2.2.1d Patch Notes

"
Sfp4 wrote:
so you're not going to fix windows 10 compatibility/memory leak issues? lol thanks dont mind using 28gb ram out of my 32gb just for path of exile then i close it and open 3 other games(csgo, dark souls and dota 2 all at once) and only use 13gb

Exactly this GGG.
After running POE for an hour it starts taking up unnecessary memory and my RAM usage doesn't lower at all when I close the game... I have to restart my computer.
This started after the perandus patch was installed.
Fix this- it's unacceptable for a bug this BIG to make it to release.
I liked the fact that you could get T2 maps in lab
everything else good!

God Job..GGG.. keep it rolling ;)
Everytime I do Izaro #3 I always get stuck with a massive FPS Drop in the room. I've tried everything adjusting my settings. but inevitably I end up dying. My frustration with this issue is extreme.I've had to ask a friend run me through on the last fight more than once. THe main reason I don't play hard core is the random fps drops I seem to encounter or latency spikes. I've been forced to switch back to predictive to make the game even playable.

I do NOT like the labrynth's you die you start over problem. I don't mind forcing me to start over if I return to town or something... but as you can see above the issue has made me ready to spit nails last night.
"
Azraphael wrote:
"
Sfp4 wrote:
so you're not going to fix windows 10 compatibility/memory leak issues? lol thanks dont mind using 28gb ram out of my 32gb just for path of exile then i close it and open 3 other games(csgo, dark souls and dota 2 all at once) and only use 13gb

Exactly this GGG.
After running POE for an hour it starts taking up unnecessary memory and my RAM usage doesn't lower at all when I close the game... I have to restart my computer.
This started after the perandus patch was installed.
Fix this- it's unacceptable for a bug this BIG to make it to release.

They may be still trying to track down why it's happening. Also, it may not have come up during testing because it doesn't happen for everyone. I'm on windows 10 and don't have a memory leak issue, so it's not a "everyone with windows 10 has memory leaks" problem. It may be the type of ram you have, it may be a driver version. It's not a "we forgot to change a 1 to a 3 and now there's a memory leak".
Today the freezes lags and memory usage was sky high.
Totaly unprofessional,i had friends who never played poe watch me play and they thought it was ridiculous for a modern game to lag like that.
We're just so used to it after years of desync and lags.
And my pc is no toaster.
Too funny about the Izaro bug! Keep up the good work!
There are only four rules you need to remember: Make the plan, Execute the plan, Expect the plan to go off the rails, Throw away the plan. Follow my lead and you’ll be fine.
"They may be still trying to track down why it's happening. Also, it may not have come up during testing because it doesn't happen for everyone. I'm on windows 10 and don't have a memory leak issue, so it's not a "everyone with windows 10 has memory leaks" problem. It may be the type of ram you have, it may be a driver version. It's not a "we forgot to change a 1 to a 3 and now there's a memory leak"

To be completely honest I couldn't care any less about why its happening. Its not the customers responsibility to know these things. As for ''not coming up in testing'' isn't that the entire purpose for testing... to TRY and find things that are broken? So it's just a pure fail there. I'm super happy not everyone encounters this PC compromising, performance lowering, restart requiring major bug, but for those of us that are experiencing this, its just BAD. I love this game but if its causing detriment to my (expensive) computer hardware then I'm done.
Last edited by Azraphael on Mar 17, 2016, 8:17:25 PM
Are you guys sure its memory leak?

Memory leaks occur when memory is being constantly allocated. Up to the point it reaches max of your RAM and pagefile, afterwards applications shut down.

"28gb ram out of 32gb"

Sounds like a normal thing. Uploading all the art assets into the RAM, and leaving 4 for your OS and poe.trade

Just wondering, since "memory leaks" does not mean crap ton of memory used.
Memory leaks mean, that your read only memory is being constantly allocated up to the point of application failure (OS'es usually shut down the process).
Last edited by WiseGuard on Mar 17, 2016, 8:41:39 PM
"
WiseGuard wrote:
Are you guys sure its memory leak?

Memory leaks occur when memory is being constantly allocated. Up to the point it reaches max of your RAM and pagefile, afterwards applications shut down.

"28gb ram out of 32gb"

Sounds like a normal thing. Uploading all the art assets into the RAM, and leaving 4 for your OS and poe.trade

Just wondering, since "memory leaks" does not mean crap ton of memory used.
Memory leaks mean, that your read only memory is being constantly allocated up to the point of application failure (OS'es usually shut down the process).

I am not sure its ''memory leak'' but then again, I never said it was lol. Whatever one desires to call the issue, the slow ramp up of RAM being consumed while you play (until it causes a crash when it reaches 100%), and the lack of RAM being freed up after POE is closed (computer still assigns memory to POE?) is a clear sign something is just plain wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info