
Hey Ghazzy, loving this build so far - feels nice just seeing things drop from afar due to Contagion :)

To Ghazzy and everyone else, I was just wondering how much DoT should I aim to get before being able to comfortably complete Guardians + Shaper?

At the moment with frenzy/power charges up, I get around 86k DoT on tool tip which is good enough for T15.

Can someone please review my build and recommend what I should aim for to achieve T16+Shaper? Thanks!

Below are a few things I have listed to work on:
1. 21/20 for all of my Gems and Level 4 Empower

2. Potentially moving to Skin of the Loyal instead of Tabula or even go to the extreme and get a +1 corrupted 6L Cherrubim's Maleficence with max Chaos Damage and max Life roll

3. Upgrading my rings to have the incr Chaos Damage mod (what BiS mods should I look for in my rings?)

4. Upgrading my amulet (what BiS mods should I look for on the amulet?)

5. Upgrade my Dagger (what BiS mods should I look for in the dagger?)

6. Grab the +40% ED Enchant on Helmet

Feel free to check out my character on my profile - Character Name: 'Yusneakying'

Thanks all
"
weppe1337 wrote:
still unsure as to how much res to get. when do i ignore the res stat and max out life for example?

I suggest first to cap resists to 75%, then work on life / mana and then start overcapping resists as gear / currency allows.

Not having overcapped resists only means you will not be able to run Ele Weakness maps. Which can get annoying, esp. if the maps are otherwise good rolls, but I think it's better to be well prepared for all maps rather than specialized for just one particular affix.

I don't have overcapped resists myself, so I have to reroll Ele Weakness maps (esp. if there are other affixes like "monsters deal additional elemental damage"). I did have a few maps where I really regretted having to reroll, but that's life. Having to reroll costs a few alch / scour / chaos, but having all around good gear with overcapped resists is probably much more expensive.
still wondering.....
"
weppe1337 wrote:
still wondering.....

tbh, in that case I don't know what else to suggest.
Suggest a number. Still haven't got one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info