[2.6] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Berserker version

"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
akaflux wrote:
"
Mordenkran wrote:
Good build! I have a question about the gear.
For the aura setup, is Alpha's Howl better than Voidbringer?

Alpha with lv21 gems gives you +5 max resist.

Which are than boosted up to +7 max with 40% aura eff nodes.

Of course +1 to gems Voidbringers gives the same result.

But the main issue here is loss of glove slot, so no repentance, no Iron Will which is very important with this build as there is not much spell dmg inc in the tree. Crit from Voidbringers wont compensate for that. At least not in the current setup.

Thanks for the answer. I play with Devoto's Devotion and Voidbringer +1. I know that the loss of damage isan issue but I think Devoto is good for the utility.
Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
Acknowledge for the calculations:

Simple way to get very premature data, not using probabilities or anything to complex. Damage numbers taken on my hideout with Doedre's elixir as charge generation.

- Mjolner capped at 10 cast per second, per spell.
- Taking the data for fire damage with 10 endurance charges then / 10.
- Taking the data for lighting damage with 1 power charge and 1 frenzy charge.
- For events/hits with Molten Strike I use this formula: (APS+(APS*(Proj*0.6))*Hit%
- For events to generate charges between discharges: X=((APS+(APS*(Proj*0.6))*Hit%)/10
- For chance to get 1 endurance charge: ECc=X*Crit%
- For chance to get 1 power charge: PCc=X*(100-Crit%)
- For chance to trigger Unrelenting effect: Uc=25%*X
- Average endurance charges at discharge time: (MaxEC*Uc)+(1+ECc)
- Average power charges: PCc/100
- This doesn't take in count Unrelenting damage increase per EC (37.7% avg) and fortify damage increase (30%).
- Fire Penetration as flat 37% more damage modifier.

Conclusions:
Spoiler

- Best Mjolner damage setup is 1 Discharge with Fire penetration and Controlled Destruction, mostly because the penetration gem. About 11% more damage than Discharge with Arc and Controlled Destruction, and 45% more damage than an hypothetical Discharge with 2x Arc.
- Best damage boost is maxing your Endurance Charges, and your Endurance Charge generation with more APS or external triggers outside Mjolner.
- This damage increments as we have more APS, because we have more events to generate charges before a Discharge occurs, also more chances to get Unrelenting triggered ending with max charges before the Discharge triggers. With this logic the healing will increase too.
- All this only if events to generate charges between discharges is higher than 1.

This assumptions and values may be wrong or very wrong, but the tendency seems clear. The more EC you have more damage, the more events to generate charges bigger discharges, more APS = more events.

So the real question is that if Arc is better than a support gem taking in count that Arc also provides events to get more charges but lower the damage of the discharge, and itself does low damage, but has a chance to shock. Arc adds 1 (2.449 to 3.449) to the the events to generate charges between discharges, and this increments the damage to 10% more than Discharge with Fire Penetration and Controlled Destruction.

IMO for bosses nothing beats Penetration and for fast clears with Shield Charge, a continuous and bigger Discharge between packs is better than get a sometimes a Discharge other an Arc and sometimes both. The damage bonus from extra events that Arc provides we could get them somewhere else via other triggers, more APS, more projectiles.

The data:
Spoiler

Molten Strike
APS: 5.08
Chance to hit: 91%
Chance to critical strike: 6.45%
Number of projectiles: 7

Max endurance charges: 10
Max power charges: 2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5FdI6bH7uvfd1VwR1hlNW8ycDg

Screenshot Discharge with all buffs.
Spoiler

Screenshot Discharge with FP and CD with all buffs.
Spoiler

The max DPS should be around 273k.

Last edited by akaflux on Sep 7, 2016, 6:50:36 PM
Thank you for that data.

I have very similar results in my own calculator (152k). So as I said: Arc + Discharge + CD is very good setup.

However I'm working now on the final version of the build. I wont say anything yet as I must test some more (so far so good) but what can I say is that I finally like what I did. I'll share it soon.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Thank you for that data.

I have very similar results in my own calculator (152k). So as I said: Arc + Discharge + CD is very good setup.

However I'm working now on the final version of the build. I wont say anything yet as I must test some more (so far so good) but what can I say is that I finally like what I did. I'll share it soon.

Ooh, looking forward to it.
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Thank you for that data.

let us know asap im dying for the final product!! Thanks for all your testing.
@RicoKGB

awesome build thanks for share, one question atm this is my tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAAHnBLMFLQthEQ8UIBRNFLAVUBZvFy8YXRiRGjgdFCFgJwsnLymlL28x-zboOlg62DwtPO89_ECgRmlG10wtUDBQR1W1VcZV1lZIVylYY1nzXhNfP2FSZOdmnmebaPJwu3GFcg908Xrvf-OApIIegpuDtoZghtGIQozPj0aQVZo7m6GezZ_LogCnCKcwrJiuPq9svJ_AZsEEwcXGrsbY1abYJNkT217hc-Nq5FHsGOw47TzvDu9O8B_2SPfX-tL8Sw==?accountName=PabloCappone&characterName=CaoTio

alpha with enligh

all mana reduce noes , but I can´t cast the blasphemy curse

any help?
now I´m on:
ele+blas 25%
pol: 23%
pof: 23%
Grace 33%
=104%

My mana tank is 810, thanks

Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Hi, I have a noob question.

Why use CD but not ele focus?
Since ele focus has more damage boost
we just have 3~4 pcs, our lightning damage is not very high and it makes the shock duration short.
and we can shock enemies by use Vinktar or what?

thanks!

edit:

And another question, in this patch if we use non-legacy Surgeon flask
we cannot gain charges very fast.
Any idea about solution? Maybe use poacher's mark?
Last edited by lorence810 on Sep 7, 2016, 9:41:38 PM
First and foremost thanks for putting in such work tooling this up for 2.4, there were a lot of variants of this build in 2.3, but I think yours is going to definitively own the life based version of this in 2.4

One question I do have after a search of all the trees you've posted, you always have Unflinching, Unrelenting, and Undeniable, but what would you recommend for the 4th ascendancy choice?

Unyielding for damage and better fortify? Would the 30% increased damage help boost the average DPS?

Unbreakable to take back Unwavering stance, Kingsguard can have 800 armor, which would net us another 800 armor over norm.

Unstoppable for more efficient mapping and not hating life with frozen or temp chains mods?

If I missed this answer in the past 35 pages, please forgive me.
CB I'm sure we go with the fortify one for the dmg
What's the best gems to +20% quality for the best dmg increase? Im for sure gonna do arc discharge and CD bc of the better aoe, higher chance to shock, and 10% dmg from the CD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info