[2.2] Feedback requested - Slayer, life leech.

Dear fellow Exiles,

I'm a first time poster here, looking for feedback on a build I designed myself with help of a reddittor.

The idea is to go Resolute Technique, Blood Magic and Iron Reflexes. Having an huge amount of armour aswell as life. Going with leech passives and the slayer as subclass, focussing on Endless Hunger (life leech does not end on full life) and Impact (50% of single target dmg to surrounding enemies and increased radius of area skills).

The idea is to go two-handed flicker strike rushing thru packs with just 1 life flask, saving up place for granites and other flasks (i'm new to the use of flasks besides the reguluar ones). All relying on less physical dmg taken and life leech.

For single target I will use frenzy.

Currently I'm enjoying the build already without the ascendancy points. Life leech is strong and my defensive stats are currently on par, using Blood Magic and Iron Reflexes. Leveling mainly with Sunder (that skill is just awesome!) for AOE and Frenzy for single target. I have no trouble with any packs, and even in the Parendus packs I can just stand in the middle and spam sunder without going below 80% of my life. This is different on single target where my life leech is not enough yet to only sustain on that.

I have yet to make the transition to flicker strike, but that will come in time.

That all together leads to this build:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHnBS0HdQmWDjwRGhQgFE0UcRXsGJEaPhv6IVUhYCPTJbwl3ycgJ58pLimlLPs5DjpSQKBDMUSeR35M_04qUEdR2lO7Vw1XVFoaXhNfP2FSZU1ul28nc2t07XTxdqx673y4fNmCB4TZhO-Fp4ZghrSHaooiirOK8JBsk6iVJJd5mmqezaQZqSeplK2NsoC2LLkdvJ-9Nr6nv9XApsMzypDPftIh2WHZfNrB20_cPd-_4MPkUelG6hjvDu9O8azyQfKc9zL3vvxL

Current points spent: 94
Current level needed: 71

Note that I can get 3 gem slots and go to the Scion Life Square later on. This build requires me to be lvl 71, wich is fair for a new guy like me.
I can also expand to the marauder tree, going for the starter notes to increase life and armour.
If I set on 1 weapon I can even increase my leech by going into the respective tree that provides that without spending too many points.

Stats from the tree are currently:

Spoiler

% increased life leeched per second: 120
% increased maximum life: 152
% attack damage leeched as life: 1.6
% of life regenerated per second 4,9 (nullifing blood rage)
% of physical Attack Damage leeched as life: 4,6
+ to maximum life: 34
% increased armour: 168
% additional physical damage reduction: 4
% increased armour and Evasion: 84
% to all elemental resistances: 28

% Increased attack speed (with 2handed): 46
% increased physical dmg (with attacks/2handed): 264
+ 1 frenzy charge

I request feedback on the passive tree and the gems I should link into my flicker strike.
Should I run an Aura?

Kind Regards

HipsterVII / PJJV2
Last edited by pjjv2 on Mar 7, 2016, 9:02:52 AM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2016, 7:49:24 AM
Hi, i can help answer some questions as i currently have a Slayer build.

Endless Hunger is underrated and I'm quite surprised at the results. The leeching is maintained for a good 10 seconds in my build, i can basically go afk for that time and not worry about damage to much.

Demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/faEeQYeZkJw

It used to be going blood magic wasn't really worth it as you wouldn't be able to run auras. But it can be possible now.

There's a new ring: Essence Worm

It basically gives you a free aura+empower at no cost but at a higher cost to other reservable skills and of course, a ring slot.

You can easily add determination or grace to that ring to supplement your armour, or hatred to boost your damage, providing you can can resists without the ring slot.

Also, together with a granite, you can add the basalt flask to your line-up, further lowering the incoming physical damage.

Lots to think about. I wish you all the best

Edit: fixed the linkage fail
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Mar 7, 2016, 9:23:13 AM
Oeh! Very interesting!

Thank you very much. I will look into those items you suggested.
souds interesting indeed :)
I am playing a Slayer + Endless Hunger build at the moment as a 2h cyclone axe char.

You can look at the tree / char in my profile, one item that I love on him is:

I will post a build guide once I hit level 80 or so.

Finished all labyrinths solo with it, here is a screenshot of me finishing merciless lab with 1 life flask on level 71:

Spoiler
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 7, 2016, 10:28:05 AM
He Mannoth!

That is awesome, I will certainly check out your passive tree.
GL on hitting 80!

And ofcourse I will loom forward to your build.
"
Mannoth wrote:
I am playing a Slayer + Endless Hunger build at the moment as a 2h cyclone axe char.

You can look at the tree / char in my profile, one item that I love on him is:

I will post a build guide once I hit level 80 or so.

Finished all labyrinths solo with it, here is a screenshot of me finishing merciless lab with 1 life flask on level 71:

Spoiler

You dont need to stack "increased life leech duration" as Slayer. Why? Because it doesnt increase the DURATION of life leech effect, and obviously, it doesnt increase life leech %hp per second cap. It only allows you to reach that cap faster, that's all. But that isnt what you should care about.
Life leech duration is what you should care about! And it scales from your hit damage and %damage leeched as life.
That's why i'm currently building Earthquake Slayer. Slow, hard-hitting skill is perfect for Endless Hunger.
And yes, i believe Endless Hunger IS underrated!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Mar 8, 2016, 4:47:18 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

You dont need to stack "increased life leech duration" as Slayer. Why? Because it doesnt increase the DURATION of life leech effect, and obviously, it doesnt increase life leech %hp per second cap. It only allows you to reach that cap faster, that's all. But that isnt what you should care about.
Life leech duration is what you should care about! And it scales from your hit damage and %damage leeched as life.
That's why i'm currently building Earthquake Slayer. Slow, hard-hitting skill is perfect for Endless Hunger.

Reaching the cap faster is what my build is all about, with correct gear I will be able to reach 2k life leech per second on single target, making life flasks almost obsolete.

Also life leech favors fast hits over strong hits, case & point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5qYctB1jo

I will post my detailed guide today with some videos of me doing merciless labyrinth bosses without using life flasks.
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 9, 2016, 3:24:12 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:

Reaching the cap faster is what my build is all about, with correct gear I will be able to reach 2k life leech per second on single target, making life flasks almost obsolete.

Also life leech favors fast hits over strong hits, case & point:
[/quote]

You dont need Endless Hunger then.
Yes, without it, reaching leech cap faster is very useful, for you lose all stacks every time you heal to full HP.
But WITH it, rules change...
Even with passives only (like Hemotophagy), you'll reach leech cap in around 10-12 hits against single target (=5-6 Earthquakes). Is that so much? And in many cases, you;ll still have life leech up when reaching boss, or get it via killing mobs around it...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
You won't reach leech cap with Endless Hunger with slow hits versus single target.

Look at the spreadsheet in the video I posted, it is quite literally impossible to cap leech vs single target unless you have godlike single target hit.

This is because your leech instances only last around 2 seconds and leech for a fraction of your health, in order to have constant 38% life leech per second you need fast attack speed and high % increased life leeched / % of phys attack leeched as life.

My current build goal is reaching 6K life and leeching 2K life per second versus single target (I will post video of me outleeching Argus while enraged and Izaro in merciless later), so I do not need to use more than 1 life flask in any situation and can use 4 utility flasks.
Last edited by Mannoth on Mar 9, 2016, 6:51:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info