Milkyslice Buildlist

Currently i am still brainstorming around. Found a +10% zombieatkspeed heretics veil in my stash, will probably change some gems to run blasphemy + vuln + temp chains, drop purity and vitality for it. Makes room for some gems.
Assassins mark seems worse than temp. chains and competes with vulnerability... i will test both or go triple curse with a corrupted amu. AssAss is worse with the poison gem but can be better if i use a crit multi gems... have to test this in the lategame.

The final result will be posted while progressing in the 70s/80s ;)

I will test the lightning golem, but stone golem appeals too, highly depends on the dmg buff.

Victarios seems too strong to not drop it, its 60% atk speed and 600% critchance which adds safety too (freezes on crit).
Dunno how reliable the pcharges are but frenzy will be up all the time with 8 zombies.

Prism guardian wouldnt help much for safety, most of it is the block.

The plan is to run high es gloves/boots/helmet in addition to the shavs and disci, shouls be enough on a minion build with blasphemy temp chains + whirling blades to kite around.

already bought 3 minion dmg + minion resist jewels to cap my zombie resists, animated guardian is easy to cap too with one resist piece, only the specres may be not capped, but i dont rely on those in this build.

Poison gem raises in my must have gem ranking. It just seems like its only needed on durable bosses as poison wont do anything if mobs get oneshotted.
So probably the 6th link.

I will start the character tomorrow, but i dont have much time to play, will take a while ;)
Already bought/collected all the pieces i need, donr have to waste more time in this department.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 5, 2016, 3:09:10 PM
Zombies are pretty damn tanky anyway, and can always be recast so the resists may not be that important - but if you have the jewels, why not.
Perandus chest packs could be interesting though, I can see them wrecking summons.

I'm tempted to give something like this a go, maybe not low life though for a more budget option. I don't like doing 100% levelling builds, the belt could make levelling as a summoner, at last from lvl 30 a lot less frustrating - just with quicksilver/silver flasks.
Resists can be important with the time, zombies have a 35 base, 8 all from the shield + 16 on the tree for 59 all resi, not much needed to cap the resists. The utility flasks give resists too on top of that.

I just started the char, currently a2 normal, already only using summons (srs for leveling ofc). works good.

I choosed LL (or even ci) for the es recharge. We cant use healthflasks and es regen seems to be the best way to keep the 'health' up.
CI is better for that but i would have fewet useful auras and a 5l shav is preeety cheap this league (3ex)

Yeah ES definitely would be way to go - I quite like hybrid for summoners, but without the flask safety net, maybe not. getting chaos res while capping rest of resists would be tricky too.
Pity can't get one of the nice ES regen classes (trickster or occulist) but necro bonuses too good to miss. Scion might be an option, the necro subclass isn't bad, but not really another good one to take - pathfinder maybe?

I might start a variant and we could compare notes (I'm sure yours will be better!)

sure why not.

luckily my zana is lvl 8 in the next rota and i dont have to do that shit on a daily basis... more time to level this char :D

Updated the summonerthread, added the current gear/tree.

Feela like the poison gem is a bit overkill atm, Malachai died in 2sec per phase... those zombies wreck shit with the belt

"
Milkyslice wrote:
Updated the summonerthread, added the current gear/tree.

Feela like the poison gem is a bit overkill atm, Malachai died in 2sec per phase... those zombies wreck shit with the belt

Zombie single target has been pretty strong for a while, even before the belt. Must be seriously good now.
Haven't had time to start one of my own yet. No need for Poison is good though, guess it means a 5l is probably fine - got a couple of ok 5ls in stash anyway.

How are mana issues? I'm guessing having to recast Zombies might be a pain, if not now, eventually? More reason to keep them as tanky as possible I guess.

Since i have the belt i pretty much never need to recast them, using a healthflask atm (dunno if of animation gives extra healing). And that with lvl 40.

if something dies i have to turn off discipline to recast, but thats rarely the case.
The last time was daresso with his flying blades which tear minions apart.

I dont think they will take big amounts of damage later in the game due to all minion nodes, capped resists, taste of hate, Atziris promise etc so free mana for my offering and other utility stuff should be enough.

Atm i just use spectres with curses like summoner or sea witches, which one doesnt matter atm, but my favourite is temp chains... until i get all those reservation nodes and shavs ;)

Flesh offering + auromvorax + whirlingblades + faster atks works great for me. Will definetly use it until i fix my resists in the 70s and swap to a faster 1h weapon with resists, ephereal edge or similar... there are so many good 1h options to play around.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 7, 2016, 7:10:01 AM
1 hander choice is interesting. Some of the more interesting choices may prevent whirling. I'm not as taken with it for movement as everyone else seems to be, but it is handy for positioning/getting out of trouble.

Spotted that you have taken the 'Your offerings affect you' ascendancy point, is that just for levelling? Seems less useful after necro aegis anyway.

I started a character, after thinking about it LL did seem a better way to go so stumped up for a Shavs (Actually found one this league for once but sold it). Wasted a bit of currency going for a 6l that probably isn't needed. Might have a few more goes at it though.
Didn't get much time to play though, and still levelling another char so will probably be a bit off and on with it.

Shame we haven't got access to the Zombie talismans though!
Mistress of Sacrifice is too great to pass up, need to update the post/tree soon, too.

I changed my mind with stacking auras to a aura/blasphemy mix, that means the commander node is not so appealing anymore.

Both Offering nodes + Zombienode will be my way to go formixed Blasphemy/auras

For pure auras i would drop the Zombienode for the Commandernode.

To Mistress of Sacrifice:

Afaik the block works without a shield/staff/dual wield/etc. but i will test it with lvl 50 where i specc Necro Aegis.

In general the node is super flexible

Cast/atk/movementspeed is great for clearing maps faster. We cast Convocation, Offerings, EE trigger, Descecrate... faster.
Movementskills are also faster / walking is faster.
As we cannot use flasks with the minion belt for ourself i cannot live without a movementskill ;)

Aurumvorax with a 55-60% will carry any summoner into maps until the gear is good enough to swap to Advancing Fortress.
AF seems way better than Ephemeral Edge if i think about it.
It is 40-50% inc ES vs 20% less dmg (fortify, also for my animated guardian) + block + some flat es + faster atk speed... my biggest problems are sockets and this pseudo 4l helps with that.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Apr 8, 2016, 7:47:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info