Outmatch and Outlast - Works with Cleave and Dual Strike! Tested both!

Was really hoping to do Dual Strike and Cleave for easy frenzy and endurance charges. Has anyone tested whether the dual wield skills give the endurance charge on kill?? I have found some threads of people guessing, but no actual testing done. It would be really stupid if this wasn't the case, then I'd have to use cleave with main hand and molten strike with offhand and alternate to keep charges up, that's not efficient at all. Someone give me some good news.

/EDIT !!!!!!

Tested on my 90 and got the Gladiator started, IT WORKS!!! Just using Cleave while dual wielding does work for both offhand and main hand kill AT ONCE! YESSSS

Also tested Dual Strike, it grants both at once also. Reave alternates and grants end, so does lightning strike, etc.
Last edited by roguemjb on Mar 5, 2016, 7:40:57 PM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2016, 4:52:17 AM
Oi, you've hit the developers' sore spot. Or at least Mark_GGG's. Nearly all melee skills are in fact dual wield skills. The "ordinary case" is that dual wielding causes you to alternate weapons (and grants you some stat bonuses).

Ironically, latest info from Mark_GGG is that due to game engine limitations, for the frenzy/endurance charge passive, Cleave and Dual Strike only count as main and hits.

I don't play dual wield but based on how Mark_GGG and the wiki describe things, you should be able to easily keep up both charges with just Molten Strike, with no need to alternate skills
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Mar 5, 2016, 4:34:06 PM
"
adghar wrote:
Oi, you've hit the developers' sore spot. Or at least Mark_GGG's. Nearly all melee skills are in fact dual wield skills. The "ordinary case" is that dual wielding causes you to alternate weapons (and grants you some stat bonuses).

Ironically, latest info from Mark_GGG is that due to game engine limitations, for the frenzy/endurance charge passive, Cleave and Dual Strike only count as main and hits.

I don't play dual wield but based on how Mark_GGG and the wiki describe things, you should be able to easily keep up both charges with just Molten Strike, with no need to alternate skills

Yes, this is what I found as well, that Cleave actually counts as a main hand 'hit', but my hope is that since it uses both weapons at once, that it will proc the 'on kill' effect also, which is I think a different mechanic than 'on hit'.

Cool that molten strike might work though, but I am really hoping to bring back cleave. Thanks for the reply!
"
roguemjb wrote:
Yes, this is what I found as well, that Cleave actually counts as a main hand 'hit', but my hope is that since it uses both weapons at once, that it will proc the 'on kill' effect also, which is I think a different mechanic than 'on hit'.

Unfortunately, it has been confirmed you won't get off hand charges when using cleave or double strike. Also, it's tricky to fix so it won't happen any time soon.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

Unfortunately, it has been confirmed you won't get off hand charges when using cleave or double strike. Also, it's tricky to fix so it won't happen any time soon.

Any chance you can post the source? If this is the case, I am going to bring my crit sword build to shadow for the massive power charge deeps, much sad
Nah, you got as much chance to find it as I do with the thread flood we usually get on release.

Can't really think of a glitch, bug or anything else that would turn a kill with a main hand hit into anything else than a main hand kill, so you're safe taking your build to shadow, the way I see it.

Tested on my 90 and got the Gladiator started, IT WORKS!!! Just using Cleave while dual wielding does work for both offhand and main hand kill AT ONCE! YESSSS

Also tested Dual Strike, it grants both at once also. Reave alternates and grants end, so does lightning strike, etc.

Very nice, thanks for the good news. Sounds like they pulled together a bug fix in time for releae. (Or did I imagine the whole bug thing?)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Very nice, thanks for the good news. Sounds like they pulled together a bug fix in time for releae. (Or did I imagine the whole bug thing?)

You most certainly didn't, they must have fixed it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info