[2.2] Scion Bladefall ~45k DPS to ~145 DPS -Eva-HP-Block-Dodge-WB-BR-Guide (Atziri/Uber viable)

First of all - Im a casual Player (i dont have years of knowledge in this game, not even in this language tbh). I play this game for fun (as we all do) and i would like to read a lot of comments about this Idea/Build/Guide.

I want to thank r4wb1rd for his "The Railgun Point Blank Chin Sol Ice Shot" Guide which gave me an easy start to this game in January 2016.

Then i have to thank Vilpertti for his "IMMORTAL 50-70K DPS Bladefall - Max Block + EB + MoM + AA + GR" Guide which i was playing till 2.2 Patch was incomming his Guide is also the Base to my Build and my Build can be easily swapped back to Max Block, AA, LC, PoL

Last but not least i have to thank GGG for 3 times chancing Sorcerer Boots to Skyforth in less than 14 Days (without Scourings) xD

Okay lets go....

Starting with: Who is this Guide/Build made for?

I guess its made for everyone, except newcomers - cause its a little expensive at all!

Why should i try this build?

Because its funny and Blade Vortex (Shav, Skyforth, Headhunter, Crit Multi) is way more expensive - i tried that -.-)

Can it be upgraded/downgraded?

I guess it can be.
U can get more DMG (less sustain) in the Passive Tree and u can also get more sustain (less DMG). Its all about the items u can afford.
U can still go close to max Block on Attacks and Spells and u can still go to way more DMG.

What is this build based on?
The base is affortable DPS and also affortable sustain and of course the possibilities (not much currency is needed to change a lot of things in this build).

Mechanix???
What i like the most is the fact that we dont have any mana issues (we dont have to care about mana reg.). Almost all Mana is reserved to cast 3 Auras* (Haste, Hatred, Herald of Ash*). To cast Bladefall we use our Energyshield - Eldritch Battery (leeched by Lifeleech from Berserker Ascendancy Class - Ghost Reaver) which also takes 30% of DMG on hit - Mind over Matter. These are our 3 Keystones.
Because we got 6-8 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Spells (Cybils Paw) we can also get some nice Amount of Life recovered by hitting enemies. We also have a good Life Reg (300 - 400 per second.

Ascendancy Classes
Berserker is needed:
1.5% of Damage leeched as Life (Mana (ES) recovery)
10% increased DMG
25% increased cast speed if we took a savage Hit recently

As Second Class i use Pathfinder (first i took Slayer) cause we really need the 50% increased flask charges gained (for Atziri/Bosses) and we also get 25% increased DMG during Flask effect + 4% reduced elemental DMG taken during Flaks effect aaaand 50% chance to avoid status ailments+bleeding during Flask effect (no negative effects - Slayer for example gives 30% increased DMG only agains Rare/Unique Enemies.

So much text but so little information - let me show u some stats.

DPS:
Spoiler

Thats the DPS in Town (no auras, flasks, charges)

Thats the DPS with Auras and 4 Frenzy Charges (max. charges atm)

Thats the max DPS with Auras, Charges and Flasks (including vaal haste)

Now u have seen the tooltip DPS - as we all know, bladefall repeats in volleys (with 6% less DMG per volley) - i really dont know the true DPS. Ive seen a calculation but i dont get it!! Maybe someone can calculate the true DPS based on my stats?! nevermind....

Lets take a look at the defense:

Spoiler

Here u can see the pure defense (in town)

On this picture u can see the defense with grace aura and vaal grace

Here u can see the buffed defense stats (Grace, tempest shield, vaal grace and flasks)

in best case (boss fight with all flasks used, tempest shield and vaal grace) u got 50% phys dmg reduction + 56% chance to evade attacks (ranged and melee) + 38% chance to dodge attacks (ranged an melee) + 54% chance to dodge spells + 58% chance to block attacks and 45% chance to block spells and last but not least 81% lightning res.

My Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon (Cybils Paw):
Spoiler

Its cheap as f*ck and it gives us a lot of live gain + spell dmg and cast speed.
Thats the reason why we dont use a caster dagger. We dont need crit (cause this build isnt based on crit) and we get tons of life on hit. Maybe u can find a nice corr. one with a usefull implicit roll on it (never searched for it)

Shield (Rathptih Globe):
Spoiler

This Shield is a beast. Its not that expensive, u can buy it for an some Chaos i guess. Focus on a high rolled spell dmg mod. It also provides the % of block chance to spells and increased max life (thats really important for this build). U can also look for a nice implicit roll on it

Body Armour (Carcass Jack):
Spoiler

I started with a LC but one day i asked myself: why do i use purity of lightning and why do i take that much lightning damage on free willy? well i just want to deal damage and i dont want to take more damage to myself - so i guess carcass jack is one of the best choices for this build. Evasion and ES, focus a max. HP Roll. It also gives us 12% increased area dmg and 20% increased radius of area skills - and the gore ofc xD - all res is a bonus! + 1 Gem roll would just make me ejaculate i guess.

Boots (Atziris Step):
Spoiler

High evasion, max hp and chance to dodge spell dmg + movement speed. i tried some other boots but they are just the right ones i guess. Cheap, also with +1 gem roll (~4 Ex). Get max hp and evasion roll.

Helmet (Alphas Howl):
Spoiler

Nice evasion, +2 Level of Auras (decent), cant be frozen and 8% reduced Mana reserved. I dont really know how i came to this beauty but it does a good job (can use 1 more non unique flask - armour/eva) and we can roll an epic mod on the lab.

Gloves (Rare ones):
Spoiler
I didnt find any unique gloves that make me happy. Atm i use high ES gloves with high HP roll but i dont need anything else on it - i have to get some high EVA gloves with Max HP and Chaos res.

Belt: (Rare one):
Spoiler
Get as much HP as u can find + Armour and res. Increased flask charges is a bonus, ES and Elemental Dmg is not needed.

Rings: (Rare ones):
Spoiler
TBH, perfect ones are hard to find (decent cast speed, near perf. hp, %increased evasion, max evasion, chaos res.) Focus on decent HP rolls, cast speed and in best case %increased max evasion/chaos res. Strength or Dex are also fine. Max ES is okay but i we dont really need it.

Amulet (Rare one):
Spoiler
Spell DMG + cast speed + max HP! Get whatever u need as other mods on it.

I run this gear - even if its not perfect atm but its viable.
Here is my HP, Mana and ES:

HP is most important cause we dont want to get 1-hitted if we cant dodge/block/evade an attack/spell.

Jewels:

Spoiler

We got 7 Jewel Sockets in this Build focus Rolls in this order:
Increased Maximum HP
Increased Physical DMG
Increased Area DMG
Increased Spell DMG
Increased Cast Speed
Increased Elemental DMG
Elemental Resistance
Chaos Resistance

Gems we have to use:
Spoiler

5/6 Link (Body Armour): BBBBGR
Bladefall - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Concentrated Effect - Added fire Damage - Faster casting (if u got the 6 Links).

If u can afford 21/20 Gems, get Bladefall first.

4 Link - Auras (Helmet): GGBR
Enlighten (3) - Grace - Hatred - Herald of Ash

Lvl 21 Aura Gems are affortable but not hardly needed.

4 Link - (Boots/Gloves): BBGR
Greater Multiple Projectiles - Ball Lightning - Arctic Breath - Cast when Damage Taken

U dont have to get lvl 20 Gems. (u shouldnt even) U should hold them between 5/20 and 10/20. Our weapon grants Life for each enemy hit by Spells (we dont need the DMG from these Gems, its a DEF Gem-setup. Greater Multiple Projectiles is usable on 20/20.

4 Link - (Gloves/Boots): GGGB
Tempest Shield - Blood Rage - Vaal Haste - Vaal Grace

Tempest Shield grants us 3% additional Block Chance, Blood Rage to get Frenzy Charge, Vaal Haste grant epic DMG boost for Bosses and Vaal Grace let us (hopefully) Dodge some Spells.

3 Link - (Claw/Shield): GGR
Fortify - Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks

Whirling Blades is our Movement Gem, we can manually Dodge Spells/Attacks with that. Faster Attacks is a must for quick Movement/Dodge. Fortify grants a nice Phys DMG reduction buff on Enemy Hit - All on 20/20

3 Link - (Shield/Claw): RRR
Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Keep them between 5/20 and 10/20 - the problem is just the 3sec cooldown. i would use it on lvl 1 if there wouldnt be a cooldown. you have to calculate the way it is most usefull for yourself.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak - 40 to Maximum Life
Cruel: Help Oak - 16% Increased Physical Damage
Mercilles: Help Kraityn - +1 Max. Frenzy Chare

Flask Setup:
Spoiler

HP Flask: Removes Bleeding on use - Important for Corrupted Blood/Puncture Enemies.

Taste of Hate: Max Cold Res and epic epic DMG increase.

Atziris Promise: If u got enough Chaos Res u can maybe swap this one for another Eva/Armour Flask. It also gives a nice DMG boost.

Granite/Jade Flask: U are free to use any other Flask but i run a Granite Flask for more Armour with increased Armour during Flask effect.

Rumis Concoction: 30% Chance to Block (cause of Rathpith its also an increased chance to block Spells) - must have

Passive Tree:

Spoiler

This is my Tree, im lvl 93 Atm.
Leveling is really easy with this tree (i will add more Information soon)
Passive Tree

Thats it so far - i would really like to add a video but i need some support for that at first, i dont know whats the best/easiest way to make a video at all xD

Comments are welcome, critics are awesome. please contact be by leaving a post in this guide. please dont ask me ingame or try to trade anything in this thread. u can also leave me a pm here in the forums!
Last edited by serpico1986 on Mar 9, 2016, 12:43:35 PM
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 2:58:12 PM
GJ!
sir my ES won't leech. I put already shadow reave. I'm using cybil.. Please help
"
wayne1310 wrote:
sir my ES won't leech. I put already shadow reave. I'm using cybil.. Please help

ofc u need any life leech (life leech gem in 5L/6L or 1.5% from Berserker Class)
Push
Hey man nice buil, i am at 67 and i liking very much. I have a question, i am running herald of ash and hatred, wich 3 aura i run until me enlighten level up?
"
claydbp wrote:
Hey man nice buil, i am at 67 and i liking very much. I have a question, i am running herald of ash and hatred, wich 3 aura i run until me enlighten level up?

I started with Grace and Purity of Lightning + Arctic Armour (i was running Lightning coil and Max. Block).

Also for leveling i would use Grace and Hatred, with Enlighten lvl 4 Arctic Armour or Herald of Ash
Thanks for the answer, i will try it
which gem should you not include if you are using a 5 link armor?

thx in advance
Hello, and nice job on this build!

What would you say are its pros and cons vs. Vilpertti's?

I see you referenced his in the OP and was just wondering what differences you were going for.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info