{3.0} Necronomicon / Raise Spectre Monster Info...[The Unofficial Minion Wiki]

Tentacle Miscreation are very squishy, combine that with them needing to stand still for an extended period to attack means they waste a lot of DPS after killing something, and also get killed quite easily.

They are certainly a fun monster to use though.

As for chieftain, you could use The Covenant. Thats what i used as my early game armour this time around and its actually pretty sweet. BM works nicely with Spectres and you get a free L15 added chaos damage, which is great when your average gem level is about 10.

Personally i'd just stick with flame sents though. or undying incinerators for low/mid level maps once you have the 100% life/dmg ascendancy. they arent as squishy as tenticles but not as robust as sents either. Their fire bombs do work great in breachs though.
"
Asmosis wrote:
Tentacle Miscreation are very squishy, combine that with them needing to stand still for an extended period to attack means they waste a lot of DPS after killing something, and also get killed quite easily.

They are certainly a fun monster to use though.

As for chieftain, you could use The Covenant. Thats what i used as my early game armour this time around and its actually pretty sweet. BM works nicely with Spectres and you get a free L15 added chaos damage, which is great when your average gem level is about 10.

Personally i'd just stick with flame sents though. or undying incinerators for low/mid level maps once you have the 100% life/dmg ascendancy. they arent as squishy as tenticles but not as robust as sents either. Their fire bombs do work great in breachs though.

Thanks alot for your help. I can see the point of them standing still and firing when stuff is killed. Anyway i think they are still better as others which are in the list (like knitted horror for example). Or am i wrong there, and i should use knitted horros?

I dont want to use fire spectres, i really want them to deal phys damage, for synergy with Vis Mortis (30% more phys damage as chaos, for 10 sec after kill), spirit offering (another 30% as chaos) and Baron (strengh applies to minions->increased phys damage (maybe need iron grip if minion is ranged though)) and severed in sleep (or united in dream) poison. For endgame bosses i plan on using wither totem too, for more poison damage.

Zombies so far are ok, but they lack the clearspeed imho, so im searching for a spectre that helps with clearspeed, while still synergising with all the phys/chaos stuff i have.

Can you advise any better spectres for this purpose on my setup? Or will flame sentinels still beat any phys spectre, even if i dont have much to synergise with em?
"
Mathorg wrote:
Can you advise any better spectres for this purpose on my setup? Or will flame sentinels still beat any phys spectre, even if i dont have much to synergise with em?

Slashed Miscreations and Undying Evangelists are the most viable physical spectres. In terms of clear speed, compared to Flame Sentinels, they are noticably slower. Not because of lacking damage, but because they cannot apply it as readily and their effective range is very restricted.
"
Hercanic wrote:

Slashed Miscreations and Undying Evangelists are the most viable physical spectres. In terms of clear speed, compared to Flame Sentinels, they are noticably slower. Not because of lacking damage, but because they cannot apply it as readily and their effective range is very restricted.

There are 2 reasons i dont like the slashed Miscreations:
1: They are annoying as hell to get
2: They are melee and suffer from the extrem low movement speed cap, as all melee specters do

Havent really tried Evangelists, but they are casters. Does stuff like Offering and Hatred effect theis spells too?
delete... wrong question... :D
Sorry, my english is not nativ! ;-)
Last edited by Percles on Mar 11, 2017, 3:19:58 PM
"
Mathorg wrote:
Havent really tried Evangelists, but they are casters. Does stuff like Offering and Hatred effect theis spells too?

Their AOE spell deals pure physical damage, so yes on both.
Knitted horrors just deal massive damage when they hit (iirc the hardest hitting monster we can use) and cause bleed i think, which is something i've been thinking about today.

With the two jewels, zombies use their AoE attacks quite frequently, enough so that concentrated effect would be viable for them.

What i've been thinking is moving spectre to 4 slot (since they clear trash fine with 4-Link) and moving zombies to the 6-Link because i'm struggling a bit with single target DPS atm. I'd love to use bloodlust with them, but would need some way to ensure my spectres lay down bleed.

Consider:
RZ - minDmg(49%) - meleeDmg(49%) - Bloodlust(59%) - ConcEffect(64%) - empower (or minion speed, zombies arent capped right only spectres?)

Vulnerability is also a 'more dmg' multiplier for them in several ways. Although it says 'increased dmg' its multiplicative with increased dmg on minions so is effectively ~60% more melee damage (20/20 is 39% +50% curse effect), plus 50% more damage from poison/bleed combined with temp chains which makes poison/bleed stacks last 60% longer.

I'd still keep enfeeble+temp chains, so vuln would be 3rd curse choice if i ever get the option :p

I took a brief look at how to get 1k str for The Baron, but it looks like you need to sacrifice basically all your gear for it. You can get up to +40% str from amulet, boots and two labyrinth jewels. That still means you need a base just over 700 str. 100 from gloves, ~90 max from rings/belt still leaves a pretty big gap.
Last edited by Asmosis on Mar 11, 2017, 5:06:23 PM
That sound pretty intresting.
How are you planning ot summon Knitted Horror on high level? I think they cant be summoned with consecrated ground?

Let me know how it goes, once im done with all trials i will switch my summoner to party legacy and try that too. But need to find that damn last uber trial b4 :P (i want to keep 1 char in SSF, so i cant take atlas/trials with me).
well thats the problem, so i'm thinking i need a different spectre that can be desecrated.

I also wont have the gear setup for it for quite a while, just got my 5L shavs so need to upgrade that, get severed in sleep/dream and the empower gem is a long way off.

I might be better dropping the bleed idea and just going with void manipulation, since sents are sooo much better for clearing trash.

It's more of a "for fun" project later on in the league. maybe swap bloodlust for voip mainp and drop melee damage for raise spectre for dual 5 link with evangelists.
Last edited by Asmosis on Mar 11, 2017, 6:39:53 PM
Why did you remove the links for each spectre? That was really helpful.

Also, is elemental focus better than controlled destruction for fire curtains and fire goatmen spectres?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info