Why do players' and monsters' attributes progress on different scales?

"
Wipman wrote:
Hi, i think that's because the gameplay, we've to fight versus a large number of monsters while we are just one, those of us who don't form up a raiding party with other players; if a monster had the same life than us... the fight versus that single monster will last longer than actualy, but as that monster will come with it's fellas... the fight will not last more than 10secs if they all deal the same amount of damage than we do. I think that's because the gameplay. Let's C ya

Sorry, What are you talking about? This doesnt make sense at all.

Monsters have much more hp than us. Why would it take longer to kill a single mob if we would have larger health pool?

Actually we should have more HP than mobs because we are alone and they come in groups but this is not the case. We can survive only because they do crap damage.
"
Wipman wrote:
Hi, i think that's because the gameplay, we've to fight versus a large number of monsters while we are just one, those of us who don't form up a raiding party with other players; if a monster had the same life than us... the fight versus that single monster will last longer than actualy, but as that monster will come with it's fellas... the fight will not last more than 10secs if they all deal the same amount of damage than we do. I think that's because the gameplay. Let's C ya

The fight not lasting more than 10 seconds if they all deal the same amount of damage as us only holds true if we deal the current huge amounts of damage.

Fights lasting forever if monsters had the same life as players is ridiculous because monsters have considerably MORE life than players. if they had the same life as players, than fights would be over almost instantly as long as players do their current amount of damage.

Damage is so high and scales so high because people like to see the large numbers. there is a visceral feeling of power to seeing that you do thousands of damage, vs. going from 30 damage to 40 damage. I think they need to boost the players life(bring us on-par with the monsters) and the monsters damage(bring them a little closer to players).

Right now the ratio of Boss damage to player life is probably roughly proportional to the ratio of player damage to monster life. (This opinion could be skewed because of my builds).

I would think that the ratio of player damage to player life should be the same as the ratio of player damage to monster life, and the ratio of boss damage to player lif should be the same as boss damage to monster life. Then each lower tier of monsters(blues, whites) would have a bit less damage and life, to make up for their greater volume... That would also mean that the current weapon damage would work in pvp without having to be scaled down.
I though that you was talking about normal monsters, not the mobs.

I use my armour to take less damage and my dexterity to get less criticals aswell to increase my evasion rate.
I use my skill gems to increase the damage and i use the skills tree sometimes to get passive skills that increase the damage that i do and my chance to get criticals, also my attack speed to hit more times increasing in this way the chance to get criticals and also do more damage in less time; if i get too much damage i use my potions to recover me.
Punk's Not Dead = Semper Fi.
I repeat: damage has much more scaling factors than life.
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
"
Blizzisme wrote:
"
Wipman wrote:

The fight not lasting more than 10 seconds if they all deal the same amount of damage as us only holds true if we deal the current huge amounts of damage.

Fights lasting forever if monsters had the same life as players is ridiculous because monsters have considerably MORE life than players. if they had the same life as players, than fights would be over almost instantly as long as players do their current amount of damage.

Damage is so high and scales so high because people like to see the large numbers. there is a visceral feeling of power to seeing that you do thousands of damage, vs. going from 30 damage to 40 damage. I think they need to boost the players life(bring us on-par with the monsters) and the monsters damage(bring them a little closer to players).

Right now the ratio of Boss damage to player life is probably roughly proportional to the ratio of player damage to monster life. (This opinion could be skewed because of my builds).

I would think that the ratio of player damage to player life should be the same as the ratio of player damage to monster life, and the ratio of boss damage to player lif should be the same as boss damage to monster life. Then each lower tier of monsters(blues, whites) would have a bit less damage and life, to make up for their greater volume... That would also mean that the current weapon damage would work in pvp without having to be scaled down.

Finally someone with common sense...
Last edited by szesan on Jan 5, 2012, 8:48:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info