[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

I tried this build on my old ice trapper tonight and it is big damage but very squishy!

I love it :D What would you run in a 5l setup ?
i would drop void manipulation

-ice trap 20/20 (its ~25c tsc)
-elemental focus
-trap dmg
-cluster traps
-controlled destruction

i still think that its not so squishy with all my defence mechanics..

i dont run around because i know i wont die.
monsters can't one shot me even with +100% dmg and when someone hits me phasing, immortal call and blind turn on! so its almost impossible to be hit twice in a row

ill post videos t14-15 maps soon

for HC u need more life investment but the dmg is super high so u can do that :)
Last edited by obojetnecotujest on Mar 15, 2016, 9:59:30 AM
"
sikker wrote:
This build seems to be seriously lacking in life nodes. How is Survivability - especially in higher level maps?

Could always drop 1 Consuming and pick up a Bino's ran almost identical build last league as a poison stormer; that way the bino's creates a spread of damage to a larger radius and also you instantly heal due to everything dieing close to you.

Mind you; then chest you will need to run a fire mantle which means you would be running at 75% poison instead of 100%, but your Survivability would sky rocket.

Combine the Bino's with Consuming and then polish it off with an abyssal cry and you make up for damage lost and greatly improve your ability to survive.

My two cents worth from experience as a fire storm trapper.
Last edited by Xedxp on Mar 15, 2016, 10:35:11 AM
Played Firestorm-Trap the last league and with the new Ice-Trap i see a benefit in mapping.

Im Running a lightly different tree.

Running around with Ice Trap for Mapping, but switching to Trap + Firestorm for hard bosses.
(it deals TONS of more dmg)

my tree looks like:

Running 3 Auras:
Anger + AA + Temp Chains

With Carcass and ES Helmet, its no problem to sustain the manacosts with EB.
Last edited by Nyurael on Mar 15, 2016, 10:45:08 AM
with mantle and binos u would have less dmg, less aoe and spell dmg would cause 2x dmg, am i wrong?

u can easily get to ranger life nodes, get an additional jewel close to acrobatics and life nodes between shadow and witch (3+3+3+6). Or it is possible to go ES
"
Nyurael wrote:
Played Firestorm-Trap the last league and with the new Ice-Trap i see a benefit in mapping.

Running around with Ice Trap for Mapping, but switching to Trap + Firestorm for hard bosses.

my tree looks like:

Running 3 Auras:
Anger + AA + Temp Chains

trap has high cooldown and firestorm is hard for fast bosses... additional advantage of this build is that u dont need to switch gems
"
"
Nyurael wrote:

my tree looks like:

Running 3 Auras:
Anger + AA + Temp Chains

trap has high cooldown and firestorm is hard for fast bosses... additional advantage of this build is that u dont need to switch gems

I take firestorm trap just for a few bosses.
uber is one of them (downing her and the split with 2-3 traps in ~3 sec)
same with trio (ice trap = kiting for 2-3 min / firestorm is standing 30sec and all are down)
(its also possible without switching, but its so much easier with firestorm)

I also have 5400 life and good defences with AA + Temp Chains.

All other bosses i kill with Ice Trap, and its also much faster for mapping
Last edited by Nyurael on Mar 15, 2016, 10:58:14 AM
"
KisBali wrote:
"
renroval wrote:
"
sikker wrote:
This build seems to be seriously lacking in life nodes. How is survivability - especially in higher level maps?

You can drop some damage nodes since you don't really need more damage and get more life nodes. You can get rid high explosives as that does nothing for us since we do chaos damage. And there is really no need to stack partial crit chance nodes. Also do note, you can then get elemental overload.

I'm running a similar build and I have 4999 life currently and I still have life nodes to take...and I'm using Tabula Rasa. Up to you to decide more damage or more life XD

Could u link your tree pls?

///
Also your build is fine, uber atziri viable but not hc. It needs lot more extra surv.

Your playstile also needs some practice you stand in a place a lot you have to run more with trapper, that's kind of a key. Just watch streams like Pohx or ProjectPT how much they run around.

This is my current tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAQHBLMFtQceDkgRLxGWFm8Wvxo4Gmwb4B8CI_YkqiaVJy8rCi0fMHEwfDLRM3g2PTbFNuk6QjpYOtg8BT1fRUdJUUt4TLNNklFHUlNUR1VLVcZWSFb6XfJh4mJPYqxkqmdOajZqQ2qMaxdsjG93cFF2b36wfyt_xoIegpuD24w2jX2Nv4_6kA2QVZUglS6XlZf0mjubhp2qna6exJ_foHmiAKKjotmmvqcIsNi0xbVIt3W86sBUwGbB88LsyBTJBtQj2CTYVNsL2-fdqONq5zrrY-vu7BjsOO4V73zwH_DV9W_2n_fB?accountName=renroval&characterName=ArtOfPockets

I took Elemental Overload so I didn't have to invest in crit and instead more survivability. This build is currently for level 88. At level 91, you should have about 212% life so it shouldn't be hard to get about 5.5k life with the right items.

I don't think crit is worth it. You do enough damage and taking only a couple of crit nodes and crit multi I believe is less effective than just using Elemental Overload. I also have about 17k+ evasion with Jade Flask. You can also use Bismuth flasks for the damage reduction.
Last edited by renroval on Mar 15, 2016, 11:53:21 AM
I love this build but the mana is killing me. only have enough to use one trap before I need to use flask to get mana and it's really frustrating. will probably try the EB setup but i'm gonna need a lot more skill points to get there
How did you spend ascendancy points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info