2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

"
Bloodmatter wrote:
After playing and experimenting with this build, here are my conclusions:

1. Reliable mana sustain: I didn't like relying on Vinktar's for mana leech as its a problem vs bosses and in no mana regen maps, and my build variant reserves almost all of my mana.
Solution: 2x Elreon Jewellery and 1 Mana on hit Jewel

2. Dual curse: While the build works without it, not using a second curse is wasted damage. Vulnerability is a 39% more multiplier on the hit, and double dips on the poison. It also keeps the damage types of the build physical + poison, which is the theme of this build.
Solution: Doedre's Damning is a waste of a ring slot, Windscream is a waste of boots slot(no ES, low movement speed which cyclone relies on). The best solution would be +1 curse Stone of Lazhwar (going for 1 exalt on PSC). Yes, I didn't like the Lazhwar route as well, but it isn't a wasted slot; the 50% spell block allows us to swap our Rathpith Globe for a high ES shield(which is around 200 flat ES gained, and 1200 with multipliers). In other words, if we are dual cursing, Lazhwar is BiS.

3. Power charge generation: Without Skyforth's, using a whole setup just to generate power charges is a waste, especially since the build is tight on sockets. However, the setup isn't wasted if used for both flask charges and generating power charges.
Solution: Make a setup: Blade vortex + Power charge on crit + Increased Duration + (Spell Echo).
This allow us to remove Blade Vortex from our setup and use another gem. This is especially useful for bosses, mainly Uber Atziri, just a few extra clicks for reliable power charge and flask charge generation. For maps, we don't really need to use BV since we one shot everything anyways and gain power charges from Assassin's Mark.
This also means we need 1 less green socket in out chest, which means we can go for a 700+ ES Vaal Regalia with 4G instead of a 500 ES Carnal Armour with 5G.

4. Suggested optimal gem setup: Cyclone + CoC + Bladefall + Ethereal Knives + Increased Crit Strikes + Crit Damage.
Blade Vortex moved to standalone setup as mentioned previously. Ethereal Knives is the biggest damage increase (calculations shown on this guide). Finally, Crit damage seems to be the only gem which efficiently scales both our spells. Controlled Destruction is detrimental to the build as it reduced crit from both the attack and the spells.

Overall (rough estimates from the top of my head):
- Around 85% More damage (roughly 50% from Vulnerability and 25% from Crit Damage gem, 1.5 * 1.25 = 1.875)
- Around 1200 More Energy Shield
- Reliable Mana Sustain
- Reliable Power charge generation vs bosses

That's what i was using + the unique jewel that gives block and spellblock, can't remember the name :( Had 74/75 block with this setup + rathpith and 29/15 rumis. You can get 75/75 if you buy the jewel with perfect roll and 30% rumis

Also, i found bv to be stronger than inc crit dmg gem for uber,core and dareso. For the rest of the content tho i agree that it isnt really needed.
Last edited by skoupidi on Jul 19, 2016, 4:13:58 PM
Yeah, getting +1 curse on an amulet is the dream

I still use Blade Vortex, its just in a seperate setup as I mentioned.
So you actually get 1 free extra gem which is Crit Damage for the cost of self casting Blade Vortex a couple of times against bosses. It costs no mana since I use 2x Elreon Jewellery.

Killed Uber Atziri succesfully with the setup

Can safely say I have much more damage than the original setup.
Last edited by Bloodmatter on Jul 24, 2016, 12:14:35 AM
^^ well some are going for glacial cascade which might be a good alternative to bv (ive seen it in barrage builds), since it hits many times, i have a 5g1b shavs (not gonna rechrome:D so im thinking of maybe trying void manipulation dont know really. I did find my bv stacks never seemed very high when i was playing in 2.2.
Great build. Got uber down in phc. My gear and tree if anyone wants to check https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1705348

Was not using poison because hard to fit all flasks in that I want (now I dont need immune to freeze/shock flasks). Propably gonna respec to poison too and maybe lowlife version. Not gonna try get 5green shavs, so propably gonna use inc aoe/conc or even glacial cascade. Not sure.
Thanks for the Build dear op as well as Naishatte for is LL Version,

Although i didn't go poison route due to damage is never a problem with this spec and spent some other points here and there and not in line with Naishatte's Amu choice, (maybe just too poor for better gloves/helm), as well as the flask choice is better and you don't need Magnaete belt, although i still use it on uber.

i tried both normal/LL versions for some time now in prophecy, my resume is LL does more Damage and shattering is insane for clear speed, but only 9k Es hurts if you don't wanna play really carefully or spent much currency on rerolling maps.

For core LL is generally better cause you melt him that fast that its just insane :)

Another point is that you can fit nearly no IIQ/IIR in the LL setup what hurts a bit as i played the "normal" version with 2 decent ventor while still having ~11k es.

I can't decide what's the better version, but especially for leveling i will go back to normal version due to its insane high es pool,pretty sure can reach 12-13k.

"
I did find my bv stacks never seemed very high when i was playing in 2.2.

single target you can stack easy up to 30 , i remember even reaching 46 once at uber.

"
Can safely say I have much more damage than the original setup

it's mentioned a few times that ek outperforms bladevortex, but bladevoertex is just insane for flaskcharge generation what isn't a problem while mapping but at single target you can get trouble with ek. prolly best atm is tripple coc with bv/EK/BF.

Ty for all the input i got from this thread

Have Fun
Cheers
Xentos
So thx for the guide, i made my first Uber ever with your Build was pretty intense

need it to refill at trio ones and died 4 ttime in split ( not to reflect, just couldnt dodge a few times in time )

Spoiler

My Gear

for Boss Swap

30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Aug 5, 2016, 9:39:26 AM
Alright, can you explain how to even remotely reach that damage in your pictures?

I went a life variant and at 67 I only have 1/6th of your tool tip.

Once I hit 80 I'll check in again but am very unconvinced I'll be even close to half your dmg by then.
Don't underestimate gem levels, especially for caster spells.
His tooltip is inflated due to Atziri's Promise and Controlled Destruction

Also, why are you going Life Based? I don't think its possible to reach a decent life pool on that side of the tree. The "Energy Shield gear is too expensive" excuse is a myth, The only ES gear that should cost more than Life is the shield and helm, which are still < 1 ex apiece.

Last edited by Bloodmatter on Aug 7, 2016, 3:17:36 PM
"
Bloodmatter wrote:
Don't underestimate gem levels, especially for caster spells.
His tooltip is inflated due to Atziri's Promise and Controlled Destruction

Also, why are you going Life Based? I don't think its possible to reach a decent life pool on that side of the tree. The "Energy Shield gear is too expensive" excuse is a myth, The only ES gear that should cost more than Life is the shield and helm, which are still < 1 ex apiece.

Do you know if he has Charges up? I invested way more into crit and I actually have less than him even with a high crit dagger and no controlled destruction on.

I went life due to a small problem I have with noticing it. For the life of me I cannot notice when I am dying using an ES build. Might just not be used to looking at ES.
OP

can you explain why you took projectile nodes near ranger start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info