[2.2] Bringer of Entropy (is Zivko's build trully back in the business?)

I have been enjoying this build, and it's a pleasure to see bosses that slaughtered me or at the very least took a great effort to kill (thinking Dominus from Residence, the damn tornadoes Academy guy) fall with great ease. Heck, some times I stand still and let tier 11 mobs gang on me, and my health does not go down!

Thanks to the fact I have legacy BoR and legacy WoE (both self found, have them since the original Bringer of Entropy build back in the day...) I can go to directly 78% attack and spell block.

This is own take for the build:

Passive tree, going to the scion area for block and jewel slots:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcA4cEswUtBosJWAomC2EMcw5DEdUTTBQgFSAV7BfhGbQbrR7fIOMhYCb4KaUs6S2DLlMwdzWSNe867TwFQzFEnkd-SshOMk9WUEdTu1eXWf5aGl8_X9pgQWNwZFJlTWebaGVo8m6qbztyqXTtdPF2rHfjeA15aHrve8N82X11gUGC5ITZhrOKr4rwkBGRzpVmogCpbq4-r2yxs7M_tfK5HbvtvTa-p768v9XAGsBmwQTBi8GjwzPEFcT2xq7KkM1fz37Tb9N-0_zYvdrB26fiYeRR6UbqGO8O73rvfPAf8932o_cy-Ov-ug==?accountName=lucio_sila&characterName=Escipionis

I go for cleave instead of dual strike on my BoR: Cleave+Concentrated Effect+Multistrike+Fortify

I feel the permanent Fortify helps a lot face tanking, but maybe a good idea would be switch to added fire damage. Even then right now in the hideout I have 63k dps. With charges it usually goes to 85k. With Rallying cry, it goes near or at 95k and with Atziri's Flask goes over 100k.

My wings of entropy I take advantage of being a 6L for a dual wield build, overcoming the no chest disadvantage, and to build dual cursing with the leap slam: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Curse On Hit + Warlord's Mark (a must for this build) + Enfeeble (helps a LOT with bosses) + Increased duration (should be increased area, but... well... I feel lazy for the colouring, specially since I have other plans).

In the gloves I put utility: Blood rage + Rallying Cry + Increased Duration (for Both) + Increased Area (for the Cry)

And finally in the boots, the buffs: Enlighten + Hatred + Herald of Ash + Summon Flame Golem

With the end of Talisma, I have toying with true dual wield, with the Rigwald weapon duo. My base dps goes from 63k to 68k, I leave Leap Slam+Curse on Hit+Warlord's Mark in one weapon and Vulnerability+Increased Area+Increased Duration for added DPS.

Yeah, no CWDT setup, but I hate losing the 6 endurance charges I build for just a very temporal physical invulnerability. With the 6 charges I usually go over 50% phys reduction, and if I switch hatred for grace, it goes over 70% (but I lose about 10k dps and that hurts).

My current plan to improve would be to get 2% block somewhere else (ideally with two more jewels, which would be 4 more points) and then to change the +4% corrupted anvil (probably the item that has taken me longer to get of the whole build) for a cheaper additional curse one. That would allow me to tri-curse with: Warlord's Mark+Enfeeble+Temporal Chains on leap slam. Poor, poor bosses if I ever get this. Maybe switching curses to clean stuff for offensive ones. BUT... just as tempting is to go for another frenzy charge with 4 passive points.

I should try the dual + splash thingy but... I am not sure if it would improve much. Or maybe I have got to used to cleave. Maybe if I get a head enchantment for dual strike...
Hmm probably going to get my perandus glad to mapping territory this weekend and can't decide which is going to be a better damage increase - Gratuitous Violence or Violent Retaliation lol.
"
Anbokr wrote:
Hmm probably going to get my perandus glad to mapping territory this weekend and can't decide which is going to be a better damage increase - Gratuitous Violence or Violent Retaliation lol.

I go for outmatch and outlast myself, just with one pack of mobs, I go to full frenzy and endurance charges, and it shows. From being struggling to keep the charges before ascendancy to be nearly peremanently charged makes a huge difference, dps and defense wise.
I have been toying a bit, and indeed added fire damage is a big boost to dps. Silly for me to have not thought about it before, but I am usually quite drawn to the fortify buff. Specially with the Rigwald duo setup, considering they are much more physical.

Basically I see two setups with my current stuff, switching the weapons:

BoR ends up with: Cleave + Concentrated Effect + Added Fire Damage + Multistrike
I would still have to toy here with: Dual Strike + Added Fire Damage + Multistrike + Melee Splash

Weapon 1 (defensive):
Wings of Entropy -> Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + Enfeeble

Weapon 2 (offensive):
Rigwald's Command: Leap Slam + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark
Rigwald's Savagery: Vulnerability + Increased Area + Increased Duration (not too happy about this, though, thinking of putting some Cwdt or riposte here)

With the offensive setup I have been trying and it's a base dps of around 74k, just with Hatred+HoA. With everything on (blood rage, fully charged, Atziri, axe onslaught) I have checked it reaches 140k. Which is pretty neat, I feel, for a non crit build. Also it's producing bleeding with the Rigwald's Savagery.

The difference between the defensive and offensive setup is around 22% of dps, I think.
Intresting choices, glad you're enyoing the build. I'm currently sitting at 57k with Dual Strike setup and should reach just above 60k when my gems lvl up. This is before any charges, blood rage, flasks and temporary buffs from Gladiator tree. So your Rigwalds setup gives around 20% more dps which is nice.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
I think there's not much difference between the cleave+concentrated compared to the dual strike+melee splash, dps wise. Is there a significative difference in area for clearing, actually?

I think the dual rigwald is fine, but being able to dual curse everything and their mother is a wonder. And just think of triple curse.
"
"
Anbokr wrote:

I go for outmatch and outlast myself, just with one pack of mobs, I go to full frenzy and endurance charges, and it shows. From being struggling to keep the charges before ascendancy to be nearly peremanently charged makes a huge difference, dps and defense wise.

I thought about that, but with a non-legacy BoR and blood rage I think I'll be able to keep up frenzy/endurance charges. I haven't actually played the build yet (my glad is still level 42 lol), but we'll find out.

I'm tempted towards Gratuitous Violence simply because both Gratuitous Violence and Violent Retaliation are all about the damage but I think the former will simply put out more, especially with the corpse explosion mechanic. Not sure though, maybe things will get blown up before the 25% chance bleed is applied lol?
Last edited by Anbokr on Mar 7, 2016, 12:57:20 PM
cleave has higher dps than dual strike. my cleave+ concentratred effect with hatred aura only is 160k And 101k dps with increased area effect gem. with these wep.

The bleed explosion is really good in mapping and i dont have to use Herald of Ash anymore.

my stats: 51% spell and attack block- 5.5khp- 75% elemental and chaos resist- defense is 12k(55% phys reduction)
Last edited by HudaZki on Mar 7, 2016, 3:05:49 PM
I wonder if the 25% chance to bleed is good enough on it's own or if I'm going to need another bleed source to make Gratuitous Violence (and the explosion) worth it.
"
Anbokr wrote:
I wonder if the 25% chance to bleed is good enough on it's own or if I'm going to need another bleed source to make Gratuitous Violence (and the explosion) worth it.

Maybe...?

Tempts me to go Gratuitous Violence instead of the charges... but I just love to have my shiny little balls around so easily...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info