[2.2] HC | 2-h Mace Slayer | "State of Exile" tells you this is bad, beware!

[2.2] HC | 2-h Mace Tank Slayer |

"State of Exile" tells you this is shit, beware!

They say that the slayer subclass is the worst and complete garbage, the best nodes are only the stun nodes and that the melee splash key node is a damage loss and not worth taking. Also they mentioned leech buffs in the subclass are useless.

lol

*updated stats because of lvl-ups*

Here comes my lvl 94 HC 2h-Mace Slayer Duelist, decide yourself if thats "shit" how "State of Exile" tells you:

If you want to facetank Izaro with full buffs, Argus or similar bosses etc than try this build. Its a very tanky melee high dps build for real man who want jump into the crowd and spit on the dead bodies below.

Quick stat overview below and more detailed in the imgur ablbum:

pros:
-> 7496 Life
-> 113k DPS without flasks or vaal haste
-> 170k DPS with flask and vaal haste active
-> 6 Endurance Charges up almost all the time due to the gem "Gain An Endurance Charge on Stun"
-> Enemy stuntreshold reduction by 76% and a maximum physical hit by 18.8k for 99% chance to stun even the hardest and tankiest bosses when you activate lions roar flask to increase the pure hit to 24k
-> Fortify with main movement skill "Leap Slam" (nearly indefinite uptime)
-> long and consistent "Immortal Call" uptime thanks to 6 end. charges
-> massive boosted lifeleech due to subclass and skiltree + maybe usage of Atziri's Promise flask
-> good damage output for an very tanky hc melee char
-> Stun immun while life leeching, we leech all the time due to "Endless Hunger"
-> Resolute Technique

Cons:
-> average map clearspeed
-> not good party play potential

Character screenshots for stats, browse the imgur album(OUTDATED):

(Little bit outdated due to flask change)

http://imgur.com/a/D39VZ

EDIT:
I have changed my Atziris Promise flask to the Lions Roar flask, more efficient due to increase of pure physical damage, more stun potential and base leech thanks to higher base damage. The overall damage output also increases while using lions roar!

Skill gem links:

Helmet: Summon Lightning Golem + Leap Slam + Fortify + Faster Attacks
Chest Armor: (Kaoms), if you go Belly of the Beast or Lightning Coil or Cherrubims you can have an additional 6 link for defense options or even better damage (1 aoe attack/1 single target attack)
Gloves: Hatred + Blasphemy + Enfeeble + (your choice)
Boots: Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Increased Duration
2-h Mace: Heavy Strike + Endurance Charges on Stun + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks + Melee Damage on Full Life (because we can actually use it effectively thanks to the insane life leech buffs of the slayer class "Endless Hunger") + Added Fire
Ring: Vaal haste

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Skill Tree:(now lvl 94, got some extra stun treshold reduction and life)

Bandits:
normal: OAK (+40max life)
cruel: KRAYTIN (+8% IAS)
merciless: OAK (+1 max endurance charge)

Slayer-subclass points:
Brutal Fervor
Enless Hunger
Impact

greetings
Hruthgard
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on May 25, 2016, 11:57:16 AM
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 5:20:41 AM
Lol. Btw, who was it exactly in state of exile calling slayer a crap class? I have a suspicion that it was probably zeno. Lol

That's why I don't watch state of exile anymore. They don't have good theorycrafters except for the few times they invite people to appear on the podcast.

Endless hunger is really heavily underestimated. Build looks good for the most part, unfortunately I don't have access to a computer atm so I can't take a look at your tree.

Good luck mate.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Literally everyone in the podcast said that the slayer is "shit" but especially zeno was it who "pointed out" the most reasons why it is "shit", who else.

Glad you like it so far, you could easily adopt some changes for way more damage for less survivability but that's up to you.

greetings
Hruthgard
=Licht ist Leben=
No feedback? Everyone likes the less tanky, less dps Earthquake build more?
=Licht ist Leben=
"
Hruthgard wrote:
No feedback? Everyone likes the less tanky, less dps Earthquake build more?

i am willing to test for you!

im an altoholic and i will try to make 2 toons, one with EQ, one with your build.

(also, which build is "less tanky, less dps"? i'll follow it for comparision)
My guess is people generally avoid things from people who go out of their way to discredit others as the builds selling point, instead of the less douchy and more appealing "I made something I found cool, try it out".
I'm counting 58% reduced enemy stun treshhold.
14% from the mace cluster. 25% from Heavy Strike and 19% from Endurance charge on Melee Stun.

What am I missing? *edit* Found it. The belt has 14%. Never knew it could have it.

Other than that nice build. I play a reverse-knockback-block-Heavy Strike Gladiator atm.

What I really dislike about Heavy Strike is the range. Even with the AoE nodes I took the splash is so tiny.

What is you opinion on using Marohi with Cleave in the 2nd slot for trash and Heavy Strike for single target?

What is your opinion on using the reverse-knockback gloves and instead of Kaoms a Belly?

How do you know you can stun any boss? Splash does way lower damage. How about double unique boss maps?

Sorry for asking so much questions but I want to build quite a similar character.

Your max phys hit is 18.8k. If one is factoring in 72% threshhold you need to do at least 2.8% life per hit to be even considered a stun. Thus you have a stunchance against anything that has less than 671,428 health. That does not sound right.

Your avg dmg per hit should be ~26,327. (100k dps / aps)

That would bring the maximum health of a monster to be stunable to 940,250. That sounds more like it.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

Imo getting to 90% threshhold is kind of important. It nearly doubles the health a monster can have if you compare it to the 70% threshhold.
Last edited by zorker on Mar 24, 2016, 5:00:06 AM
"
My guess is people generally avoid things from people who go out of their way to discredit others as the builds selling point, instead of the less douchy and more appealing "I made something I found cool, try it out".

yeah i guess so too, my bad but sometimes it really bothers me that people look only at stuff people say in for example "state of exile" and then tell everyone else thats the way to go

"
I'm counting 58% reduced enemy stun treshhold.
14% from the mace cluster. 25% from Heavy Strike and 19% from Endurance charge on Melee Stun.

What am I missing? *edit* Found it. The belt has 14%. Never knew it could have it.

You never learn out ;)

"
What I really dislike about Heavy Strike is the range. Even with the AoE nodes I took the splash is so tiny.

Its ok, if you go carcass jack and more aoe nodes in the tree etc you get an pretty intense splash range.

"
What is you opinion on using Marohi with Cleave in the 2nd slot for trash and Heavy Strike for single target?

If you dont have insane currency to afford yourself an epic rare 2h mace, go for the cheap maori, good weapon overall but noway near the true potential of 2h maces.
You can easily do that weapon swap style/ or use a chest with second 6link to have an attack for perfect single and aoe dmg but your will lose some true survivability if you gonna use a another chestpiece with less life. A second 6 linked mace with weapon swap is awesome but insanely expensiv.

"
What is your opinion on using the reverse-knockback gloves and instead of Kaoms a Belly?

If you go for faster map clearing speed that could be a good option, but this build is mainly focused on survivability.

"
How do you know you can stun any boss? Splash does way lower damage. How about double unique boss maps?

I tried it out, the Slayer-subclass inbuilt melee spash key node has no negativ damage multiplier to your main attack skill. So no reduction in damage while using melee splash. Also you have a gem slot free to use for free. Double Bosses are easy, except the super crazy stuff like Tier 14+ with bad map mods on them.

"
Your max phys hit is 18.8k. If one is factoring in 72% threshhold you need to do at least 2.8% life per hit to be even considered a stun. Thus you have a stunchance against anything that has less than 671,428 health. That does not sound right.

Your avg dmg per hit should be ~26,327. (100k dps / aps)

That would bring the maximum health of a monster to be stunable to 940,250. That sounds more like it.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

Imo getting to 90% threshhold is kind of important. It nearly doubles the health a monster can have if you compare it to the 70% threshhold.
Last edited by zorker on March 24, 2016 1

If we look into detail you are right, but we also use flasks and or other buffs to increase our temporaly available damage output to reach that. Overall would be more stun treshhold reduction favorable!

=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Mar 24, 2016, 12:16:09 PM
I would like to hear some feedback, is there anyone who tested the build himself then please share your thoughts : )

greetings
Hruthgard
=Licht ist Leben=
I have a lvl73 Duelist I started spec-ing to this build, but with a lot of setup inspiration from another Marauder build. I just need a decent weapon and then I can start giving some feedback. I plan on running a Slayer in the two week event starting tomorrow since it is the least played of all the ascendancy classes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info