GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Is the guide still up to date? Because in the lastest commands, noone is actually using or recommending Cloak of Defiance, which I thought this build is based on defenive wise.
I'm not compaining, just not sure if I should follow the initial build or what people are posting in the last commend with my first char ever.
Last edited by Knieger on Oct 9, 2017, 8:20:59 PM
"
Knieger wrote:
Is the guide still up to date? Because in the lastest commands, noone is actually using or recommending Cloak of Defiance, which I thought this build is based on defenive wise.
I'm not compaining, just not sure if I should follow the initial build or what people are posting in the last commend with my first char ever.

Cloak of Defiance is still good, but it's just that it requires so much more unreserved mana over anything else to provide any effect. As an example, my last char with this build on Harbinger HC had ~5,6k life, which would've required ~3,7k unreserved mana to make full use of the cloak. Without it, 2,4k is enough. My char died at lvl 85, and had 1.8k unreserved mana at that point. So cloak would've been useless.
Last edited by Teura on Oct 10, 2017, 3:51:38 AM
So, is this a good choice for a new player still ? And should I follow the guide exactly as it is or should consider do what some ppl said in previous comments and so?
I am very new to the game, so I need some easy to play build.I am currently runing fire nova mine build.
Essence of Delirium only applies to hits, which does not affect this build at all. EDIT: For complete accuracy, the projectile portion of ED counts as a hit. This will mean up to 5 enemies can have the DoT. This will be a minor help on bosses, but will do nothing otherwise. Fairly ineffective, IMO.

Also, I don't see why you would run Shield Charge with supporters, instead of Blight with 2 supports (probably Void Manipulation and Efficacy or something along those lines) for stronger single target DPS. Mind elaborating?
Last edited by TehBoomer on Oct 10, 2017, 7:21:12 AM
Hi guys, i wanted to ask what gear should i upgrade besides the chest, im saving to buy some decent 6L for 20-25C as this is my first char this league so im poor.
Wanted to ask also if 3.1k life and 1.4k mana is good for level 70.
I also wanted to say im having a good time, very fun build.

Thanks for the help guys.
"
feddiesiva wrote:
Hi I have recently found your guide and decided to come back to the game since 2014,I'm still learning all the new stuff GGG added and I started slowly to gear for this build,now could you give me some advices of what to replace in my actually equipment as first priority? thanks in advance ;)

Hey,

Pierce is only a QoL addition and shouldn't be used when in a 5L as you'll want the DPS instead. If you encounter Vaal Totems or rares with the mod "Nearby allies can not die" you should use the Blight to handle it.

Rest looks solid tbh.

"
Garyas wrote:
"
emuporium wrote:
So is Cloak of Defiance just a *superior* Mind Over Matter?

It states 10% damage comes from mana, in addition to the Mind Over Matter mod.

Does this mean you get 40% damage coming from mana?

Yes, exactly. But as discussed earlier in this thread, you will still want to take the actual MoM keystone, as there are 3 very good mana nodes behind it.

+1

"
BeeAntOS wrote:
I suppose there is no more reliable, stable and enjoyable build for casual and novice player who has just started playing this game (like me).

I want to thank in advance to the owner of this build and all the contributors who are the at least as gentle as he are.

Take care of yourself!..
With all my love and respects.

Nicest thank you message In some time, thank you! <3

"
DelmarDruid wrote:
Would anyone be able to have alook at my charecter and see what i need to focus on first, still new to the game so not sure what im doing right or wrong. Thanks

Hey,

If you feel a lack of damage output, change Pierce for Decay and later Empower lvl 3 or 4 when you get any of those.
Allelopathy gloves is something you really want, it helps Vaal Totem situations thanks to Blight and significantly increases survivability vs bosses thanks to 2x Spreading Rot jewels with the Hinder effect. It works very well if you decide to run Blasphemy - TC over Enfeeble to slow them down immensively.

Your weapon is a very bad choice fo the build, you want to have increased spell damage and/or Decay crafted weapon (essence of delirium) or the unique Breath of the Council as stated in the guide.
Other than that the helmet isn't helping you nor is the lack of life in your rare items, life is very important for the build as well as capping your resistances!

"
Knieger wrote:

My personal preference is to use a corrupted +1 gem lvl tabula rasa (or skin of the loyal) though a lot of people hate the loss of defensive stats which is why I've displayed 1 hardcore oriented chest piece (CoD) & one softcore oriented chest piece (Cherrubim).

The choice is ultimately yours. Tabula is MUCH cheaper even with the corruption added.

"
tixuiofca wrote:
So, is this a good choice for a new player still ? And should I follow the guide exactly as it is or should consider do what some ppl said in previous comments and so?
I am very new to the game, so I need some easy to play build.I am currently runing fire nova mine build.

Just responded to your PMs :)

"
TehBoomer wrote:
Essence of Delirium only applies to hits, which does not affect this build at all. EDIT: For complete accuracy, the projectile portion of ED counts as a hit. This will mean up to 5 enemies can have the DoT. This will be a minor help on bosses, but will do nothing otherwise. Fairly ineffective, IMO.

Also, I don't see why you would run Shield Charge with supporters, instead of Blight with 2 supports (probably Void Manipulation and Efficacy or something along those lines) for stronger single target DPS. Mind elaborating?

Generally you don't need the extra damage when clearing maps and the problem reveals themselves at bosses where decay does tons for you.

Regarding Shield Charge vs Supported Blight:
It's a matter of taste, the displayed version is my personal preference which is based of my personal playstyle. I generally shield charge into packs which means that both faster attacks for faster charging as well as Fortify does TONS to avoid ripping where as I feel perfectly fine with the slightly lower Blight DPS. However, you can tweak other stuffs and even add Unset rings to get the best from both worlds if you wish :)

"
arielriv088 wrote:
Hi guys, i wanted to ask what gear should i upgrade besides the chest, im saving to buy some decent 6L for 20-25C as this is my first char this league so im poor.
Wanted to ask also if 3.1k life and 1.4k mana is good for level 70.
I also wanted to say im having a good time, very fun build.

Thanks for the help guys.

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!

I would recommend starting with a normal Tabula Rasa & later upgrade that to a corrupted +1 gem lvl Tabula.
The life / mana feels alright for lvl 70 though you'll want to start pushing towards 4-5k by having higher life rolls on your rare items. Make sure to keep the resistances capped.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
thanks to all for the replies!
"

My personal preference is to use a corrupted +1 gem lvl tabula rasa (or skin of the loyal) though a lot of people hate the loss of defensive stats which is why I've displayed 1 hardcore oriented chest piece (CoD) & one softcore oriented chest piece (Cherrubim).

The choice is ultimately yours. Tabula is MUCH cheaper even with the corruption added.

So if I'm going with the Tabula, can I still use the Passive Skill tree spec from your guide inc. the mind over matter point? And shoud I still go for mana in my build? I guess I should also go for the spreading rod jewels then? And I should go for the Allelopathy gloves no matter what?

I'm sorry for asking so manny questions. I really appreciate people and you still answering and your guide really helped me and I went from zero to level 72 now without problems and everything except bosses almost instantly dying on my first char ever.
Hi there,

Firstly, thx for the guide - Been a pleasure to lvl. sofar. ( 82 )
Iam new to the game and just ejoying the ride.

I have been buying stuff ( from your guide ) when the cash/price was right.

Do you have some pointers to help me go beond lvl.9 in maps.?
I know I need more life/res. but I find it very hard stack this without my dps goes bad.

Best regards

Dia

Hello - first time posting in this thread. 87 Trickster with this build. Thanks much, sorry I dont know how to link my gear, but my character is public.

There's a lot of different floating info out there. I see people with the basic skeleton of this build - but everyone has these little variations.

Thank you for creating this guide. It has been low budget, user friendly - and quite powerful. And very fun.

I've gone with the Lightning Golem for now. For me, cast speed is a must for this build. I'm Shield charging everyone, getting everyone wet (on Contagion), while then Shield charging and ED. Its super fun to go warp speed with this build.

I'm hovering around Tier 13-14 maps for now. Using pierce support. I've got an Empower, leveling up on my secondary weapon (behind the scenes).

I need a +1 Tabula.

I think my skill tree is a little screwed up as well. I do have a few questions.

1. Which Golem should I be using?
2. My skill tree - I went up, and went with Power Charges +1/Duration/4% Spell Dmg Per. I should probably focus more on Life and just go down the Spell Damage node?

3. I've been turning off Enfeeble. My survivability has gone up. I've been using Witchbrew.

3a. Reserved mana with Enfeeble and Clarity Mana 1441, w/o 2625. Current HP 4468 ES 784.
3b. Should I focus on getting my reserved mana more in line? Atleast above 2200?
3c. Should I trade for a +1 Curse Amulet or do I need Whispers or Doom?

4. Should I fix my tree - trash the few rare Jewels (besides 2x Rott) - as they just wasting away much needed Skill pts. Instead, I should be picking up Spell Dmg/Life Nodes/Mana Nodes?

5. Clarity and Enfeeble still the go to?

6. Any other advice for my char?

:) Thankssss

edit - regarding #2, I'm going to fix that and put those nodes into Deep Thoughts and some of those

Last edited by infectedmethod on Oct 10, 2017, 3:41:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info