Farewell, my friends!

Hi! Firstly, I want to give my thanks to GGG and all of the cool people I've met throughout the years playing PoE. It's been a great ride and I feel that I have received full value for my purchases.

And I want to make clear that this is NOT a complaint post. I feel that I owe the GGG folks, amd my small handful of friends here an explanation. That's it!

Anyhoo, I've always played PoE "my way" and have always accepted that that way is not the intended way. But I have always managed to keep it fun for me and make the most of it.

However, now I've hit the end of the road.

I'm an experimenter. A reroller. Because I am a self sufficient player, my ideas usually rely heavily upon the skill tree far more than specific overpowered unique items. My fun revolves around constantly making new characters. Now, this is where it has become a bit of a bummer for me.

The cool new, must have for a reroller/experimenter notable tree points are behind a part of the game that I truly dread. The maze.

For two nights now, I've been waking up with nightmares of being lost in the maze. It may seem funny for some, but the actual act of going around in circles and backtracking from dead ends for hours in there for me is extremely uncomfortable. It's a mix of claustrophobia and panic and about as far away from having FUN as I can personally imagine. I suppose if there were a long, but guaranteed way to go around the maze, it would be fine for me. That way a person could schedule the required amount of time. But I know that's not happening. lol

The actual traps are fine and the boss fight is a good bit of relief once he's finally found. It's only the actual being lost in the maze that's too much for me to take. It might be the several concussions I've suffered over the years or the exposure to flooring adhesives over my years of work affecting my memory or something, but I can end up all the way back at the beginning and completely forget the route I took to begin with. Then I start running low on time, my head starts spinning and panic attack sets in.

Sound fun? It isn't. lol

I know that this new non-optional part of PoE is there for good now. I knew there'd eventually come a time where I'd be done. I'd really want to enjoy 'being lost', but for whatever reason or combination of reasons, I just cannot. For the first time in my time playing PoE I am actually 'jelly'. I'm jealous of all of you who are fortunate to love or at least endure the maze.

Be well, exiles!

(yes I know. nobody cares yadda yadda...)

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Grant are you using the labyrinths "map" function to make your way true it?

If not, try to incorporate it in your run's.

If you are, apologies for suggesting it.

Be well exile it was a joy to have you.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Yes what @boem said, use the map.

Not only that I think reddit has a post every day explaining the various layout(s).
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I'm unfamiliar with anything but the mini-map and full screen map.

Is there something else?

This brings me to another thing. I didn't realize just how hard those are to look at for any extended period.Until this new area, I've never needed to stare at it so often. lol
Grant :( i dont know you well... but ill miss your presence here.. <3 if you are truly leaving, add me on steam (if you have it) pm me if you have it and we'll stay in touch <3
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Not only that I think reddit has a post every day explaining the various layout(s).

Reddit is a no go for me, is there something here?
I'll check back after work. Thanks guys
I'd recommend Grim Dawn if you're looking for a POE replacement. :)
- Best Signature Ever -
"
"
goetzjam wrote:

Reddit is a no go for me, is there something here?

When you go thru the door there is a thing you can click on that displays your current location in the lab, it will show if it has keys, if it leads to something else, ect.

The reason why its on reddit is because its up to the community to share the information like layout, secrets, deadly traps, puzzles, ect. I don't know if anyone here on the official forums is doing\posting it but it seems like for the past few days they have over on reddit.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I feel ya OP.

Hopefully they separate ascendancy class/points from lab, everyone would win.

Edit: And allowing for the possibility of having a cheat map like that is a terrible solution to the problem, it defeats the entire purpose of the lab. They might as well just make you run the ledge 3 times at that point. They made so many mistakes this time. :/
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Mar 9, 2016, 10:30:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info