[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

So how does this build do against stuff like ubers/shaper and the sort? Im likely going to roll this build up as it looks crazy fun, just curious what the end game prospects are for this setup.

"
darkcrab wrote:
So how does this build do against stuff like ubers/shaper and the sort? Im likely going to roll this build up as it looks crazy fun, just curious what the end game prospects are for this setup.

TBH I am a casual player and only play in temp leagues for the most part and have not yet tried uber Atziri or the Shaper yet. I suspect like everything else it will come down to how you play and avoiding damage. The build is spec'd for more offense but you can take more life nodes, block nodes and other defensive passives (leech, unwavering stance, etc).

I think I would have no problem with Atziri. I haven't fought the Shaper yet and would likely mess something up on the first go around, but the damage is there, so again, I think play style and getting as much life as possible are the tickets. I've easily gone up to 5500 life and I suspect with all life nodes available and jewels with life you could hit 6500.
Hi Say_Ten, really great build and guide, thoroughly enjoying playing it.

I feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall though. I can't seem to go past lvl 5 maps without dying a lot.
I'm currently lvl 82 and I think I have pretty decent gear, not great. I only have 3.5k life though. Do you think this is what is holding me back?

Any pointers would be great...

Thanks
Last edited by hocknose on Dec 25, 2016, 5:50:34 PM
"
hocknose wrote:

I feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall though. I can't seem to go past lvl 5 maps without dying a lot.
I'm currently lvl 82 and I think I have pretty decent gear, not great. I only have 3.5k life though. Do you think this is what is holding me back?

Thanks

Definitely holding you back.

Either link me your gear or let me know if you have unhidden your characters and I'll help you out. Also you can hit me up in game too. Probably be on early tomorrow morning. I'm on Eastern Time, USA.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
hocknose wrote:

Thanks

Definitely holding you back.

Either link me your gear or let me know if you have unhidden your characters and I'll help you out. Also you can hit me up in game too. Probably be on early tomorrow morning. I'm on Eastern Time, USA.

Didn't realise my chars were hidden, have unhidden them now.

Thanks
"
hocknose wrote:

Thanks

It's a forum default, no worries.

Ok, the only pieces of gear that have Life on them are the BoR (which always has life) and the gloves (which have a mediocre roll).

You need to get a +X to maximum life stat on everything you can. Sad reality.

Also put quality on your BoR and weapons.
Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for writing this guide. Levelling has been an absolute breeze and this probably the most fun I have ever had on POE. Love the playstyle and clearing / travelling is quick and easy.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing as I venture into maps.
"
mtawney13 wrote:
Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for writing this guide. Levelling has been an absolute breeze and this probably the most fun I have ever had on POE. Love the playstyle and clearing / travelling is quick and easy.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing as I venture into maps.

Thanks!
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
hocknose wrote:

Thanks

It's a forum default, no worries.

Ok, the only pieces of gear that have Life on them are the BoR (which always has life) and the gloves (which have a mediocre roll).

You need to get a +X to maximum life stat on everything you can. Sad reality.

Also put quality on your BoR and weapons.

Thanks for the advice...

With all buffs I am reaching 100k dps with dual strike, do you think I should drop DPS in order to get more health?

"
hocknose wrote:

Thanks for the advice...

With all buffs I am reaching 100k dps with dual strike, do you think I should drop DPS in order to get more health?

If you are dying often. You really need to make that call. Based on your gear, i would definitely get more life. Try to cap your resists and get to a bare minimum of 4000. Then you will incrementally work your way up over 5000.

If you are not doing something like 300k+ you need to be able to take a hit at least once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info