[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Is Soul Taker that crucial to the build? Otherwise you could dual wield swords instead of axes and use Whirling Blades instead of Leap Slam.
"
JohnJDenver wrote:
Hey, I'm level 89 with this Build. Clearing up to t14 pretty well, loving this build. Definitely on the most fun I've played.

One this about the passive tree, I don't seem to know where to go after lvl 88. I have everything you've put in your tree.

On my level 94 character I went for the Scion life wheel.

My tree:

Non-OP gear:
Spoiler

OP Standard gear:
Spoiler

Almost forgot... the single best thing you can do for DPS increase:

Spoiler
IGN: Sin
Last edited by Make_A_Witch_Foundation on Dec 1, 2016, 8:13:05 PM
@malboyoo

It's not mandatory, but it is highly recommended. I would say stick with Soul Taker. Cleave is pretty mana intensive later on when you get over 10 APS, so Soul Taker would be ideal. Arctic armour also provides a good amount of defense for this build. You won't find many axes that are better than soul taker anyways.

@JohnJDenver

Hey, just go for more life nodes and jewel slots. Generally I leave the choice up to you to see if you prefer a more offensive or defensive playstyle.

@OwlRaider

I would say soul taker is definitely pretty nice to have and let's you run arctic armour and no mana leech. Also Jack the Axe is very cheap in new leagues. If you want to go swords, you will probably have to revamp the tree and get all the sword nodes, but axes generally have more DPS so I would stick with them.

@Make_A_Witch_Foundation

Wow that's some sick gear bro and level 94 is very impressive.
JohnJDenver here, new account

@Make_A_Witch_Foundation
Thanks,haha I will definitely go with that demonic cleave for the crazy dps!Also damn I gotta get some of that Legacy gear!

MY gear

@Supreme_Pizza
Thanks, I will probably go with the Scion life wheel like Make_a_witch suggested
Is this going to be viable in the new league?
yep
How would you level this in the new league?

I haven't even started the league yet because i cannot decide on a fun skill to use for it.

I hate the way flameblast plays, couldnt ever enjoy it. I dont like Totems or Summoner, could never enjoy it.
Spark blows single-target and so does Arc.
Lightning Arrow / Any other buy build: Just ripped my normal-HC character, wouldn't enjoy playing a weaker version of it.

I used to love crit Freezing Pulse, but i heared its shotgun got nerfed, so its probably not really good.

The build you presented here looks very fun though, its just what i enjoy. A high clear speed, a fast gameplay and just whacking on things with quick hits.

But you mention a lot of key items that seem to be detrimental to have proper DPS. Like Bringer of Rain etc.
So how would you build this build up in breach hardcore? Is the life enough for hardcore? Will the damage be at least viable to farm some currency with if you dont have the key-uniques?

Thanks!
What links for lacerate?
I love pie.
@Player089

I have posted levelling trees and uniques in the levelling section of the build guide. Yep there are 3 main key items for this build. BoR, Soul taker and Jack the Axe. All these items are quite cheap except for soul taker which may cost 30c - 1ex.

Without these items you can still do relatively well, but upon equipping these 3 items, you become unstoppable.

The skill tree I use is for softcore. If you want to play hardcore you will have to grab an addtional 30% life from the scion life wheel and prioritize that over damage.

@xSyK0tiC

same links for lacerate, just replace cleave with lacerate.
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@Player089

I have posted levelling trees and uniques in the levelling section of the build guide. Yep there are 3 main key items for this build. BoR, Soul taker and Jack the Axe. All these items are quite cheap except for soul taker which may cost 30c - 1ex.

Without these items you can still do relatively well, but upon equipping these 3 items, you become unstoppable.

Alright, thanks a lot!

One last question:
What makes BoR so strong? I get that its a theoretical 7-link, but 2 of those links are rather weak - a low level Faster Attacks and a Blind. So a regular 6-linked chest would definitely offer more damage, wouldn't it?

So i assume BR is all about gaining endurance charges? That's what makes it so important and strong?
Wouldnt it be hard to cap resistances without pretty good items if you miss 2 slots?

Not trying to critique, just trying to understand. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info