[2.2] 160k dps - 8k hp - 8 end charge -2curse- 95%crit - EQ (not another boring champion marohi EQ)

"
This might be a really dumb question, so sorry for that. But how exactly do you knock enemies back do generate the power charge from the staff effect?

Thanks.

its a passive node in the staff cluster underneath +1 curse at the top of three. when i have crit strikes in my setup and max power charges im overcapped on crit 95%+
"
wtf why does you abyssus have 220% melee crit multi ?

crit multi got changed
whats your bandit quests ?
not picking up any jewels at all? That seems pretty bad... I wanted to play heges this season, but your tree seems clunky
"
not picking up any jewels at all? That seems pretty bad... I wanted to play heges this season, but your tree seems clunky

i will be taking jewels, but i always make tree's without them. then see the payoff for taking 2 points from the tree, and compare it to what i gain from the jewel.
Thing is nearly all of your epeen tooltip numbers are from exploiting attack speed, which moderately helps EQ dps but it's not the same as actually increasing your direct base damage. Adding 1-4 physical damage is far more effective than adding 5% attack speed but the AS is going to shoot the EQ tooltip far higher.

Looking at your actual damage values, you hit about as hard as a Marohi with a 20k tooltip. You may have more metee attacks between aftershocks but like others have pointed out, you may as well hook up another attack gem.

What are your defenses like? Armor, evasion, resists. They can't be that high. You can get around 50% phys dmg reduction, 20% evasion, capped resists, and run LC with a Marohi.

This build feels very tooltipy. Like you just threw together stuff just to up your tooltip but don't actually have any math on what hits harder. The spirit of EQ is that you lay down a shot and blow up everything in the area. Not whacking enemies at the speed of light till they die lol.

My EQ with Marohi hits probably twice as hard as yours and its tooltip is only 40k. I can tank nearly anything and don't at all rely on charges. If I've got them awesome if not no big deal. You will never get full charges on most bossss. That's just the nature of charged builds.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Thing is nearly all of your epeen tooltip numbers are from exploiting attack speed, which moderately helps EQ dps but it's not the same as actually increasing your direct base damage. Adding 1-4 physical damage is far more effective than adding 5% attack speed but the AS is going to shoot the EQ tooltip far higher.

Looking at your actual damage values, you hit about as hard as a Marohi with a 20k tooltip. You may have more metee attacks between aftershocks but like others have pointed out, you may as well hook up another attack gem.

What are your defenses like? Armor, evasion, resists. They can't be that high. You can get around 50% phys dmg reduction, 20% evasion, capped resists, and run LC with a Marohi.

This build feels very tooltipy. Like you just threw together stuff just to up your tooltip but don't actually have any math on what hits harder. The spirit of EQ is that you lay down a shot and blow up everything in the area. Not whacking enemies at the speed of light till they die lol.

My EQ with Marohi hits probably twice as hard as yours and its tooltip is only 40k. I can tank nearly anything and don't at all rely on charges. If I've got them awesome if not no big deal. You will never get full charges on most bossss. That's just the nature of charged builds.

but wont his eq crits do 480% more damage because of his crit multi ? or is that factored into the dps?
IGN - Endoplasm
"

i also have a standard marohi EQ'er with a 40k tooltip. and i can tell you the effective damage (not talking about tooltips) is way higher.

Also this build scales SO WELL with the 45% reduced earthquake duration enchant in mind. if you get that enchant with a marohi, you wont actually have enough attack speed to make use of its full potential. regardless my damage is much higher even without the enchant.

Also, nowhere in my passive tree do i actually take attack speed unless its to path somewhere.

also, i hit much harder than a marohi if you're talking about the aftershock because 95% of the time it crits.

defense wise, 8 endurance charges / artic armour / enfeeble/ temp chains / 8% ele reduction 20-30block from staves / fortify. im never not at full endurance charges, except the first 10 seconds of a boss fight

standard marohi doesnt run artic armour, doesnt have the double defensive curse option, doesnt have 8% ele reduction, has no block and you can also run LC with this build.

also, this build is not charge reliant. without my 8 endurance charges i have just as much if not more defense than standard marohi, which is irrelevant anyway since the charges are always up and im always ready for a 5 second immortal call. most of the times if my immortal call goes off, i have 8 endurance charges again before it has run out.
Last edited by scott4040 on Mar 14, 2016, 1:49:39 AM
"

this is simply false. lol you say i simply "threw the build together with no maths" but you have done none yourself.

so far im yet to reach a map tier high enough (im up to t12 atm) where 1 initial hit of EQ doesn't one shot most packs before the aftershock even goes off. ive never made a video before or recorded gameplay so i have to figure that out before i make a video this week unfortunately, hopefully im in t13/14 by then
Last edited by scott4040 on Mar 14, 2016, 1:51:42 AM
"
scott4040 wrote:
"
Looking at your actual damage values, you hit about as hard as a Marohi with a 20k tooltip. You may have more melee attacks between aftershocks but like others have pointed out, you may as well hook up another attack gem.

this is simply false. lol you say i simply "threw the build together with no maths" but you have done none yourself.

I have. I know how much you hit for and I know how much I hit for. And I know that if I moved over 6 nodes and took off RT, I'd hit just as hard as you do with a conservative 50% Crit Strike Chance and a 230% Crit Strike Multiplier. This of course means running Abyssus. But as was pointed out, there's no way you're running Abyssus at top tier maps with heavy mods. You are going to get one-shotted even with 8k HP. The moment you take it off, your DPS falls right in line with my Marohi, non-crit build if I took the helmet off too.

Effectively, all you've done is swap in Abyssus. Literally. You get the same effect from building around Windscream's for the dual curse, moving 4 nodes into DPS (like taking Martial Experience which would net you back more than losing Abyssus gains) and losing that ridiculous debuff of taking 50% more phys damage. Now you can also get life back on your helmet. Win win. To me, that seems way better than building around Abyssus.

So yeah, I've done the math and don't really see why your crit build is miles better than a Marohi non-crit. If anything, it's the same DPS but to get that, you sacrificed lots of defense and have made it really high maintenance by adding the need for lots of charges.

Like I said, the only reason you're seeing these crazy tooltip numbers are because of the attack speed. For raw damage, you do the same as a non-crit with comparable gear. They just don't have that flashy tooltip like your build.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info