Labyrinth is Horrible

UPDATE: At 100 Lab runs now. Still not a single enchant I wanted, more than that, enchants I had before are now reappearing!!! This means the 9/300 enchants I can actually use are likely never to even be granted to me due to the amazingly slim random chance. WTF GGG! Is it so unbearable to allow us to pick a mod from a list? Do you punks have to enslave us to random number generation?

The lab is the most tedious, boring, anti-POE content ever made. Dodging spikes doesn't give you EXP or gear, so why the f*ck do it? The LAB has no place in a grindfest like this game. Wtf? It takes so long to get through that it actually encourages you not to kill anything and instead rush as fast as you can. The only reason to do it is for an enchantment. There is no joy in it because who the hell enjoys dodging cheesy spikes? It takes so long to get through too. All the enemies are too weak and Izaro is a freaking joke.

I've run the lab 75 times and I have not gotten a single melee enchant on my bringer of rain yet, let alone one of nine enchants I genuinely need. SEVENTY-FIVE RUNS. That's about 13 hours and for what, 15% iAPS? That's about 3k DPS for me. Why am I doing this?!!!

But the temptation for the "free" power-up is too hard to resist. BUT THE TEDIOUS GAME MECHANIC IN THE LAB ENCOURAGES YOU TO RUSH BY ENEMIES, rather than to kill them. It goes completely against the normal kill-to-succeed mechanic of the game, therefore making the entire lab the pursuit only of enchantments, not leveling or gear or boss fights or pride or character development. This Lab is so far off the beaten path for a game of this kind it makes me want to quit POE forever.

Furthermore, why is the area lv68? What about higher level areas? What about lv94 guys like me? What are we supposed to do? There is even less reason for people of high level. So for high level characters like me, going through the lab dozens of times there is no reason to kill a damn thing. In fact, the only way to make it through without killing yourself in real life is to rush as fast as you can. The entire concept of this lab makes no sense!!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Mar 7, 2016, 2:41:10 AM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2016, 4:56:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I agree. The entire labyrinth sucks and I hate it. We're all forced to do it to get the ascendancy classes and enchants. Takes too long to run. RNG enchants = BS.
I honestly like the traps and adventure, however it a bit time consuming and the fact that if you die no reward and you must start over from the beginning....

the start over part would be understandable in hardcore, but it shouldn't be like this is standard. It should cater to casual players...just like hardcore caters to players that want a challenge...

Hopefully poe makes changes in the labyrinth in standard...maybe adding a checkpoint...would be nice not have to start over again...

It was my first time ever rage quiting poe...and this was from trying to complete the labyrinth...especially when i get so far just to die and start over....reminds me of flappy birds in that regard.

GGG Please Change How The Labyrinth Works In Standard...We Need Checkpoints Standard Is Not Meant For Hardcore Features..
Labirinth is like worst map in game,tunnel,but with traps which can kill you instantly.And you need to play it for 1 hour 3 times,if you dc or anything,all over again.
"

Furthermore, why is the area lv68? What about higher level areas? So for high level characters like me, going through the lab dozens of times there is no reason to kill a damn thing. In fact, the only way to make it through without killing yourself in real life is to rush as fast as you can. The entire concept of this lab makes no sense!!

Considering there is a next step of Enchantments for lvl 75
(Word of is for lvl 32, Edict is for lvl 53, Decree is for lvl 66, and Commandment is for lvl 75), one must assume that there will be a new more difficult higher level version of the Labyrinth coming soon where those come from.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Mar 6, 2016, 11:15:44 PM
but the entire lab goes against the core mechanic of the game. It doesn't even encourage killing. The goal of the entire lab is to make it to the end for a chance at the enchantment. More than that, the way they punish players for leaving earlier, dying or even when the game/servers crash is brutal for other players. And the sheer time consuming nature. With all of the time I've spent trying to get ONE enchantment I could have leveled from 94 to 95 easily. It's mind blowing the amount of time this lab requires. And for what?

No, you guys are dead wrong here and other posts suggest this as well with players like me who seek killing, leveling and gearing. This entire lab idea is CRAP. I lack the willpower to resist trying to get an enchantment I need, so I'm nearly ready to freely give away all of my gear just to tear myself away from this addiction. It's horrible how they know how to make you grind.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Mar 6, 2016, 11:58:55 PM
"
but the entire lab goes against the core mechanic of the game. It doesn't even encourage killing. The goal of the entire lab is to make it to the end for a chance at the enchantment. More than that, the way they punish players for leaving earlier, dying or even when the game/servers crash is brutal for other players. And the sheer time consuming nature. With all of the time I've spent trying to get ONE enchantment I could have leveled from 94 to 95 easily. It's mind blowing the amount of time this lab requires. And for what?

No, you guys are dead wrong here and other posts suggest this as well with players like me who seek killing, leveling and gearing. This entire lab idea is CRAP. I lack the willpower to resist trying to get an enchantment I need, so I'm nearly ready to freely give away all of my gear just to tear myself away from this addiction. It's horrible how they know how to make you grind.

No offense but your gear isnt very good for the lab. You want white items with armor and evasion. No hp on your gear or you cant abuse heal potions. Traps take away a %, potions give a flat rate, great design huh?

Slap on your real gear for the boss
Last edited by Chadwixx on Mar 7, 2016, 12:06:34 AM
I have some of the best gear in the entire game, I dunno what character you were looking at. I tank Atziri all day long friend. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986 my OFFICIALLY endorsed POE Build. I'm not complaining because the Lab is hard, no-no-no lol , I'm complaining because it's pure A**

"
I have some of the best gear in the entire game, I dunno what character you were looking at. I tank Atziri all day long friend. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986 my OFFICIALLY endorsed POE Build. I'm not complaining because the Lab is hard, no-no-no lol , I'm complaining because it's pure A**

Re read my post :) It was sarcasm based on current design, your being punished with good gear. 50% less hp = 100% more potion power.

(Removed By Support) I'm not having trouble getting through the lab!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SAYING IT'S POINTLESS AND EASY AND BORING AND TEDIOUS AND LAME DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH It's just something that takes up time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Removed by Support)
Last edited by Rob_GGG on Mar 7, 2016, 12:25:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info