[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Ty for your Opinion Clown!

I infested in a legacy Soul Taker and an 400 pdps Axe ( maybe i will take down the suffixes on that axe and mastercraft additionl block chance with Vagan, we will see ).

I'am now standing at 25.5k tooltip DPS, because i like Lacerate more and go full defensive ( don't like hatred and HoA that much on high maps because of the extrem resistances mosters can have.)

i run an counter test with an starforge slayer who got 29k tooltip, i only used the main attack to compare no use of warchief and it was away too smooth against the gladiator so i decided to put dirty techniques in again on my gladiator, and i'm very happy with the gameplay now, so if you use voidheart and i see you do, give it a try.

had an encounter with an possesed phoenix guardian today, and my gladiator could successfully withstand!

but honestly i'am a little bit afraid of the shaper, if the lifepool really is that big a longer fight could be a big problem in case of the groundeffects that become more and more with the time.

greets back^^

Edit: i tried an Retch too, because i have an extrem good one in my stash, for upperlab etc it is very nice, but i got back to my rare with a bit more life and the armor on it, because the flask uptime cannot save you over the really hard content (guardians, and shaper) the fights took to long so i prefer the more permanent defensive.

the tree i use:

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAMAAVRBQU1FQWdNQWV3U3pCUzBMWVF4ZkZDQVY3QnluSVdBa215bWxQQVU4TFQzOFFYUkhmbEJIVTZWWVkxOF9aVTFubTJqeWRPMTA4WGFzZk5tRFg0VFppdkNNejZJQXJqNnZiTGtkdlRhLXA4Qm14cTdLa005LTAyX2F3ZVJSNlVicUdPOE83M3p3SF9aSTl6TDNUY0dMMjZjSldOUDhnVUUxN3pydFlFRmpjQkhWVjVkRE1aZDVLQ3FMVDRQTXR6Ny1DdGk5LU9zVWNkbDhnZ2RrVWs0eUYtRW0tQk5Nd2FQaVlUQjNXZjRPUERwU3ZKOFlrZnhMRkUwQjV4djZKZC0yTEtRWk51Z2FWWVR2WVNIRTluS3BldS11VUdXbmh5bEFvRWEzZmZYRUZSamJMaU9UbWJ1ZVJKNVR1M3QwQm9zS0ppRGpYOXBzMkpMM3ZuajRBZz09ABBBQUFDQUFmUUFRSDBBUUFBAAA=
Last edited by Prototype80 on Nov 10, 2016, 4:48:02 PM
Hey, I love this build! I creates a monster!!

I was just wondering about your equipped gear VS. gem setup, there are a couple differences. It is ok to put the CWDT and Golem setups together?

Also. how do you cast all your auras? and Vaal haste/Enduring Cry. Do you just switch out one of the auras after its cast and put vaal or enduring on the Buttons?

Thanks for the great build!
"
JohnJDenver wrote:
Hey, I love this build! I creates a monster!!

I was just wondering about your equipped gear VS. gem setup, there are a couple differences. It is ok to put the CWDT and Golem setups together?

Also. how do you cast all your auras? and Vaal haste/Enduring Cry. Do you just switch out one of the auras after its cast and put vaal or enduring on the Buttons?

Thanks for the great build!

Yes, I cast all the auras from the same slot so I have enough room for the rest.
"
Prototype80 wrote:

I infested in a legacy Soul Taker and an 400 pdps Axe ( maybe i will take down the suffixes on that axe and mastercraft additionl block chance with Vagan, we will see ).

I'am now standing at 25.5k tooltip DPS, because i like Lacerate more and go full defensive ( don't like hatred and HoA that much on high maps because of the extrem resistances mosters can have.)

the tree i use:

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAMAAVRBQU1FQWdNQWV3U3pCUzBMWVF4ZkZDQVY3QnluSVdBa215bWxQQVU4TFQzOFFYUkhmbEJIVTZWWVkxOF9aVTFubTJqeWRPMTA4WGFzZk5tRFg0VFppdkNNejZJQXJqNnZiTGtkdlRhLXA4Qm14cTdLa005LTAyX2F3ZVJSNlVicUdPOE83M3p3SF9aSTl6TDNUY0dMMjZjSldOUDhnVUUxN3pydFlFRmpjQkhWVjVkRE1aZDVLQ3FMVDRQTXR6Ny1DdGk5LU9zVWNkbDhnZ2RrVWs0eUYtRW0tQk5Nd2FQaVlUQjNXZjRPUERwU3ZKOFlrZnhMRkUwQjV4djZKZC0yTEtRWk51Z2FWWVR2WVNIRTluS3BldS11VUdXbmh5bEFvRWEzZmZYRUZSamJMaU9UbWJ1ZVJKNVR1M3QwQm9zS0ppRGpYOXBzMkpMM3ZuajRBZz09ABBBQUFDQUFmUUFRSDBBUUFBAAA=

that dps seems really low? Even unbuffed I have around 100k dps? Sometimes some offense is a good defense too!Or is it just because of lacerate? I will soon try the guardians and the shaper, having around 6k life, and buffed maxblock, max res and about 70% phys mitigation. For the auras, of course I switch them accordingly, e.g. if I roll a map with + cold res I switch to Herald of Thunder, Anger or Grace or something.

btw. @ retch if you don't die at shaper, which you shouldn't unless you mess up movement you can use the portals to refill flasks for the dps phases :)

edit: aaah you use ancestral warchief, idk if its worth dropping blood rage and immortal call
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
Last edited by Knampfclown on Nov 11, 2016, 6:51:41 AM
Hi,

Warchief is worth a try, that totem is really strong believe me. It is what makes the most Dmg difference between gladiator and slayer. Singletarget DMG is atm as good as the one from a slayer with starforge and that says alot about this build!

The Tooltip.... yes it seems low i know, but its only tooltip, the standard starforge lacerate slayers have around 30k and kill everything in seconds expect the guardians and shaper of course. I completely use defensive auras and the stats are with fortify and AoE gem and i oneshot trash and packs with my setup, highmap bosses die very quick too, think i will use the gladiator for my first shaper run.

there is something else about the tooltip, keep in mind i use lacerate, and what is important too is that the tooltip dps shown for cleave are wrong when dual wielding, i personally had the impression lacerate is stronger with same setup.

another thing i don't like on cleave is that ggg didn't update the AoE visuals -.- and as i say the incorrect dmg shown in the tooltip when Dualwield isn't fixed too.

Think there is much too test and explore.

i will try all your options after hitting the next level up, your argument with dmg is a defensive option too is very right, because dead things don't do damage^^
Last edited by Prototype80 on Nov 11, 2016, 9:23:31 AM
"
Prototype80 wrote:

the tree i use:

I changed to a similar setup now dropping blood rage and vaal haste, 59k tooltip and 37k tooltip on lvl 18 warchief + lvl 18 supports but the inc dmg from warchief and bloodlust should probably make up for it
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
With lacerate i need to change any gems?
"
gorgi57 wrote:
With lacerate i need to change any gems?

No, only thing you have to change is the color of the socket, cleave is red lacerate is green.

the gem setup remains the same.

Can you tell me which item to change first? Knowing that I am in essence league.
"
Nafelic wrote:

Can you tell me which item to change first? Knowing that I am in essence league.

Your gear is already really nice imo. If i were you i would change the boots first for 30% inc movement, higher eva or armor and higher life, try to get life reg enchnant on it if possible, otherwise as i said the gear is really nice, maybe an belt with flat armor sometime.
Last edited by Prototype80 on Nov 14, 2016, 2:56:28 PM
So after a while I've finally got set up enough to Facetank Uber Izaro.

Got my resists all up to the cap, got my attack speed at full frenzy down to 0.10/0.09 Seconds.

"

Next passives between 88-91 will be all health then 92-93 will be that 5th Endurance Charge, rest will be damage most likely if I carry on the character (Got to get a steel ring and gloves thought. They're Badass)

Passive skill tree build
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Nov 20, 2016, 8:59:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info