[Storm Call Elementalist]Righteous Caller of the Flames [From 2.2 to 2.4 and still viable]

"
Pyrollusion wrote:
Looking at the Weapon you are using, how far is nearby? I was just thinking about Lightning tendrils being a possibility.

It is around basic radius of righteous fire. Can´t say how much is that exactly.
Updated!

Merciless Labyrinth done.

I was lucky to craft my own 5L cloak of flame with 60 jewelers and 20 fusings :)

Still not quite in endgame but running T9 maps without any big problem.

Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 17, 2016, 7:24:36 PM
I'm really interested in the concept. Can you explain to me how the conversion to fire damage works exactly? I get the basis of it with the COTB but why do you go for the stormweaver nodes?
With the COTB you split your output from 100% lightning to 50% lightning, 50% cold. You transform both of these with avatar of fire to get 100% fire. You then add these stormweaver nodes, wich gives you 42% cold and 42 % lightning, you transform the cold with the cold to fire gem, but you're still stuck with the lightning damage. You also get +% lightning damage from the COTB on top of that. Am I missing something here? I'm trying to wrap my mind around this, considering I would like to build a full fire damage output. Wouldn't it be better if you go for the explosive impact node?

And I'm considering to go for arc instead of storm call but I'm having conflicts, what are your thoughts on arc? With COTB you get the chance to freeze the mobs and stunning them afterwards. This gets negated if I transform the cold damage. Will the mob control be high enough in order for me to survive?

Also what do you think about taking your fire damage and partially transforming it to chaos with the help of a fiend dagger for example? That would help a lot with reflect and bursting down bosses and mobs.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by MiniMieen on Mar 18, 2016, 11:18:06 AM
"
MiniMieen wrote:
I'm really interested in the concept. Can you explain to me how the conversion to fire damage works exactly? I get the basis of it with the COTB but why do you go for the stormweaver nodes?
With the COTB you split your output from 100% lightning to 50% lightning, 50% cold. You transform both of these with avatar of fire to get 100% fire. You then add these stormweaver nodes, wich gives you 42% cold and 42 % lightning, you transform the cold with the cold to fire gem, but you're still stuck with the lightning damage. You also get +% lightning damage from the COTB on top of that. Am I missing something here? I'm trying to wrap my mind around this, considering I would like to build a full fire damage output. Wouldn't it be better if you go for the explosive impact node?

And I'm considering to go for arc instead of storm call but I'm having conflicts, what are your thoughts on arc? With COTB you get the chance to freeze the mobs and stunning them afterwards. This gets negated if I transform the cold damage. Will the mob control be high enough in order for me to survive?

Also what do you think about taking your fire damage and partially transforming it to chaos with the help of a fiend dagger for example? That would help a lot with reflect and bursting down bosses and mobs.

Thank you in advance.

First you cannot deal chaos damage with avatar of fire. So no consuming dark.

Now how conversion works:
Assuming you deal 100 base lightning damage with a lightning spell, got 20 % increased lightning and 20 % increased cold,, 20 % incr. fire, 20 % increased elem and 20 % increased spell damage:

50 % is transferred to cold by CotB and then transfered to fire by AoF and CtF:
50 Base damage*(1 + 0.2 (increased lightning damage) + 0.2 (increased cold damage) +0.2(increased fire damage) + 0.2 (increased elem damage)+ 0.2 (increased spell damage)) = 100 fire damage on the total conversion way

the other 50 % is directly converted to fire by AoF:
50 Base damage*(1 + 0.2 (increased lightning damage) +0.2(increased fire damage) + 0.2 (increased elem damage)+ 0.2 (increased spell damage)) = 90 fire damage directly converted

So totally you get 190 fire damage from your original 100 lightning damage. Conversion is the best way to increase your damage because you can use multiple modifiers.
Well, that just totally slipped my mind about the dagger.

What happens when you go over the 100 total. Assuming you have 35% increased lightning damage instead of 20%, this leaves you with 15% at the end of the equation. What happens with it? Does it get converted, does it get negated or does it get ignored and goes through as 15% lightning resulting in a not full fire conversion?

Sorry about the stupid questions, I'm trying to understand the mechanics instead of blatantly following the build. I'm finally enjoying the game again by theory crafting myself.

Thank you in advance.
"
MiniMieen wrote:

What happens when you go over the 100 total. Assuming you have 35% increased lightning damage instead of 20%, this leaves you with 15% at the end of the equation. What happens with it? Does it get converted, does it get negated or does it get ignored and goes through as 15% lightning resulting in a not full fire conversion?

Sorry about the stupid questions, I'm trying to understand the mechanics instead of blatantly following the build. I'm finally enjoying the game again by theory crafting myself.

Thank you in advance.

It all get converted. So first all your bonis to lightning damage get added and then it gets converted. But all bonis only count once so you get only one time increased elemental instead of three times for all three elements.
And with 35% lightning it would be:

50 Base damage*(1 + 0.35 (increased lightning damage) + 0.2 (increased cold damage) +0.2(increased fire damage) + 0.2 (increased elem damage)+ 0.2 (increased spell damage)) = 107,5 fire damage on the total conversion way

50 Base damage*(1 + 0.35 (increased lightning damage) +0.2(increased fire damage) + 0.2 (increased elem damage)+ 0.2 (increased spell damage)) = 97,5 fire damage directly converted

So totally 205, could be 204 cause I don´t now when the game rounds the numbers down. But it is only an example what would happen with 100 points lightning damage from a lightning spell.
If you use a lightning trap you have the additional trap modifier, and for lightning arrow, statik strike or lightning strike it is increased by damage modifiers for the weapons instead of the increased spell damage modifiers.
Last edited by griffinzero on Mar 18, 2016, 7:26:55 PM
"
MiniMieen wrote:

Thank you in advance.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion#Example_calculation

There is a example. Simply if there is something above 100% it all get scaled to exactly 100% so in most cases this causes damage loss when used with Avatar of Fire.

Now for the Stormweaver, this does not work like evasion and armour node when it adds only once to armour when you are using iron reflexes, these are 2 separate multipliers. In fact this gives me more damage from 3 points (even with only 50% effectivness from cold damage increases) than going for 4 points of fire damage.

Maybe i will also grab these in the tree but now the jewel slots are my priority since they add more value than pure damage nodes.

Sorry for not responding for long time, i had to make a one day break from this :)
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 19, 2016, 2:43:44 PM
Thank you both for the explanations, I get it now.

I'm going for arc, adjusting the tree a bit and changing some gems and links. I'll definitely make a detailed reply when I'm at maps, still leveling atm.

Edit: I just made a six link cloak of flame with 20 jew & about 70-80 fusing, I can't believe it.
Last edited by MiniMieen on Mar 19, 2016, 7:48:04 PM
"
MiniMieen wrote:
Thank you both for the explanations, I get it now.

I'm going for arc, adjusting the tree a bit and changing some gems and links. I'll definitely make a detailed reply when I'm at maps, still leveling atm.

Edit: I just made a six link cloak of flame with 20 jew & about 70-80 fusing, I can't believe it.

Good job there, with arc i believe you will reach much more damage than I because you will not need area nodes. I was thinking about arc first but when they announced less duration will have more multiplier, i went with that. Maybe leveling will be a little problem till arc gets another chains.

Maybe Chris likes our idea, i made a 5-link in about the same amount as you, it was enough for me but i guess i would get 6L pretty fast :)
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 20, 2016, 2:26:37 PM
I played arc before, and I have to say I'm liking it a lot so far. The single target burst is insanely good in comparison with the previous build. I'm in merciless act 2 now and the only issue I'm having right now is mana. 2 jewels & amulet with mana regen can't keep up, constantly spamming my mana flask. The damage I'm putting out makes up for it tho. It's going to be a real problem once I gotta get PoF running as well, wich is fairly close, like 5 more levels. It's going to be a hassle but I'll work it out. Maybe picking up some reduced mana cost of skill nodes, but I don't really think they are worth it. Your thoughts? And how is the mana for you, are you able to sustain spamming storm call?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info