Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.2] (VIDEO DEMO) BARRAGE VOLLEY FIRE WANDER - CI RANGER

GIFS FTW:

VIDEO DEMONSTRATION (WITH CHAIN):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCArJWWnZ6A&feature=youtu.be

VIDEO DEMONSTRATION (WITH FORK + FROSTWALL):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxT1hfOEmNE&feature=youtu.be

LINKS:
4 link: Barrage + Faster Attacks + Chain + PCOC

6 link: Barrage + Faster Attacks + PPAD + Crit Dmg + Added Fire + WED

These screenshot tooltips are with Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice + Taste of Hate.
My 6 link is 111k dps x 20 = 2220k dps. My 4 link is at 24.8k x 60(chain) = 1488k dps.

TREE (updated to 2.2):
Spoiler

Ranger and Duelist are the best starting classes ironically for this build for 2 reasons.
1) the buffed leech nodes

2) the location of the 4 jewel sockets that have 50 dexterity within medium radius.

ASCENDANCY:
Ranger's deadeye is the best: far shot, free chain, projectile speed.
Duelists's champion is also nice: perma fortify with movement speed.

1H SHIELD CI (ranger):
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQDuAx4FZgceCaAKmw5ID6sRLxGWE9oUsBUgFUMV1xa_GYoZtBqPG60byB1PH0Ej0ySLJJ0qCyo4KwosvyzpLR8tgzW5Nj094kjuSVFKmkz_VmNZvF3yX2piWmqTbOdtbG5pbydwUnC7c3B1y3X9eK57FH11gh6Eb4TFhq6Gs4hCidOMC4w2j2CP-pS4lSCVLpXMlwaaYZpqmy2btZ-IogSjiqcrr-uxAbGztUi5fLvjvqfBxcHzwnPCjsM6xKLFKMfKzZjOcM9ez93Q0NN-1fjWWOCf5wrn6um96mLrY-wY7LDtP-968Lvw1fGK9lv2o_ba9uf4ofkz-WP67_sJ_GT-ug==

4 VOLLEY FIRE JEWELS:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Volley_Fire

[x] Barrage fires in 1+1+1+1
[x] Each jewel adds 2 to the first and last shots = 3+1+1+3
[x] Therefore, each jewel adds 4 projectiles total.
[x] 4 jewels adds 16 projectiles total.
[x] Barrage thus gains a total of 20 projectiles.

GEAR:
Spoiler

Gearing is basically standard CI. I prefer CI because the area of the passive tree that support these 50-dex-medium-radius jewel sockets is friendlier for ES (near ranger, shadow area).
Also, because we are ranged, having larger health buffer via ES with the delayed ES regen is better than having less total life with constant life regen. I'm also designing a unique item that buffs CI spell/ranged/projectile damage on full-life (a counterpart to the melee-dmg-on-full-life gem).

For Helm: Rat's nest is perfect (attack speed with crit). Alpha's Howl is also good.

For Wand: I'm still debating between void-battery (for the extra power charge), but trying to get a second one before I make the switch. Ideally, ventor's torment chant imbued wand is the best. Also projectile speed vastly benefits this build, helping the auto-targeting chained projectiles hit off screen. High-yield mods: +% projectile speed, and the master crafted projectiles return to you mod.

Currently master-crafting a return-projectile mod for this build. Will be absolutely INSANE as it literally takes all of the amplified free projectiles, and DOUBLES IT.

PHYS VS ELE WANDER?
Spoiler
You can go with either phys or ele because of the sheer amount of projectiles you get, and there are ways to scale either phys or ele. For scaling phys wand, use PPAD (projectile physical attack damage). For scaling ele wand, use WED and appropriate auras (Wrath and Anger).

And yes it works with normal gear. You just need to have 4 volley fire jewels which costs approximately 16-17 passive points to support the +50 dex requirements for each slot.

This build is amazing for density.
The Deadeye Ascendancy class for Rangers pushes the dps even further.
The +1 chain (without damage penalty) is absolutely insane. 4x Volley Fire = 20 projectiles. The +1 chain basically makes it into 40 projectiles, all with zero mitigation from GMP or LMP.
Furthermore, Far Shot (the reverse point blank) and the 30% increased projectile speed literally allows you to clear as much offscreen as onscreen.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Mar 8, 2016, 2:07:29 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 12:51:57 AM
Hello build looks nice, wanna try it in the perandus. should i look for a high phys wand or high ele wand ? and does this build work with out insane Gear ?
"
Snowmanmc87 wrote:
Hello build looks nice, wanna try it in the perandus. should i look for a high phys wand or high ele wand ? and does this build work with out insane Gear ?

You can go with either phys or ele because of the sheer amount of projectiles you get, and there are ways to scale either phys or ele. For scaling phys wand, use PPAD (projectile physical attack damage). For scaling ele wand, use WED and appropriate auras (Wrath and Anger).

And yes it works with normal gear. You just need to have 4 volley fire jewels which costs approximately 16-17 passive points to support the +50 dex requirements for each slot.

The +1 chain (without damage penalty) is absolutely insane. 4x Volley Fire = 20 projectiles. The +1 chain basically makes it into 40 projectiles, all with zero mitigation from GMP or LMP.
Furthermore, Far Shot (the reverse point blank) and the 30% increased projectile speed literally allows you to clear as much offscreen as onscreen.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
How does this do with single target for rares/boss. Biggest issue I really ever ran into as wander was single target was lack luster
Hi, nice looking build. Is it HC viable and if not, what would you change? Seems a little low on defences and there appears to be so much dmg that there is room to trade for more def?
Would say not HC viable as it picks up very little ES. You stand a very good chance of being 1 shot on higher maps
"
Castablanca wrote:
"
Snowmanmc87 wrote:

Thanks for the fast Respond . You have 4k ES with very good gear. I am trying to make this build little more defenses with not so good gear , but i really cant find a way to make it work.
Hey how's it going, can you post leveling guides through the passive tree? Would really appreciate it :)
Can I use this build as a base for a low-life character? What changes should I make?
Could you post a lvl 80 tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info