[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
zakariusqc wrote:
between im trying sunder with this build atm and to be honest, it feel pretty damn amazing. the range is really good and the aoe dmg is quite insane. there only 1 thing......single target dmg is not really good BUT if there monster around, it does a good chunk of dmg.it feel faster then cleave and near lacerate (dmg is better then lacerate) and its a red gem.it seem another great alternative and for boss, you can always swap it for cleave.
This is actually how I play. I use sunder for everything but bosses/single target tanky mobs. Elreon missions are cake as you can stand next to the relic and just hold right-click. I still haven't tried lacerate, I may pickup a second BoR to run lacerate in just to test.
@Ozborn

No idea lol. Haven't tested it yet.

@razzle

Yeah use melee physical damage until you get your BoR. Getting all your ascendancy points is essential for this build.

@I_nis_josh

I'm not sure, maybe someone playing the build in Prophecy can tell you.

@13isLucky

Hmm yeah all 3 skills seem pretty good so it is based on personal preference.
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@Ozborn

No idea lol. Haven't tested it yet.

@razzle

Yeah use melee physical damage until you get your BoR. Getting all your ascendancy points is essential for this build.

@I_nis_josh

I'm not sure, maybe someone playing the build in Prophecy can tell you.

@13isLucky

Hmm yeah all 3 skills seem pretty good so it is based on personal preference.
Thats why I like this build, it works with multiple skills with minimal changes. Only reason I don't use cleave exclusively is that I am too lazy to leap slam.
"
zakariusqc wrote:
"
HudaZki wrote:
here is my own version of dual wield cleave gladiator

tree:

my gears with link gems on it:
Spoiler

dps with hatred aura only:
100k with increased aoe gem
160k with concentrated effect gem

defense:
55% physical reduction with grace aura only

resist:
75% on elemental and chaos

attack and spell block:
51% with painforged which is up all the time during enemies' encounter

total HP:

i would suggest this version for hardcore. i played it on parendus league and it was quite insane. hight survavibility and good dmg. im using it also this league on SC using lacerate and its still awsome.i prefer this version to be honest.

@zakariusqc would you level as this in hardcore, or respec at some point?
Just a thought but wouldn't we be almost better off with a 6L chest and a helm for stats? I realize that Bringer of Rain is technically a 7L but L6 blind isn't awesome and we're missing out of L20 fast attacks and L20 Melee Phys. Albeit this helmet is going to be A LOT cheaper than a decent 6L plus a relevant helm.

I'm pretty new here so pardon my ignorance if the answer to this is obvious.
Last edited by Zoomington on Jun 16, 2016, 11:51:10 AM
"
Zoomington wrote:
Just a thought but wouldn't we be almost better off with a 6L chest and a helm for stats? I realize that Bringer of Rain is technically a 7L but L6 blind isn't awesome and we're missing out of L20 fast attacks and L20 Melee Phys. Albeit this helmet is going to be A LOT cheaper than a decent 6L plus a relevant helm.

I'm pretty knew here so pardon my ignorance if the answer to this is obvious.

No thats not a bad question at all, the great thing is exactly what you mentioned it's super cheap. It also has high life and block chance which is nice.
@Zoomington

I find the blind very valuable against bosses, since we can get up to over 10 APS, this means that tough bosses will always be blinded. Also the flat 20-30 damage it provides compensates from the low level of faster attacks.
This will be nice for this build, maybe a little tweaking?

If you can't control it, STOP.
Hi,

What would be the ideal levels for the CWDT and enfeeble gems?

Thank you for your answers.
Great build, i'm level 82 right now and i clear maps super fast! Even tried Atziri with this and managed to kill her too!
Last edited by Naratzul735 on Jun 22, 2016, 8:57:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info