zSavage's Brief Guide on how to Kill Izaro

As far as idols are concerned they work in a similiar fashion to Elemental Conduits aka clickable statues. The difference is that only one idol is usually active at a time granting Izaro damage reduction/damage increase/I don't remember the third one unfortunately. While inactive, idols have about 95% or so damage reduction themselves.
If you are using Mjölner, you wanna get those Summoning Portals on all fights.. :D
d:-D*
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

I'll be adding more info tonight now that I've done all of the fights (though I have yet to fail all of them)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I fought him once when he had statues that took damage they would get to 0 then slowly regain health. Not sure which one it was.

Also great read very helpful.
I need a signature to look legit
"
sidtherat wrote:

i hate mines placement method (never understood why the 'at your feet' was bad) so the mines are limited to Smoke Mine for me

I'm manually using Smoke Mines, and the placement is HORRIBLE. It's so annoying when I just want to drop it under my char, but he moves forward THEN places it... -.-"

Even if the cursor is on my char, it'll move a bit. This is VERY dangerous. It can definitely get you killed.

I wish they'd revert it, or at least make an option for Shift-clicking to be on by default.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Today is the first time ive seen the curse fonts and playing a split arrow chain build it next to impossible to control when they die. Todays phase 1 is orders of magnitude harder than yesterdays phase 3 with all buffs still up which i did in one go yesterday for the extra keys.

Might just skip today TBH not worth.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
I wouldn't say summoning portals are easy difficulty. If your dps is low (like mine was in normal with crap gear with 3links max) then you better have really high defences to be able to slowly wear them down while kiting megahorde of their summons.
Otherwise, really good guide.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Added info about attacks with the Hammer Izaro has.

Added remaining phase sections.

Added section about using trinkets and their effects on the other phases.

Added section about killing Argus.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Added vids for a few of the fights.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"

Three golems (fire, ice, lightning) appear in order. If left alive for too long Izaro will absorb them and get buffed. He will retain these buffs in the later fights.

For low DPS: Kill each golem as it appears, then threshold Izaro. The golems are fairly tanky, so focus them down as quickly as possible.

For high DPS: Same tactic as above.

This is one of the moderate phases. When I've failed this phase it made the next fights go very poorly. The fight isn't too hard if you kill the elementals before Izaro gets to them.

Hello. I have some troubles with Elemental Essences mechanic with a melee character. When I start to hit golems Izaro comes close (he is melee too) and instantly consumes the golem. Izaro has movement skills with some of his weapons (like leap slam or shield charge), so I can land just 3-4 hits on a golem before he comes close.

I guess, it's possible to move away from golem, take Izaro with you, then move back (very-very fast) hit golem a few times and repeat. But that would take a lot of time, and I don't think it'supposed to be like that.

I watched the video and DPS there is just INSANE, so doing something similar does not seem to be an option. I guess, the character is WAY overgeared for recorded fight.

So, the question is - how to beat Elemental Essences with a melee character?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info