[2.2] The Queen of Blades is Dead

Occultist only offers an incredibly small damage boost, 20% ES (40 int from a ring/shield/helm) and 1% ES regen (thats 100 ES a second, incredibly small when we instanty leech thousands).

The reduced chaos aura is also marginal and only affects Force Shapers+Ming's Heart/Atziris Promise Chaos damage. We generally only have 25% of our phys as chaos as a time so it's not really worth scaling that portion compared to 1% global crit base chance which scales everything

Don't underestimate the power and investment of the Assasiin's Crit node - we also get free maim since our Cyclone always crits and power charge on first hits is actually really strong
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
"
Occultist only offers an incredibly small damage boost, 20% ES (40 int from a ring/shield/helm) and 1% ES regen (thats 100 ES a second, incredibly small when we instanty leech thousands).

The reduced chaos aura is also marginal and only affects Force Shapers+Ming's Heart/Atziris Promise Chaos damage. We generally only have 25% of our phys as chaos as a time so it's not really worth scaling that portion compared to 1% global crit base chance which scales everything

Don't underestimate the power and investment of the Assasiin's Crit node - we also get free maim since our Cyclone always crits and power charge on first hits is actually really strong

I actually think in the BiS setup it may be better to go Occultist in the end. Still working on some math for it. (and what an acceptable degen level to sustain while running around the map would be.) Have you checked survival via leech without the 1.5% from berserker? (aka just Warlords essentially)

I got the base for the ring I'll need though -

I have fire res crafted onto it for the moment in PSC as I need to cap out, but eventually the final prefix will be 20% ES from Elreon, and I will eternal exalt lightning res onto it in Standard once leagues merge.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Hello, playing this build for 2 weeks now and totally love it. This is my first season and overall experience in poe and right now im running around with this items but have yet to try the t15 maps and atziri stuff.

Last edited by Schokopudding on Apr 10, 2016, 9:15:35 PM
"
I actually think in the BiS setup it may be better to go Occultist in the end. Still working on some math for it. (and what an acceptable degen level to sustain while running around the map would be.) Have you checked survival via leech without the 1.5% from berserker? (aka just Warlords essentially)

I haven't tested it practically - but against solo boses like daresso relying on Warlords means you only have 1.44% global leech (2.4% thanks to 20% curse effect, reduced to 0.6 because of curses on bosses) - when I was fighting Core Malachai I REALLY wanted as much leech as possible because it was insanely important that I go back to full ES in that fight - I really don't think 1% ES regen is going to help but the 20% ES might (still not as strong as 10% more damage imo) even if you are taking 5% more damage
Been playing this for a while now. Enjoying it immensely.
My current gear:

Crafted a eleron ring because I felt sometimes my mana just didnt keep up.
Last edited by Fr3Drik on Apr 11, 2016, 9:50:47 AM
Anyone tried running the vertex helm in this build? I was thinking of replacing mings with a crit ring and getting the chaos res from the vertex plus can run higher level auras
Haste and Hatred don't really benefit from +1 gems, Discipline does sure, but than you're better off running a 450+ ES helm.
Potential level 5 enlighten? The quality of life!
@Jake
I'm playing in standard with just the leech from the Vinktar's Flask and that's been enough for me thus far (lvl 96 atm), so dropping the berserker leech shouldn't be a problem.
Also you realise there are higher tiers of affixes since you left, right? All those 4 stats on your ring have a tier above it.
"
@Jake
I'm playing in standard with just the leech from the Vinktar's Flask and that's been enough for me thus far (lvl 96 atm), so dropping the berserker leech shouldn't be a problem.
Also you realise there are higher tiers of affixes since you left, right? All those 4 stats on your ring have a tier above it.

hey, yep mana, es and cold res all have a higher tier but we found that on the ground so it's much easier to use that than craft an all new 4 t1 base later on. I checked for mirror rings available (as I prefer just to mirror) but I didn't see anybody with an es/mana/%es /// all res/cold res/lit res ring available atm.

re: Vertex - vertex would be ok, but the helm I'll actually be switching to later on is Heretic's Veil. Wearing heretics veil you can actually go BM - Assassin's Mark - Warlord's Mark - Herald of Ash fit all onto your life nicely to pick up a free 15% phys damage off HoA.

It's a bit less es than a rare helm, but the metric I'm using is 10k es - as long as my es remains above 10k then it is fine. (and it does easily in this case) You don't need resists on helm to cap out anyways. Also switching out gloves for a unique in the future. (note: I never wear Headhunter, as it is useless for boss killing which is what I do - so I have resists on belt)

For your vertex in the meantime consider putting Discipline and Herald of Ice in it - both scale with levels as they are flat ranges. I currently empower them in my boot instead.

Lvl24 gems in PSC, or lvl26 gems in Standard. The ramped up Disc makes it mcuh easier to maintain 10k es while dropping rares left and right for more power from uniques.

I am still working on some math for the ultimate aura setup but I'll post about it when I have it finalised. for now -

BM - Blasphemy - Ass Mark - War Mark. (or HoA replacing Blasphemy gem in a Heretic's Veil)

lvl4 Enlighten - lvl4 Empower - Discipline - Herald of Ice (prefer +1)

lvl4 Enlighten - Hatred - Haste (if you can get a +1 here its good as well, Hatred gains a % point at lvl 22)

working on more auras and another Empower fitting in for the future. (and a huge dps upgrade - anybody know the HP on core malachai? I'd like to do a ohko of double core malachai once I get to 100, not sure how much damage you need)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info