[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

"
mayainverse wrote:
"
Kiszh wrote:
Wouldn't surgebinders be ideal for this build with 6 power charges and frenzy charges and 3 endurance charges if you swap curses?

it says steals charges. doesn't that mean you have to have charges on enemy to get any? not very reliable

I bought a pretty good pair at 1c and I still get charges without having til steal them, not sure if I get the effect without stealing though. I don't have much knowledge of the different uniques. They may not add up to shadows and dust though, atleast not in fun.
Last edited by Kiszh on Mar 22, 2016, 7:04:54 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQMeBS0FtQceDY0OSBCSES8Rlha_Go0fQSP2JP0mlSoLKwowfDIBMjI2PTfUQzFFfEd-SVFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtbJluvXfJeRWHiYetirGVNZ6BsjHBSdO11y3pTeu9_-4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv5LzlS6Xl5smnaqjiqR4shm0OLTFt7a8b702vqfBScHVwuzI3M2Yz3rUI9mG2sHe-OOf5RnnVOjW6mLrFOtj7T_uDvDV-uv79fzF_h3_3g==

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DaBoss222/characters

I am using close to the same tree as this but I went ST CoC. Where can I can i make improvements?
How do you get lifesteal with this build?
"
What the issue is here is that a lot of people fell for the promise the reflect is not a problem. Feelsbadman... Should have gone for this BV char :(

I have no idea why you are having issues with reflect. If you are making sure to use the CWDT + IC setup, A basalt flask and a topaz flask then you should be good. Every time someone has issues with reflect, they always seem to lack one of these in their build.

I also don't claim that there aren't any "issues" with reflect, just that they are manageable and that if you play responsibly then you should be fine.

I played this build up and until level 87 and did tier 12+ maps with it. As long as I was careful around reflect is was never an issue.

Oh or are we talking about reflect maps? In that case, yea - don't do those. I had hoped that was clear :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Mar 22, 2016, 11:22:46 AM
"
mayainverse wrote:
"
Oxidizerr wrote:
Considering physical reflect i replace Ethereal Knives with Slower Projectiles and while that lowers the DPS of the build alot i ve had no issue with phys reflect.
Same goes with eleme reflect replacing Spark

you are better off putting a second phys or elemental spell when you are doing that. slower projectiles is what 30% or something more damage? second skill is 100% more damage. and looks cooler/more consistent

You are absolutely right just never bothered with it cause even with only spark or only EK the damage is there to clear a map.

"
Oh or are we talking about reflect maps? In that case, yea - don't do those. I had hoped that was clear :)

I had the same idea we were talking about maps cause a single reflect rare/blue monster is never an issue!
Alright, nice build, but I have few questions/observation:
-Why are you using a lightning coil? It's Str/Dex chest armor, meaning you will have an hard time getting the 4G/2B you need. I know it's a very good defensive armor, but you could get Hyrri's Ire which is also good defensively, and more suited for the links.

-You can upgrade the frenzy link, adding a Power charge on critical. It may be difficult to get on the bow (3B/2G), but you may be ok with a vaal orb (I got a 2G/2B/1W quill rain). This way, you can get both frenzy and power charge against anything without killing requirement. You still get the GMP and the assassin's mark setup.

-You are not using the unique jewel for Barrage? I may have missed something here.
@liftingnerdbro

I am trying this build and I am new to PoE so I typically try to look up some interesting/cool builds that I think are currently relevant and go off of them.

However I am having trouble seeing the point of frenzy and the links with it.

In your video I don't see frenzy being up like 90% of the time.

Is there a better way to spend these links?

Thanks.
"
Keyen wrote:
Alright, nice build, but I have few questions/observation:
-Why are you using a lightning coil? It's Str/Dex chest armor, meaning you will have an hard time getting the 4G/2B you need. I know it's a very good defensive armor, but you could get Hyrri's Ire which is also good defensively, and more suited for the links.

-You can upgrade the frenzy link, adding a Power charge on critical. It may be difficult to get on the bow (3B/2G), but you may be ok with a vaal orb (I got a 2G/2B/1W quill rain). This way, you can get both frenzy and power charge against anything without killing requirement. You still get the GMP and the assassin's mark setup.

-You are not using the unique jewel for Barrage? I may have missed something here.

1. You optimally want to get the colors for your CoC setup on your Quill Rain.

2. Power charges are generated by just hitting a monster, it does not need to kill it in this case. There is no need for pcoc :)

3. I am using the unique jewel, but I might have forgotten to add it to the written guide. It is in the video though.
"
Synergy422 wrote:
@liftingnerdbro

I am trying this build and I am new to PoE so I typically try to look up some interesting/cool builds that I think are currently relevant and go off of them.

However I am having trouble seeing the point of frenzy and the links with it.

In your video I don't see frenzy being up like 90% of the time.

Is there a better way to spend these links?

Thanks.

Since the damage is so high on this build I haven't found the frenzy charges to be necessary for general map clearing, they are however very nice against tankier bosses and tier 12+ maps.

That said they are in no way necessary for the build and if you prefer you can use a different setup :)
"
Jimmiq wrote:
How do you get lifesteal with this build?

I have some more questions, the one above about lifesteal.

But also

Does the knockback work with barrage only or also EK and spark.

Does the knockback means as long as u attacking and proc crits u are kinda imunne against melee hits?

Also how do you get power charges against bosses? Assassin's mark only give charges on kill.

Ha det bra.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info