[2.2]I'm the juggernaut B*TCH! - Tanky 8 Endurance charges Earthquake build

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_ALRzRYi8&feature=youtu.be - Orchard double boss. Facetanked the biggest of the two balls with about 1.5K HP to spare. Excuse the potato quality

Atziri. I died once, because I suck at pot-spamming when I should, since I'm a softcore player at heart, though I involuntarily survived her double flameblast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn1tW7PELe4&feature=youtu.be

Okay, so a few notable achievements as far as tankiness goes

Spoiler
I play in softcore, and died a total of three times(First timw was at 81), two being to the traps in the Lab(Because they ignore tankiness and I play like an idiot when running through them), and once to a Torture chamber boss because, again, poor play and I play in softcore, so I'm not trigger happy on my potions(Because I rarely need them) - Yes, that means this build is hardcore viable.

Facetanked Izaro in Merciless - Have yet to die to him even despite taking most of his damage to the face
Cells boss can't kill you - You outregen his damage 100%
Neither Merciless Voll, Malachai, Kaom or Daresso has a chance in killing you unless you actively let them
The highest tier map done thus far is a Tier 11 Precint map with 78% increased fire damage(I don't have higher tiers, so I haven't been able to experiment) - This was done at level 78
Have done Atziri at level 85. One death because lack of experience with melee builds on her, poor End charge sustain and shitty pot-sustaining.
Death and taxes done deathless multiple times without problem

Pros
Max/Near max phys mitigation
Decent DPS despite tankiness
Not too expensive, but can always improve.
Main skill is AoE as well as single-target - No need for melee splash or secondary skills
Immune to freeze, chill, Temp chains and Vaal rain of arrows(Tested on Village ruin boss). Reduced effect from other slow effects
Can use other AoE skills without respeccing heavily if wanted(Sweep, Cyclone, Ice crash)
Insane HP + HP regen

Cons
Primary skill is semi-slow since we don't get attack speed, making you an easy target
Clear speed is sub-par
Mobility is mediocre
Melee is boring to some

A thing to keep in mind is that this build isn't damage-oriented, and as a result, it might seem lackluster. However, as I mentioned, I have done a T11 map and the damage wasn't as insignificant as it might seem. That being said, I do need a 5L or 6L to do Atziri or T13-T15.

Damage(With Silver flask, Lion's roar, 3 frenzy and 9 End charges, 4L)
http://imgur.com/5YD59P5

Damage(With 9 end charges, 3 frenzy charges, Atziri pot, Lion's roar, 5L)
http://imgur.com/uNM1ZGf

Defense(With just 9 Endurance charges and no flasks. Remove 4% damage mitigation for 8 End charges)
http://imgur.com/uEjyswL

Defense(With 9 End charges, no potions and a new helmet from the previous image)
http://imgur.com/GxLUK7z

Arctic armour damage mitigations are not added in this equation, and will only mitigate when you stand still. The slow effect is the primary reason for it(As well as needing an Enlighten level 4 to run a Blasphemy curse. If I had it, I'd run Enfeeble, Temp chain or Warlord's mark, but it's not an option for me)

The 82% mitigation is at level 82, which is the highest tier map currently available. So when you are running a T15, this is the amount of phys damage you will mitigate whenever you are at full end charges(You could go higher with a better chest. Mine has 1.4K armour)

The entire concept of this build is purely to be as tanky as possible while regening insane amounts of life(610). The stone golem does an absolutely beautiful job with this.

Earthquake is also a pretty solid skill because of its rather massive damage without investing into attack speed at all, allowing us to grab the damage from mace instead. This could be done with an axe, as they gain about the same DPS overall(Axe gains slightly less), but the Marohi erqi's free 5L at the cost of a 4L is budget-friendlier, and Earthquake doesn't gain as much from attack speed as certain other skills.

Some notable attributes on the skill tree(Counting the ascendancy skill tree as well) -

6 endurance charges(7 from Juggernaut ascendancy, 8 from Oak, 9 from a belt corruption)
213% armour
197% life
7.2% Life regen(8.8% with 8 end charges, 9% with 9)
Ignores all movement penalties from armour
Resolute technique
4 jewel sockets
213% Armour + 24% Evasion and Armour
453% total incrased physical damage(Towards mace)
20% increased Area damage, 15% increased radius of area skills
Immune to freeze effects and Temp chains effect, reduced chill, Tar zombie and traps in Labyrinth effect

Skill tree -
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHcBLMFLQbGB3UJlgthDF8S4RQgFHEWuxo4HKchNCFVJyAs-y3SLlM0jjWSOQ464Ts7PAU8LT38QKBBP0F0R35N41BHUeZTpVhjWfNdpF4TXz9lTWebaGVo8mvZbztyqXTtdqx3U3fjeHp5aHrvfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhVKGO4dqiiKMz5BVkc6XeZ7Fnz6iAKLqplepJ6luqZSsqq2Nrj6vbLQvtz677b02vqfAAcAawGbApsEExq7G2M9-02_Yvdlh2Xzawdw93dXkUeoY6wnvDu988B_yQfJF8932SPcy97n46_4K_o8=

Bandits - Oak, Oak, Oak(Alternatively, Oak, Passive, Oak)

For the leveling route, like with all Resolute technique builds, I rushed it. After that, I prioritized life above all else. I played hardcore once, and I haven't stopped praising life like no other even as I am a softcore player at heart. The only life nodes I didn't grab were the ones around the scion life rectangle(I did still grab the notable life node, but nothing else) - At level 83 to 87, I will get them for another 30% life. The jewel sockets were the last thing I grabbed(Excluding the one above the life rectangle, because it's a single point).

Pathing purely towards life allowed me to be a single node away from most damage nodes, and as a result, there was few levels where I only grabbed an attribute point after level 60. It also helped me with never dying(Although I didn't do Malachai, his minions, Kaom or Daresso until level 80, when I had my first death. I could have easily done it earlier, but outside of the challenge, there was no point in risking it)

Everyone always wonders about gear, me included, so here it is
Spoiler

The primary thing to look out for on gear is, in order:
Resistance(Until you are capped)
Life
Attributes - The tree does not offer a ton of dexterity and intelligence, and the minimum requirement for total intelligence you have will be 111 to run a level 20 Concentrated effect.
For Hatred, you'll need 98 dexterity for a level 20 gem.
Bloodrage is not required to max to level 20, and requires 155 dexterity, which is a huge spike compared to the rest, so do keep in mind that if you can't get 155 dexterity, all you'll lose is some minor attack speed and chance to gain a frenzy charge. It's not a massive loss.
Armour
Physical #-# rolls
Use my gear as a refference, not as a requirement to meet.

This gear is not as budget friendly as it was originally, but I did T10 maps with a 4L without much problem. The CoH Leap slam is experimental, so keep this in mind.

If you can fit it in, I'd advise a Lightning coil, Kaom's heart or potentially a belly of the beast for survivability.

For DPS, like with all other AoE builds, the carcass jack is BiS

For links to use...

Marohi Erqi -
Earthquake - Less duration - Melee physical attack - Blood magic - (Concentrated effect) - (Added fire damage)

For Cast When Damage Taken - Molten shell - Summon Stone golem

Blood rage - Increased duration - Blood magic

Leap Slam - Faster attack - Blood magic - Enduring cry

For Auras - Hatred - Herald of ash - Arctic armour

If you get your hands on a 6L and decide to run a Kaom's heart, you will need to 3L two pieces, to make room for Hatred. The things that reserve mana cannot be linked to Blood magic, and as a result, to have enough sockets, you need to remove Molten shell from your CWDT setup and replace it with Hatred(Or any other aura of your choice)

This is my first guide, and as a result, it might seem clunky or unimpressive, but I tried to add in whatever might seem important.

Cost of gear
Marohi Erqi, 5L6S - 1.5Ex. Could probably get cheaper
Helmet - 1C
Chest - 15C(Linked it myself, and a 5L on it is far from required, as Marohi's Conc effect won't benefit from it)
Two-stone ring - 55C
Coral ring - 10C
Belt - 2 Exalts
Amulet - 15 Chaos
Gloves - 10 Chaos
Boots - 25 Chaos

These numbers obviously seem high for a starting league, though the build was originally below an exalt, while still doing decent tier maps.
Last edited by RainbroDasher on Mar 14, 2016, 10:32:34 PM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 12:47:45 PM
Build does very nice doing anything. Survives very well.
could you post a video?
How can you get to 9 endurance charges, you get 3 from the skill tree, 1 from helping Oak in act 3 and 1 from the Juggernaut Ascendancy. This added together equals 8. Where do you get the 9th endurance charge from?
"
D3adP4th7337 wrote:
How can you get to 9 endurance charges, you get 3 from the skill tree, 1 from helping Oak in act 3 and 1 from the Juggernaut Ascendancy. This added together equals 8. Where do you get the 9th endurance charge from?

This was mentioned in the thread - 6 endurance charges(7 from Juggernaut ascendancy, 8 from Oak, 9 from a belt corruption)

The reason I put the number at 8 as the build guide name is because 8 is as many as you'll get normally, without investing into an expensive +1 End charge belt, like the one I currently have equipped on my character
I do not see what this build does that other earthquake builds dont already do. At level 82 without using flasks I hit 30k with a 5 link marohi that has terrible base damage. I started the Chieftan Earthquake tank build and a bunch of people are collaborating on it. When I am in a map I only have to leap and do earthquake. My endurence charges come auto, and my rage comes auto.

To each their own, just giving that option. Most of the time I am 90 or 95% phys reduction. 30k and my movement and speed is fast. I compare this to previous builds i did last league. Just as fast as my 50k bladefall was, and just as fast at my level 90 no crit arc.
"
blankenshiprh wrote:
I do not see what this build does that other earthquake builds dont already do. At level 82 without using flasks I hit 30k with a 5 link marohi that has terrible base damage. I started the Chieftan Earthquake tank build and a bunch of people are collaborating on it. When I am in a map I only have to leap and do earthquake. My endurence charges come auto, and my rage comes auto.

To each their own, just giving that option. Most of the time I am 90 or 95% phys reduction. 30k and my movement and speed is fast. I compare this to previous builds i did last league. Just as fast as my 50k bladefall was, and just as fast at my level 90 no crit arc.

I do hope you know that the DPS picture was with a 4L. With a 5L, I get upwards to 54K damage with pots

Edit: 90% is max, so I don't think your statement holds ground with '95%'. I think that's just a guess on what it's at
Last edited by RainbroDasher on Mar 14, 2016, 8:02:36 PM
How do you figure 54k with a 5 link that requires blood magic?
"
blankenshiprh wrote:
How do you figure 54k with a 5 link that requires blood magic?

This isn't a 'Figures' - I have tried it with a 5L, and I max out at 54K DPS. 33k without pots, which is plenty sustainable. The boss dies before I run out of frenzy charge sustain, excluding Atziri. For Atziri, I pop potions and get to about 44K.

I have about 450% iPD on the tree, as well as about 200 strength from my gear. If you look at my profile, all my jewels also have some form of damage on them(One is even a triple-damage oriented one). Base damage with auras and nothing else is 25K.

And unlike the 30K armour(I get about 24K with Lion's roar), I have permanent 90% damage mitigation through end charges without relying on potions(It shows as about 84% at level 88 since my gear has changed for about 1K more armour since the defense picture was taken, and 82 is 6 levels below, A.K.A 90% at T15 maps).

Edit: Forgot the 72% increased damage from Endurance charges(8% per charge)

If you want proof, this is it - http://imgur.com/uNM1ZGf(Do keep in mind that the Marohi's Inc. AoE adds no damage, so with a 400 pDPS 5L mace, this number would still be the same)
Last edited by RainbroDasher on Mar 14, 2016, 9:46:26 PM
hi i got a question there , is this possible to use endurance charge on mele stun with vengence for not cast endurng cry manualy?
thx.

and nice build im lvl 57 just start merciless in hc perandus and leveling is realy easy and safe dont need to buy bypass boss i can do it my self with 0 stress xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info