[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

"
DanVanimal wrote:
how do you deal with mana with this build? mine just drains.

You just need to get 3 mana leech nodes on the skill tree then eveything will be fine
Last edited by shinhajoon on Jun 27, 2016, 2:53:00 AM
Hey Nerd,

Been trying this out, currently A2 Merciless. started using Quill Rain and CoC setup since lvl 43!
very viable, no need to buy a rare bow for crit chance, im raping content with 40+ crib chance buffed easy ^_^

Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Jun 27, 2016, 5:43:35 AM
Wondering whether it wouldn't be more efficient to replace the pierce gem by a skill gem like Freezing Pulse. Yes Each projectile would do a lot less dmg, but the extra skill might be able to compensate for that. On top of that the spark and EK projectiles aren't always that concentrated, so the Freezing Pulse could help for tough bosses like Uber Izaro (I am having problems with him because the sparks are just all over the place) and it will also help with the extra cold damage that can chill and freeze enemies.
"
ArcaneLuke wrote:
Wondering whether it wouldn't be more efficient to replace the pierce gem by a skill gem like Freezing Pulse. Yes Each projectile would do a lot less dmg, but the extra skill might be able to compensate for that. On top of that the spark and EK projectiles aren't always that concentrated, so the Freezing Pulse could help for tough bosses like Uber Izaro (I am having problems with him because the sparks are just all over the place) and it will also help with the extra cold damage that can chill and freeze enemies.

with drill neck equipped, loosing pierce would mean 50% less dmg + x% projectile damage...
Exiled for Eternity
I almost forgot that drillneck only increases damage by arrow pierce chance. Removing the pierce gem would be pretty big, since both EK and and other spell get boosted by it. However, adding another spell might have some merit, since adding another spell to the two existing ones is the equivalent of a 50% more multiplier, all other things being equal. I think it's viable for bosses, where the actual pierce has no utility. I'm not an experienced CoC, so I'd like to hear what other people think about this.
Last edited by Abider on Jun 29, 2016, 9:23:29 PM
Has anyone tried 2 Volley Fire jewels? One at Acuity and one at Blood Drinker?

Thoughts?
Having a hard time getting Crit Chance. Using 2 jewels with 21% combined crit chance, Ungil's, all crit notes have been used in the tree supplied...still only 64% with 6 power charges.

Video says to aim for 70%, guide says use jewels to hit 80%...I just can't see where I can get more crit from at all.

Edit: I've gone back and picked up Lethality but I don't understand how i'm supposed to hit 70, let alone 80% crit chance without it.
Last edited by casper0010 on Jul 1, 2016, 11:18:53 AM
"
casper0010 wrote:
Having a hard time getting Crit Chance. Using 2 jewels with 21% combined crit chance, Ungil's, all crit notes have been used in the tree supplied...still only 64% with 6 power charges.

Video says to aim for 70%, guide says use jewels to hit 80%...I just can't see where I can get more crit from at all.

Edit: I've gone back and picked up Lethality but I don't understand how i'm supposed to hit 70, let alone 80% crit chance without it.

currently i have 40%+ unbuffed in hide out. i have 6 power charger and 6 lab. points which get met over 88% at the moment with charges.
DPS is insane, im currently struggling to get more life...

BTW i started using Quill Rain at lvl 45 with no ascendancy points and below 30% crit chance, no need to get a rare bow. only thing thats needed to make CoC setup work is the mana leech nodes or you're ******
Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Jul 1, 2016, 6:22:30 PM
"
Has anyone tried 2 Volley Fire jewels? One at Acuity and one at Blood Drinker?

Thoughts?

I think I leveled one with using barrage and 3 VF-jewels last season. Then went down to 2 VF for CoC. It was ok, but not really needed when you are critting so much anyway. I played with one VF this season but ripped to brainfart on uber-izaro.
guys,

For 5L, which gem should I drop? I don't see this information in the OP.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info