Another Labyrinth camplaint post

Adding checkpoints would damper the excitement you stated you enjoyed.

The absence of them and the ability to cheese via town portal scrolls is all central to the experience.

My first Malachai fight wasn't exciting; just annoying, because I had the option to throw myself at him over and over again via checkpoints and win by attrition.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Why do keys disappear from your inv when you leave the area? Ya, you wasted your time

Working as intended, in the patch notes as well.
You don't have to run it "at-level" - out level it as others have pointed out and you should be able to breeze through it.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Mar 6, 2016, 4:33:19 PM
"
Justnn wrote:
Full disclaimer: I'm going to complain about the Labyrinth. Yes, I totally died there, last night actually. I'm not going to complain about the difficulty of Izaro, or the traps, since I've only tackled normal so far.

I'm going to complain about the huge, un-interruptible time sink it causes, and the fact that dying once effectively wastes that time.

A friend and I ran the Lab yesterday. We were very thorough: we explored every room, got all the keys, fought Izaro twice and handled his mechanics (idols and portals), and generally had a pretty good time.

Then, two hours and almost a dozen rooms in, while showing him a locked Silver Door, I get clipped by a saw blade and die. There goes all the effort and time both of us put in.

I actually have no issue with the traps being dangerous, or with Izaro and Argus (big demon-bull thing, I think that's his name) being difficult. It makes the game more exciting, and offers a great alternative to leveling via mass slaughtering hordes of white mobs.

So, my question is this: what's wrong with lab checkpoints? Having a checkpoint before each Izaro fight would give those who died, or disconnected, or were interrupted, a way to recover, while still being punishing to people who are careless. Having to re-fight Izard and re-clear all the rooms you completed prior to exiting / dying in the Labyrinth still sinks extra time and effort into completing it.

There's a reason a lot of games steer away from multiple-hour projects that cannot be interrupted and have potentially no payout for players. There has to be a compromise between making the Lab 'lol easy / casual' and its current state.

You know what's far worse then spending all that time only to die close to the end?

Spoiler
Actually completing it and getting added elemental resist to searing bond totems. Your dying actually saved you some time, albeit a small amount.
I would like to suggest to you an alternate idea.

Greater rewards.

I don't know any specifics, but in general, do you think it would be more bearable if you got some nicer rewards from silver keys and completing puzzles?
<3 Free Tibet <3
The 10 Treasure Chests in the Ascendancy-chamber give great reward though.

Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
I like Ziggy :)

He adds a lot of enthusiasm, he did a great job on the video also. I have watched a few of his live streams and really liked his show.

Its really nice to see some one playing and actually having fun, getting excited over what some of us think as the little things but to new people its great. He actually shows how to craft simple things that make a big dif to new self found people.

Yes my toons are in the high 80's but I still want to get every key I can, its content and makes it fun at least to me.

Rock on Ziggy !
"
Kwonryu wrote:
The 10 Treasure Chests in the Ascendancy-chamber give great reward though.

I assume to get all 10 keys to open all 10 chests you have to grind the fuck out of the lab and get it done 100% which might take about up 40-50 minutes to do so. Well, you can grind 10x more stuff during those 40 minutes while mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info