[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

"
Bars wrote:
quoteLiftingNerdBro
"

There is almost always something that is going to get you in HC eventually, you can say that for any build.
I played this into level 87 and tier 11+ maps and it felt safe, and that was while wearing a tabula - imagine how much safer it would be if you got that lightning coil. Besides, take a look at the gear I am wearing, it has soo much upgrade potential.

As for the damage, this build has so far killed almost any tier 1-10 map boss in less than 2 seconds. I can understand that it is annoying when people "hype" up their builds but in this case, it is warranted. I'd suggest you try it out before judging it.

If it kills T10 bosses in less than 2 seconds, it is pretty good and I apologize for my mistake. The only information I have is from the video and there it looked OK, but not "insane", at least according to my definition.

As for HC, we'll have to disagree there. There are builds which perform reliably and reach level 100 with the right degree of skill and dedication, as evidenced by each new HC temp league. I just don't think this build should be included in this category. I guess this could also be called a disagreement on definitions.

Anyway, cheers for your many great build guides and the interesting idea with this one (I don't remember seeing a spark CoC quill rain build before with pierce and proj speed scaling).

"
slash_krd wrote:

I mean does "Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life" works with this build?

No.

Fair enough mate. Nothing wrong with different opinions :)

Gl =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hey lifting, what do you think of using Lightning Arrow to level with?

Just wondering if it is a viable alternative to using spark with wands.

Thanks Bro, I am level 10 and so far this is the fastest leveling I have done!

*EDIT*

Nevermind-I got a couple Lifesprig wands and my DPS trippled, I will go your way :)
Last edited by SimplPrimate on Mar 17, 2016, 2:17:18 PM
How do you restore mana? I have very quickly ends mana...
"
slash_krd wrote:

Get a couple rings with -8 mana cost of skills

they are not cheap but even with spark and 2 support skills I spend 0 mana to cast it.

"
slash_krd wrote:

You can take the Essence Sap notable right below the ranger's Herbalism node until you get 2 "+2 mana gained per enemy hit by your attacks" jewels.

EDIT: If you mean for leveling, I ran a mana leech gem in the Tabula Rasa with a five link spark. Kept mana up pretty well.

--

@LiftingNerdBro

Why do you feel the Volley Fire jewel is necessary? I'm reaching the cap on CoC without it, even on single targets.

EDIT: Disregard my helm enchant. I was hitting the CoC cap before I rolled it.

Gear
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Mar 17, 2016, 6:12:27 PM
how can you tell if you're hitting CoC cap?
Im starting this build tonight. It looks fun as hell. Thanks for the video. Ive been wanting to try something a bit out of the norm and interesting. this looks like it fits the bill and super cheap. Ill report back in a few days.
How are you dealing with reflect... I'm getting destroyed by both ele and phys (much worse - wtf)... Can't do it slow enough to have the basalt up all the time..
"
xMustard wrote:
how can you tell if you're hitting CoC cap?

SRS in the links of Cast on Crit for testing runs.

At a certain attack speed you'll end up getting less procs with barrage + multiple projectiles the more there are. It usually applies to GMP Barrage, but in this case, Volley Fire is substituted for GMP.

EDIT: Sorry, it's a breakpoint, not a cap. I used the wrong terminology in my original post.

"
How are you dealing with reflect... I'm getting destroyed by both ele and phys (much worse - wtf)... Can't do it slow enough to have the basalt up all the time..

Surgeon's Topaz and Surgeon's Basalt.

EDIT: I personally use Call of the Brotherhood, splitting the damage half to cold and half to light on ele reflect. Makes it doable with just a health flask.

Another edit: Just want to say this build is awesome, by the way. I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind Volley Fire - other than that, it's pretty solid.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Mar 18, 2016, 4:55:05 AM
Hey XigTek, I'm not the OP but I'd imagine the volley fire jewels are there to both apply knockback to more pack monsters and to achieve a few extra casts here and there when the enemies are staggered. It doesn't affect single targets as the volley fire projectiles are fired at the same time as the first and last barrage shots in the same fashion as lesser/greater multiple projectiles applies to most other projectile attacks. And even if they could shotgun, the CoC cooldown would prevent them from helping on single targets.

Edit: It also reduces how precisely you have to click on things, which is very nice.
Last edited by JohnLG on Mar 18, 2016, 8:38:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info