[2.4] EmberStrike - 2h Flickerstrike - Insane damage

Hi, build looks awesome.

I am trying your build in softcore perandus right now.
I have been leveling using blade vortex as you suggested.
Can I please ask which stats are we looking for on our jewels?
I had a problem with the CWDT(lvl 1)-Blade Vortex(lvl 1)-Curse on hit(lvl 10)-Flammability(lvl 1) not working for me.
Not sure about the gem levels that need to be used.
Can you please help me out?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers.
I'm enjoying this build so far, but having some serious rubber-banding issues with Flickerstrike. I played a flicker spec in talisman and I don't remember having the same issue. Are you guys experiencing the same thing? I'll kill a pack of mobs and run into the next, hit them all multiple times without doing damage, then appear back where I started, like a slight rollback. It's causing some serious problems for me in the labyrinth.
"
Nakkus wrote:
Hi, build looks awesome.

I am trying your build in softcore perandus right now.
I have been leveling using blade vortex as you suggested.
Can I please ask which stats are we looking for on our jewels?
I had a problem with the CWDT(lvl 1)-Blade Vortex(lvl 1)-Curse on hit(lvl 10)-Flammability(lvl 1) not working for me.
Not sure about the gem levels that need to be used.
Can you please help me out?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers.

that's odd, the cwdt setup works perfectly for me. Try using high level flamability, higher than the level required for cwdt to proc. You want the curse on hit to interact with flamability, not cwdt.

As for jewels, focus on life, +2 mana gained on hit, attack speed, and resists. The mana gained on hit is very helpful.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
"
strider209 wrote:
I'm enjoying this build so far, but having some serious rubber-banding issues with Flickerstrike. I played a flicker spec in talisman and I don't remember having the same issue. Are you guys experiencing the same thing? I'll kill a pack of mobs and run into the next, hit them all multiple times without doing damage, then appear back where I started, like a slight rollback. It's causing some serious problems for me in the labyrinth.

Yes, this build can desync a lot. If you can, try lockstep mode. I run lockstep at 150ms and below and I never have to worry about rubber banding.

Of lockstep is not an option, then some finessing will be required. Instead of holding down the flicker strike button, press it once or twice, followed by 1 or 2 casts of blade vortex. This usually gives the game time to catch up. If possible, move your character a small distance, then begin a few more flickers.

Unfortunately, the only "cure" is to play lockstep.
"
DreamScythe wrote:
"
strider209 wrote:

Yes, this build can desync a lot. If you can, try lockstep mode. I run lockstep at 150ms and below and I never have to worry about rubber banding.

Of lockstep is not an option, then some finessing will be required. Instead of holding down the flicker strike button, press it once or twice, followed by 1 or 2 casts of blade vortex. This usually gives the game time to catch up. If possible, move your character a small distance, then begin a few more flickers.

Unfortunately, the only "cure" is to play lockstep.

I'll try that out when I get a chance. Appreciate the response!
How it is working without taming? Is it big loss? What to change then?
"
Scoorczybyk wrote:
How it is working without taming? Is it big loss? What to change then?

Taming / emberwake are a must. this build does not work without those 2. If you are unable to acquire those rings, I would suggest taking a look at someone else's oro's build. That being said, the elementalist is still a very good choice any oro's build.

heres a link for another build which looks decent. There are a few others around the forum.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1372422
I don't have The Taming. It's too expensive for me. I use Mokou's Embrace instead and it seems to be working just fine. Also, I switched to Lockstep mode and Flickerstrike is far better now. No more rubber banding.
Why have the set up you have in your glove slot? Is it better to have a random spell attached to CWDT instead of something like a golem or some other utility?
Last edited by Murray_ on Mar 19, 2018, 3:39:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info