[2.2] Lawn Mower lite - Dual curse LL Bladevortex. Mowing on a "budget"

This build is a budget version of Blasting Caps Lawn mower build. If you have extremely deep pockets, here is a link to that. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1580756/page/1

For those of us who can't afford multiple level 4 enlightens, Skyforths , legacy gear and possibly +1 to curse amulets... I present to you

Lawn Mower Lite - Low life Blade Vortex - Mowing on a budget
*Subject to change, build still in progress*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I stream semi-regularly when I am not on tour. (I play drums for a metal band called Oh,Sleeper) Feel free to pop in and see the build in action / say hello. I am always open to ideas and constructive criticism.

www.twitch.tv/ggrimace
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picking a class - Witch or Scion?
Spoiler
The Witch (Occultist) is hands down the best budget class for this build. If you have Skyforths, go Scion.

Why Occultist?

The Occultist gets (from ascendancy tree)

Forbidden Power =
+1 to power charge ( each power charge is 50% increased Crit strike chance )
10% chance to gain power charge on crit ( this is for people without skyforth )
20% increased critical strike chance
8% increased Energy Shield

(If you have skyforths you will go Wicked Ward for +100 max ES)

Profane Bloom =
10% increased damage against cursed enemies
8% increased energy shield

Malediction =
8% increased energy shield
4% extra chaos damage per curse on enemies ( 8% total )
+1 to curse ( This is a very large boost in DPS... See below )

Curses are some of the biggest damage multipliers in the game. I run assassins mark on blasphemy and corrupted a pair of Face Breakers with vulnerability on hit. This will synergize with Profane Bloom and Malediction. This prevents us from needed level 4 enlightens as well. You can also go for just 1 curse and get all the ES in the Occultist tree

How to level
Spoiler
I leveled as a life based blade vortex witch, then went hybrid, then into full low life.

LiftingNerdBro has a wonderful life based guide. He starts scion though. Simply start witch, and pick up the mana and mana regen nodes on the right side of the witch tree to start. You can also level with a tabula instead of a Lightning Coil. Everything else can stay the same.

You can find his guide here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1579705

LowLife without Skyforth boots
Spoiler
If you can't afford Skyforth boots, you will need to run Lioneye's Paws and whirling blades everywhere. You will also need to take Forbidden Power on the Occultist tree for Power charge on crit. This is very important for boss fights.

Auras

Discipline - Herald of ice - Blood magic (link these together)

None of the following auras need to be linked. Try to get enlightens as soon as you can.

Clarity
Hatred
Blasphemy - assassins mark

Lowlife with Skyforths
Spoiler
Getting Skyforths allows you to spec out of Forbidden Power and into Wicked Ward. This is a HUGE defensive boost. You are now also able to run haste providing you with faster clear speed and more damage (more blade stacks)

Auras

Discipline - clarity lvl 8 - Herald of ice - blood magic (linked)

Assassins mark - Blasphemy - Enlighten (linked)

Hatred - Haste - Enlighten (linked)

Current skill tree and bandits - level 90

Gear breakdown and Current gear
Spoiler
My gear is constantly chaining as the league progresses. I was extremely lucky with gear this time around, but was doing fine with 5k energy shield and no skyforth boots.

Weapon - You want Spell Dmg, Spell crit and crit multi. Added lightning to spells is bis for shock chance

Helm High ES with the resistances that you need

Shield - High ES with the resistances that you need. Mana regen here is VERY nice if you can get it.

Amulet - High dex and strength, Crit, crit multi, spell damage, ES and resistances are all good here.

Rings I mainly use rings to cap my resistances and get some more energy shield. Mana regen would be nice here too

Body armour - Shavs... Self explanatory

Gloves - Facebreakers are BiS here. Corrupt them with Vulnerability on hit

Boots - Skyforth

Belt - Your belt should be high strength with resistances. Everything else is bonus.

Flasks - These are the best flasks for the build
Spoiler

Videos
Map test video. More coming soon!
https://www.twitch.tv/ggrimace/v/54495839
Coming soon. Feel free to see the build live at www.twitch.tv/ggrimace
Last edited by gGrimace on Mar 18, 2016, 11:27:19 PM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 6:00:57 AM
Hi,

Great guide! The leveling tree you referenced is no longer available, therefore can you provide a general guide on where to travel in the tree as you progress.

I understand you went life first and then transitioned to hybrid and low-life.

Thank you.

"
buckwildg wrote:
Hi,

Great guide! The leveling tree you referenced is no longer available, therefore can you provide a general guide on where to travel in the tree as you progress.

I understand you went life first and then transitioned to hybrid and low-life.

Thank you.

Ah, thanks for the heads up! I'll make my own lvling guide soon. For now I used LifingNerdbro's.
how much you payed for the Skyforths ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
how much you payed for the Skyforths ?

Lots and lots of chance orbs. I got pretty lucky this season!
Can i ask bandits? .... i would assume All/All/Alira
"
deranius wrote:
Can i ask bandits? .... i would assume All/All/Alira

You are correct.

For leveling you want to take Oak/Kill all/Alira
For low life you want Kill/Kill/Alira

Hey Grimace, how squishy did you feel on lowlife witch without Skyforth? Atziri viable? Thinking of trying to run this for the HCP league. Thanks!
IGN: Nano
Last edited by NanoDestiny on Mar 18, 2016, 11:56:05 AM
"
NanoDestiny wrote:
Hey Grimace, how squishy did you feel on lowlife witch without Skyforth? Atziri viable? Thinking of trying to run this for the HCP league. Thanks!

If you are going to play this build on hardcore I would run life based until you have VERY VERY good ES gear and around 19k dps with auras. The way this build is set up, you need to kill things before they kill you, we can't afford to facetank. DPS helps leech, which in turn helps sustain.. But in hardcore I wouldn't risk it until you KNOW you'll survive some big hits.
No Arcane Vision? I can't see shit, fam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info