[2.2, Theorycraft] Elementalist, Lightning Caster Build with MoD, 60+ Penetration

"
Elementalist
- Pendulum of Destruction
- Mastermind of Discord
- Golem Buff

Tree
- MoM
- Elemental Overload

Gear
- Pyre, Call of teh Bruderhood
- Pledge of Hands
- Kaoms

Skill
- any lightning skill

I mean, 60+ penetration + the options on fire damage and lightning damage to skill in the tree+ gear (Kaoms also got 30-50%). Its sick.

What you want more ? I mean, it iterally SCREAMS for this build. ITERALLY!

You know what? Ill just post this idea in the witch section. I cant do it atm, since my other char is too strong and fun ;)

Passive:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQ6QKPpv6zRKtXK1WuvYIsnG0ZEFgFQhEtCPSHZXYRQZZ8g8BUrrPQ9evuvOpqQ0yzpwgc3JrghTLQH52u2CSPRriTjxpFne_rGmwDdYVtVkgdFCj6U1I7DTbp5CKRK9WBr42CxxEPJKrVplh3JNj56H6vrJgWb-08XwRBh40Z8Ww6WONqmju3PuASNthVxuFzgpv-CtlfSRuD26IA7DjyRdi93YwqjfAfBLOFezrYOuE1kuxVwGZmVCcvplf-j5RvkFVN43IPGjhxhVcpRtcTcV6lWK4=

Note: This tree is coming from the 2.2 passive tree planer! It wont work as a link!

Enjoy!
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 12, 2016, 6:21:25 AM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2016, 11:10:49 AM
Very interesting idea, do you know if Snowforged and Storm Weaver (the cold/fire and cold/lightning) nodes on the tree will apply twice with conversion? It seems like they would, but I know it doesn't work for Evasion/Armor nodes with Iron Reflexes.
They do. But keep in mind that you only converted 50% of light to cold. This means, that 20% cold damage are around 10% fire or lightning damage worth.

I am planning something like this with my storm caller witch. But i would use two times call of the brotherhood, also pyre an call of the brotherhood is a cheaper alternative.
But you do not get anything special from pyre except the corpse destruction.
And more important like you said the cheap version only convert 50% to cold, so also the damage bonus to cold is only aplied to 50%.
In the end you only deal fire damage, and yeah it is cheaper.

As auras i think wrath and disciplin would be good and i would use a fire golem. But I don´t know what would happen if you take the golem mace (clay something) and use a fire and a ice golem.
Lighning
50 % Avatar of Fire = Fire
50 % Call Of the Brotherhood = Cold

Cold
50 % Avatr of Fire = Fire
50 % Cold to Fire Gem = Fire

Take Quatlity Gem for extra Dmg on Cold to Fire or use Pyre.

Dmg Scaling:

50% Fire + Lighning + Elemental
50% Fire + Cold + Lighning + Elemental
Nothing counts double
Last edited by Yiihaa on Mar 13, 2016, 7:00:01 PM
"
Yiihaa wrote:
Lighning
50 % Avatar of Fire = Fire
50 % Call Of the Brotherhood = Cold

Cold
50 % Avatr of Fire = Fire
50 % Cold to Fire Gem = Fire

Take Quatlity Gem for extra Dmg on Cold to Fire or use Pyre.

Dmg Scaling:

50% Fire + Lighning + Elemental
50% Fire + Cold + Lighning + Elemental
Nothing counts double

That is for the cheap version.

With two Call of Brotherhood it is 100 % Lightning to Cold.

With Avatar of Fire and cold to fire and it then goes 100 % cold to fire + the damage bonus from cold to fire on the 100%.

I would still use orb of storm for support and cursing, also that only deals ~75% of damage.

Edit: just rethinking it. In the first step of conversion you have 100% lightning to cold and 50% lightning to fire so 66 % cold and 33 % fire. Then in the second step it is 33 % cold to fire by gem and 33 % by avatar. Am i wrong?

Edit2: So to make it clear the damage bonus you get from the conversion cold to fire is applied to 50% in the cheap version versus 66.6% in the expensive version. So either one 40 c and one 1 alch ring versus two 40 c rings. OK the cheaper version wins. The expensive one may be a nice thing for a hierophant that uses storm orb and frost bomb with a lightning skill.
Last edited by griffinzero on Mar 14, 2016, 2:48:27 AM
The more important question is:

Do you want to loose a gem slot over a ring slot ?

From a min/max point of view, i think loosing the ringslot is better.

6L - Skill - Faster Casting - Penetration - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus
// InCAoe, LL for Stormcall, Added Light, LL for Arc
7L with Pledge adds then Spell Echo.

So, yea i would rather waste the ring slot, then the gemslot.

@ Yihaa
Im not saying something counts double. I just saying, if the passive nodes includes 2 damage mods to 2 different elements, both will count.

100% Light

50% to fire with AoF
50% to cold with CofB
100% Cold to Fire with Pyre.

Essentially it means:

Base_light_dmg*(1 + [incresed_Spelldmg + increased_elemental_dmg + increased_fire_dmg + increased_light_damage + 0.5*increased_cold_damage]/100)

Thats so much damage you can add, you are completly fine with using just the witch area, templar one and the scion life wheel without going to a third one.

Guys,

im doing this build right now and really dont understand why you want to use pyre, since the 50% of cold damage converted from lightning is already converted to fire, use just cold to fire and you have already converted everything with AoF and CotB.

My current tree at level 66:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjBLMFQgYOB6UI9AthDF8RLRQgFm8XLxhqGS4aPhvxHKcdFCSqJ-0pLiycMtE26TwFPC09X0GWRUdFnUmyTItMs1JTU1JTpVXWVkhXDVgHXz9k52jyakNtGXgvfIN8uHzlfseApIIQgpuDX49GkPqXlZf0mjua4Juhna6f36IApwius69sr43AVMBmxPbGrtR81abYJNlh323fsONq5Yvr7u087w7vS-988B_xrPIv-tI=?accountName=dawe45&characterName=TelarionXXXIII
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 14, 2016, 8:03:05 AM
"
dawe45 wrote:
Guys,

im doing this build right now and really dont understand why you want to use pyre, since the 50% of cold damage converted from lightning is already converted to fire, use just cold to fire and you have already converted everything with AoF and CotB.

My current tree at level 66:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjBLMFQgYOB6UI9AthDF8RLRQgFm8XLxhqGS4aPhvxHKcdFCSqJ-0pLiycMtE26TwFPC09X0GWRUdFnUmyTItMs1JTU1JTpVXWVkhXDVgHXz9k52jyakNtGXgvfIN8uHzlfseApIIQgpuDX49GkPqXlZf0mjua4Juhna6f36IApwius69sr43AVMBmxPbGrtR81abYJNlh323fsONq5Yvr7u087w7vS-988B_xrPIv-tI=?accountName=dawe45&characterName=TelarionXXXIII

It is not needed but you can either waste one gem slot for cold to fire or one ring slot for pyre. But in case of pyre I wouldn't use Elemental focus because I like to keep the ignite chance, also burning is kind of useless when you have a high direct damage
^
both options are valid.

Im just looking from a DPS point of view. A ring can not offer the amount of defence and utility that a free gemslot can offer you.

If you use Kaom with Pledge, you have 500 Life points. 2 Rings slots with no life are still a netto gain of 250 HP (100 on a regular chest, 75 on both rings), which means you can still use two slots with nice uniques you actually want to build around (i.e Mindspiral and the corresponding boots that give % of damage as mana) some EHP. Just as an example of course =).

Im really curious how it feels playing with -60 penetration. Some reports are welcome @Dawe45 :) (Im not a big curse fan, so really dont know it, lol)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info