[2.2, Theorycraft] Elementalist, Lightning Caster Build with MoD, 60+ Penetration

"
Astarte911 wrote:
^
both options are valid.

Im just looking from a DPS point of view. A ring can not offer the amount of defence and utility that a free gemslot can offer you.

If you use Kaom with Pledge, you have 500 Life points. 2 Rings slots with no life are still a netto gain of 250 HP (100 on a regular chest, 75 on both rings), which means you can still use two slots with nice uniques you actually want to build around (i.e Mindspiral and the corresponding boots that give % of damage as mana) some EHP. Just as an example of course =).

Im really curious how it feels playing with -60 penetration. Some reports are welcome @Dawe45 :) (Im not a big curse fan, so really dont know it, lol)

The main reason i am using cold to fire is that i want to use rise of the phoenix shield and throw righteous fire in the mix (that is why there is a lot life regen alocated in my tree) -> this also goes well with the new mace : Singularity that i am using. Instead of Kaoms i would use carcass jack for better clearspeed.

Btw i am not using flammability. Just Enfeeble + Warlords Mark.

My tooltip average is around 3k at the moment but with fire pen it really feels like much more.

White mobs die after one cast in most cases.

Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 14, 2016, 10:31:14 AM
I have not analyzed everything going on here but I'd like to voice my small observation.

After 2.2 hit I went full paper dps with my lightning/elementalist (my base build was taken from Blackdepps NON-crit arc build) 6L arc with elemental focus gem and orb of storms to shock mobs and call of da bruderhood for cold.
My passive tree is solid +lightning damage, no crit nodes...aside from the usual suspects.

Standing still my paper dps was ~50k. In motion I was pushing 80k with non-crits.

It felt good but something was missing. It didn't feel as strong as it should for that much dps.

I dropped elemental focus gem, implemented frost bomb, added light pen instead of elemental focus, threw in curse on hit with orb of storms to proc frostbite.

My paper dps is ~29k but I can absolutely smash everything. Drop frost bomb wherever I desire , pop orb of storms if needed.

For bosses I drop orb, frost bomb, vaal storm call. KA-BOOM!

Absolutely love the penetration! (That's what she said.)

This thread noted to follow closely. Interested in adding fire into my build.
"
roteleks wrote:
I have not analyzed everything going on here but I'd like to voice my small observation.

After 2.2 hit I went full paper dps with my lightning/elementalist (my base build was taken from Blackdepps NON-crit arc build) 6L arc with elemental focus gem and orb of storms to shock mobs and call of da bruderhood for cold.
My passive tree is solid +lightning damage, no crit nodes...aside from the usual suspects.

Standing still my paper dps was ~50k. In motion I was pushing 80k with non-crits.

It felt good but something was missing. It didn't feel as strong as it should for that much dps.

I dropped elemental focus gem, implemented frost bomb, added light pen instead of elemental focus, threw in curse on hit with orb of storms to proc frostbite.

My paper dps is ~29k but I can absolutely smash everything. Drop frost bomb wherever I desire , pop orb of storms if needed.

For bosses I drop orb, frost bomb, vaal storm call. KA-BOOM!

Absolutely love the penetration! (That's what she said.)

This thread noted to follow closely. Interested in adding fire into my build.

Seems legit :)

But to change your build would need a lot of work in my opinion.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 14, 2016, 1:35:18 PM
Anyway, I have made my own forum post

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618342

@Astarte911 I am happy that I am not the only one who discovered this and I would like to watch your progress with your setup.

Maybe we can compare them in the future :)
Sure thing.

But i just gonna test it in SC or if i die in HC, ill make a new char testing it.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info