2.3 Pathfinder - CoC Blocker 9.5k ES 71% block 75% Spell block Uber/Core Viable [Videos inside]

"
Nicol wrote:
Did a little thinking on the passive tree, to see if I could switch to heretic's veil + an additional curse. Here's what I came up with:

poeurl.com/BOq

In total I lose 7% increased ES, 16% attack speed (this honestly probably isn't worth it, spending an additional 2 points to get 16% ias seems completely worth doing), 10 str (won't matter if I can get a heavy belt), and 16% spell dmg. I gain a curse, 1 max lightning res, and enough reduced reserve to still work I hope (130 unreserved mana). I could gain back the attack speed by spending 2 points, so that means I'd lose another 22% es to get the same number of points (this is an 89 tree). I think losing that much %ES could maybe be okay, not sure.

This build is definitely suitable to running 3 curses, earlier in the comment section there is a "mini" guide on how to run it, around page 12 i think.
"
Calgus wrote:
Tried Uber today and got her to 50% even though I wasted 3 portals getting to her. I feel it'll be fairly do'able on my 2nd go.

One thing I've been struggling with is how to avoid having the bladefall hit the reflect add on the split phase, which instantly 1-shots me. I can usually pick out the one holding the fire (flameblast add) and pew pew her, but it seems that the bladefall sometimes hits the reflect add, depending on how they split.

To get around this, do you guys run conc effect instead of controlled destruction?

If u can sustain conc effect on ur cyclone it could help, i always try to aim for the opposite side of the mirror, so if mirror is northeast, u hit southwest split etc.
I managed to get the build In a sweet spot as LL,even did managed to do Uber w/o skyforth. I did just chance a pair these days tho but I cannot use due to some problems.

Main problems:

1).Can't get high amount of ES due to so many uniques with low ES(Skyforth/Shavs/Rathpit).
2).Huge resistance problems,at the moment I can swap out my rainbow striders for Skyforth but then I will have uncapped spell block.If I switch to +1 curse Stone of Lawzar amulet I have to drop my High ES+STR+Resistances amulet which would make me loose the ability to run Immortal Call,lvl 21 Blood Magic and be uncapped resistances. I would need Tri rez T1-T2 helmet & Gloves with Huge amount of ES to cap it.

Things I would consider:

Dropping Rathpith for High ES+Res shield and be a bit uncapped spell block but end up having higher ES and fix the resistance problems while having double curse.

Final Notes: I can totally see CI be a better option to LL unless you have Mirror Worthy Helmet/Gloves & Ring to cap resistances while running all the uniques needed for it. I might change to CI these days If I will keep playing.
Last edited by arphenlive on Apr 11, 2016, 5:13:20 AM
"
arphenlive wrote:
I managed to get the build In a sweet spot as LL,even did managed to do Uber w/o skyforth. I did just chance a pair these days tho but I cannot use due to some problems.

Main problems:

1).Can't get high amount of ES due to so many uniques with low ES(Skyforth/Shavs/Rathpit).
2).Huge resistance problems,at the moment I can swap out my rainbow striders for Skyforth but then I will have uncapped spell block.If I switch to +1 curse Stone of Lawzar amulet I have to drop my High ES+STR+Resistances amulet which would make me loose the ability to run Immortal Call,lvl 21 Blood Magic and be uncapped resistances. I would need Tri rez T1-T2 helmet & Gloves with Huge amount of ES to cap it.

Things I would consider:

Dropping Rathpith for High ES+Res shield and be a bit uncapped spell block but end up having higher ES and fix the resistance problems while having double curse.

Final Notes: I can totally see CI be a better option to LL unless you have Mirror Worthy Helmet/Gloves & Ring to cap resistances while running all the uniques needed for it. I might change to CI these days If I will keep playing.

The build definitely has a lot of variety to it and can be done in many ways, just gotta find that sweet spot that suits you well :)
"
Dropping Rathpith for High ES+Res shield and be a bit uncapped spell block but end up having higher ES and fix the resistance problems while having double curse

You may consider using

with that I´m at 70/72.

Capping resis shouldn't be a big deal if you go for one high res ring and gloves both around 1-2 ex. The real problem is getting chaos up so using mings heart will force you to have no diamand ring as you need 2nd ring to cap resis.

Besides all the problems is the question for what you need low life ? Running hatred is 33% more dps but loosing

along with a high dps offhand

will result in equal dps with fewer problems to solve and more points to spent

I'm at 9.9k Tooltip Dps unbuffed along with 10.5k Es while resis are capped

Cheers
Xentos
Last edited by Xentos78 on Apr 11, 2016, 5:41:49 AM
"
Xentos78 wrote:
"
Dropping Rathpith for High ES+Res shield and be a bit uncapped spell block but end up having higher ES and fix the resistance problems while having double curse

You may consider using

with that I´m at 70/72.

Capping resis shouldn't be a big deal if you go for one high res ring and gloves both around 1-2 ex. The real problem is getting chaos up so using mings heart will force you to have no diamand ring as you need 2nd ring to cap resis.

Besides all the problems is the question for what you need low life ? Running hatred is 33% more dps but loosing

along with a high dps offhand

will result in equal dps with fewer problems to solve and more points to spent

I'm at 9.9k Tooltip Dps unbuffed along with 10.5k Es while resis are capped

Cheers
Xentos

I went Low Life for Pain Attunement,Haste or Hatred And Double Curse,While still having Arctic Armor+Discipline.

I was considering running that jewel just need a few more levels to grab another socket.

About those gloves,I'd rather not use them since I need high ES (200+) gloves with tri res or double res+attack speed.You don't need the crit since you have 100% with power charges and diamond flask.
Last edited by arphenlive on Apr 11, 2016, 6:13:11 AM
"
About those gloves,I'd rather not use them since I need high ES (200+) gloves with tri res or double res+attack speed.You don't need the crit since you have 100% with power charges and diamond flask.

I know that you would need high Es/res Gloves but i pointed what you lose for going low life

So first of you are never @ 100 % Crit chance refering to

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/437505

and you get 30% additional chaos damage at least while mapping constantly up

and the 40+ crit multi is also very nice for me i very well fitting item to this build (except for uber)

Have Fun
Haven't played much over the weekend but go to the stage where i could equip all my good gear and holy shit this build is the most fun i had since oldskool blender :P

thanks for guide and build OP!

and here's my setup (slightly different then yours):

Spoiler
This world is an illusion, Exile!
Amazing build mate!
I was playing a life based build until I find this thread... so last night I bought 6L vaal regalia... still have to make some gear changes, run out of time...
Anyway I think 6L ES Atziri Splendour with 700ES will be better than the one i get, just 100 mana on kill + resistances.

My Gear:
Spoiler

I have to find new rings, helmet and one great flask. At the moment I have 7000ES with discipline at level 13. I already have the same ES passive points than OP, 198% increased ES from the tree, damn hard work ahead.

EDIT: With new rings and helmet I reach 8600 ES, Still need more level on discipline but i will get there soon:
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Last edited by diegodgo87 on Apr 11, 2016, 10:15:15 PM
Honestly, to those saying "Vaal Regalia", IMO, there's a much more underrated armor you may want to use--Atziri's Splendor, or go shopping for a high ES green/blue armor, if you're sticking with CI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info