[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
KR33P wrote:
That's the melee build I was looking for. It melts almost everything. Almost because my eq is garbage, but clearing trash mobs is marvelously fast. I'm using Ancestral Call in place of Multistrike.
For single target I'm currently using Added Fire Dmg, haven't checked dps with EDwA yet.
Gotta do that.
Even though I'm currently @3,6k life - Blind and Basalt/Granite flasks and leech from claws/passives are really doing the job. I also love the passive tree, it's very well thought.
My garbage eq I haven't even bother to update in like last 5lvls because it all goes so smoothly:

Looking forward to get another Ascendancy points, few more lvls and better gear. I can feel it will rip things apart then.

btw. Is it possible to effectively go for a poison-orientated build with Dual Strike, this gem and reworks done to Assassin Ascendancy in 3.2?

Haven’t tried it yet but I suppose it will be viable, possibly with some free changes
"
Matheussp wrote:
Could you replace HoA with HoT? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Herald_of_Thunder

You could but unless you are trying something quite different you wouldn’t want to. HoA scales damage off your physical damage, which is high. HoT just adds flat lightning damage, which doesn’t scale well.
"
Rionok wrote:
So I just put in a 6L setup for Belly/ Stark into PoB and the gem setup that seems to give the best DPS is Dual Strike, Maim, MultiStrike, Added Fire (or Chance to Bleed), Ruthless, Melee Physical Damage.

Out of curiousity I checked out the link setup with BoR to see what is best and Dual Strike, Maim (or Added Fire), Multistrike, Ruthless is the setup that seems to output the most as well.

Am I missing something here or is the gem setup in the guide outdated? I know my gear/ flasks etc. aren't the best but that shouldn't effect this. Just trying to get the most out of my gems :)

What weapons are you using?
"
CaptJackJack wrote:
Is Bino's still the best choice for daggers? Just one or two? What is your true opinion on the dagger variant of this build? I only like daggers because of holding them backwards and looking cool, but will do claws if it is just that much better. Vulconus looks awesome but idk how that works with this build. I'm pretty new so my mechanic knowledge is kinda low lmao.

Would still go with Bino’s, at least one of them. Gonna be expensive to get a high DPS rare

Claws are better IMO. Personally don’t care about aesthetics really. Plus Vaal pact keeps changing and you have to invest in life leech and lose life regen...I’ll take claws
"
Could I use a Hungry Loop Unset Ring? or are the stats on the ring you use important?
"
kylemcc20 wrote:
Just started mapping and got my setup atm so would you mind taking a look seeing if i can improve anything ? also what should i look towards upgrading too late game what items are needed to push those late game bosses for our build ?

Amulet is the only thing that’s meh. Need more life on jewelry and more damage eventually if you want to take bosses down faster
"

Is this better than the Wasp nest?

No, pdps is a little lower but crit is higher...but you need the life on hit and the aps on wasp nest is high. Bonus poison damage and accuracy too
I started playing 2 days ago and I started a shadow. I first did a contagion essence drain build, it was strong but so slow. I don't like standing still casting stuff.

So yesterday I had to respec some points but I'm still a couple points in the wrong area. Would you mind telling me what to do? I'm around lvl 29 ATM and I'm having trouble clearing stuff.
I did get a legendary OH sword yesterday which doubled my dps.
"
sef239 wrote:
Just want to say that I am new to the game and am using your build in SSF HC, and its fun so far but I keep dying.

Really recommend learning the game before you play either of those separately, let alone together, because it’s not forgiving. Go SC until you get gud
"
spazzo246 wrote:
Hi again, Thanks for your build so far. Just finished act 10 and started mapping. My life pool is currently 2.7k @lvl 67 and resistances are not capped. Could you take a quick look at my profile and advise what items I should be purchasing first?

Thanks

Can’t see on my phone but you need to cap resists and get more life. Take a look at my ideal gear stats in the guide and see which items are furthest off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info