After thousen of hours and dollars, i now feel like quiting

So. Each new league, I always find great things to do. Which is why since I started playing this game, I keep buying those support packs (and additional points as well).

Since my first character, I've only been interested in playing Hardcore leagues.
So yes, I have my share of deaths. But usually end up having some level 90s, and having at least the majority of the challanges completed.

This league though, while things looked fun with the ascendencies (although I was worried about a few of them being overpowered), I've now come to a place where I seriously was thinking "ok. this is my last straw. I dont think I ever want to log into this game again".

Now I was worried about the lab and the trials as a hardcore person when first reading about it.
But its so much worse then that.

I thought that at least if I just overleveled the content, then silly lab layouts could be delt with by having a lot more health then needed. But no. The stupied traps dont really care that I've overleveled. They just gleefully kill me all the same.

Now I play this game to make fun builds, test them against the mobs and maps of the game. Push me ever higher (I have yet to reach lvl 100 in hardcore league before going bored, so i do keep coming back for another try again and again).

But some small changes (that the leagues provide) is needed over the years to at least keep some things fresh. And league though, things are just silly.

To experience the new content, I need to willfully subject myself to boredom by not fighting mobs. No. By waiting for some traps to go up/down/back/forth until I can pass them.
Then because of the randomness of the day, having no other way I pass several traps, until a mix of traps make me die no matter what I do in such a fast fashion that the only way to have survived is to either have an autologout script (and i refuse to cheat just to play a game), play with one hand all time on a logout button (and to press it any time it just MIGHT be dangerous), or to just not do the new content and try out the ascendancies at all.

That's what happened today. After several other silly deaths (I mean... I die in mid maps. Now I had several deaths in normal? wtf?), I sped through normal. Over leveled in dried lake.
Had enough dps and hitpoints that I'd normally be getting near vaal in cruel.
So ok. Lab we go !

OK... after a few places, only one way to go. HAVE to open a door, as the way through can only be there. So yah, no way but through layers of traps.
And what do i find. By getting past the few first, there is a stop (spikes coming up) and makes me unable to go back or forth.. which kills me in a flash as a flying trap comes up from the side and slide over me.

Yah. So having worked a lot lately, I thought I'd take a day off today. After that death though I though. No. Fk this game. Don't think I'll ever play it again (well at least not until things change, and a new league rolls by), so i went to work instead. Writing this from there now =)

Normally if it was me dieing to some mobs, I'd have thought;
* damn! I should have grinded another level first.
or
* Awww, just another health node in the build would have been good.

and re-rolled.
Dieing to traps several times, just makes me want to find another game instead.

Hopefully in time, the normal and cruel lab can be overleveled somehow for the sake of the traps to.
Until then, I guess this expansion is dead to me.
Last edited by dukediem on Mar 18, 2016, 9:17:42 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2016, 5:12:41 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Honestly this is a straight answer that I will do.

You need play better.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Honestly this is a straight answer that I will do.

You need play better.

I_NO, look, hun, i know you can totally read this... and that is not a straight answer

As for OP, my straight answers make me mad :/
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"

You need play better.

indeed.
when seasoned hc player cries about traps... that's sad
or maybe he just thinks he is one.

PS 100+ lab runs, 70 merci.
NOT
A
SINGLE
DEATH
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 18, 2016, 9:30:01 AM
ah yes the "lrn2play" comments. very helpful. I agree with OP. I too like playing odd builds but now have no reason to reroll anymore.
"
Skellimancer wrote:
ah yes the "lrn2play" comments. very helpful. I agree with OP. I too like playing odd builds but now have no reason to reroll anymore.

What else do you want me to say? Hes dying to TRAPS out of all things TRAPS I can understand if you're lagging into it etc but when you are legitly dying to traps you need to play better.

Movement skills obviously counter the traps thing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Actually Izzy is very easy when overleveled. Traps can be dangerous just for the first tries. I mean i have totally newbie friend that still sucks in picking gear and build char but we just run lab togheter deathlessly.

My advice is this: just create a softcore toon, level him till act 3 normal, run a few labs dying for practice. You get traps easily if you run lab just 3-4 times in quick succession.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"

with properly rolled silver +quicksilver you can just run through any trap, it wont do any sighnificant damage and floor spikes dont go up that quick.
also brightbeak+aurumworax offhand with wb
even brightbeak groundslam makes things sighnificantly easiers, not talking about proper supported lw and fd.

No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 18, 2016, 9:52:44 AM
"
mezmery wrote:
"

with properly rolled silver +quicksilver you can just run through any trap.

Or be a necromancer completely counters trap having 170% movement speed perma lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Skellimancer wrote:

What else do you want me to say? Hes dying to TRAPS out of all things TRAPS I can understand if you're lagging into it etc but when you are legitly dying to traps you need to play better.

You've literally never said anything constructive towards people having issues with the labyrinth. Perhaps it's time to stop posting in them.
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info