[2.6] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Berserker version

Just a slight clarification...the damage reduction for a triggered Discharge is not 'reduced', but less, so it's a multiplier that's hitting it and not an additive amount. Not fun at all there. :\
This is just too funny. I hadn't played for like a year and then was sitting around thinking about how fun POE was when I played it, so I picked it up again like 2 weeks ago.

Mjolner build was my fav when I last played, so I read about Juggernaut and decided to make one. Leveled him and now that I'm in maps, I see they are bringing down the nerf hammer on specifically this build. Yes, technically the changes touch other builds that use components, but this one got the unrelenting nerf, the trigger spell nerf, a specific discharge nerf, and of course the side effect of reduced kingsguard healing.

Just figured I had to pick the exact build they were planning to go after...
Last edited by gabrion2 on Aug 30, 2016, 9:59:47 PM
Does this mean that Mjolner now has an internal cooldown?:

"The spell that is triggered is determined based on the order in which it is socketed, and will cast supported spells in sequence, even across multiple attacks. These items and skills also have cooldowns which limit how often a skill is cast."
I'll report after I do some extensive testing on all that nerfs.

But I allready see where this is going. This build wont be as effective as it was - thats for sure. Well if endu charge generationg wont be sufficient, we can still do things in the old way.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
god save rico
Well, we get hit quite hard, uh? D:

For the "only 1 spell triggered" part, it's easy, just take out the second discharge and put in controlled destruction... the same for the 35% less damage, Discharge hits are quite high anyway

The real problem starts with the nerf to jugg node: if we have only 30% chance to gain an endurance, we'll need to focus more on power charges to gain them. Drop the fire damage node in favour of general/lightning damage, maybe... i don't remember RicoKGB passive tree and i'm from cell, so cannot see it, but it shouldn't be too hard to take "Overcharge" and "Instability" to have 5 power charges instead of 3, and maybe also respec to alira to have the 6th... running a 6/7 pow/end charges should make up for the nerf, *IN THEORY*

About the mjolner internal cooldown: well, we don't even know how much it is, we cannot do anything about it except trying to have more spell damage nodes instead of attack speed nodes, to make up the quantity with the hard hitting spells. Loss of life recovery from Kingsguard is guaranteed, but can be manageable, seeing how much we recover atm
No problem at all. Just go LL Berserker (gives actually enough attack speed, survivability etc.) and because of LL you need to stack ES, wich gives even more +Spell dmg (Shavs + Shield provides alot Spell dmg).

New Era of Mjölner seems to be LL Berserker :3 Go 4 it Rico!!11
"
gosubär wrote:
No problem at all. Just go LL Berserker (gives actually enough attack speed, survivability etc.) and because of LL you need to stack ES, wich gives even more +Spell dmg (Shavs + Shield provides alot Spell dmg).

I actually saved a RRRGGG shav from my old LL zerker, but if a life/armor build is still viable, i'll chose that one... it's more confortable to have high life regen :D
"
Evander1992 wrote:
"
gosubär wrote:

I actually saved a RRRGGG shav from my old LL zerker, but if a life/armor build is still viable, i'll chose that one... it's more confortable to have high life regen :D

Yeah sure Lifebased should be still fine but personally I wanted to go for LL Mjölner anyways with 2.4 (playing Standard) so I thought it's nice to share that opinion :D

Ok, Fakener might be dead but long lives Mjölner! Just let those reddit bitchbois keep crying. Not our problem if they can't afford Meta builds...they will always please for any nerfs. I'm sure Rico and some other guys will make Mjölner stronk af (again). And the best thing is, then it survived many nerfs already and will be viable untill PoE servers goes down forever.

Uh just don't talk about Mjölner on reddit, you might get downvoted af :D
Last edited by gosubär on Aug 31, 2016, 3:52:19 AM
Well, ... that went well...

Anyway,

after many hours in PoE and few lucky events I have not so long ago decided to roll non-legacy mjolner build just for fun and found Rico's

Few weeks after the build is nerfed ... quite a bit actually

Rico, save the build please lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info