[2.2] CI Rain of Arrows Trickster - Chaos Conversion (WIP)

hey, i hope you are still checking in on this build.

i had the same idea to do RoA (i like the skill) and chaos/poison.

i thought i was being so clever and then i went and looked through the old build and found this :-)

one thing i was wondering about related to incandescent heart.

the damage conversion is nice, but if you do the math i think that you will find that a good ev/es armour (nevermind a pure ES armour) will more than make up for the damage conversion provided by incandescent heart.

let's say for example you take a 10k hit of pure elemental.

incandescent heart gives you 25% reduction, and you get your elemental resistance so:

10k * (1-0.75) = 2500

2500 * (1-0.25) = 1875

so the incandescent heart provided a damage reduction of 625.

well... a decent ev/es could provide you with more than that relative to incandescent heart.
it seems though, that the scaling is what might make it better. as the size of the hit goes up, eventually it would over take the additional ES generated by a better ES armour.

so it seems to me that using it, or carcass jack, will give you a lowish ES and therefore make you quite squishy.

the fact is that most ES builds have no defense in particular, and so a really high ES is essential.

i'm doing this build for fun, but it seems to me that darkscorn probably can't take you into t10+ maps. i was wondering how high you were able to get mapping ?
Wow.

I stopped checking this thread thinking that nobody would ever come back here, but it seems I was wrong!

Don't worry, guys. Now that I've seen this, I'll update the build to 2.5 and answer to the questions ASAP. See you soon!
"
plasticeyes wrote:

the damage conversion is nice, but if you do the math i think that you will find that a good ev/es armour (nevermind a pure ES armour) will more than make up for the damage conversion provided by incandescent heart.

so it seems to me that using it, or carcass jack, will give you a lowish ES and therefore make you quite squishy.

the fact is that most ES builds have no defense in particular, and so a really high ES is essential.

i'm doing this build for fun, but it seems to me that darkscorn probably can't take you into t10+ maps. i was wondering how high you were able to get mapping ?

To the point - atm, I strongly believe Incandescent Heart could only be a good choice if you're picking it for thematic purposes (as in "I would like to make a dmg conversion build"). Besides the amount of work it would take to color it right, the ES amount is really low. It wouldn't be terrible, but it's far from BiS. You are right about it.

Carcass Jack, however, might be a good chestpiece to use since this build lacks damage. It is true that most ES builds have low/no defensive mechanics, but this one isn't the case. The recharge is marvelous if you manage to not take damage for 0.93 second (not actually hard) and you have a 25% physical mitigation, so I never aimed for the stupid amounts of ES usual CI builds have. I can settle with 6k, and I think having around 8k would be just amazing. That being said, I'll test using Snakebite and a good ES/EV chestpiece to compensate.

Sadly after some consideration I realized that this build is meant for fun only. I managed to kill Dominus at a tier 9 map (before Atlas) with a couple deaths, because his constant "lightning lady projectile" spells didn't give me time to recharge the ES. I learned much since I made this guide and maybe I could make this work, but the Soul Strike nerf on 2.5 was BRUTAL. But I'll still update it since it's fairly cheap and people like to have fun now and then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info