Ancestral Protector

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Theory on the Multi-Strike issue: Maybe because the totem is only using the basic attack that it's not getting MS. Melee Splash seems to work on it though.

Yeah, maybe the code processing a regular attack (assuming it's handled separately), isn't totally compatible with multistrike or something.
I also thought of some issue with the "melee" tag, which is kind of a first in totem world.
Or maybe GGG figured that multistrike would make it OP in combination with some other supports...
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
"
xhul wrote:
...maybe GGG figured that multistrike would make it OP in combination with some other supports...

I think the mechanics of the skill would prevent it from being overpowered.
No matter how strong the totem is, it's still a totem with limited range. I find it hard to believe that any single support gem would make it overpowered.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Working as intended. Echo is for hardcasting, otherwise you'd get that second cast entirely for free.

I'm guessing this is also the same with Multistrike for Ancestral Protector. I switched out my Build from Ancestral. The Chieftain's Passive makes it more efficient on the Flame/Shockwave Totem with how their attacks are much faster too sadly.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Mar 6, 2016, 6:01:13 PM
Is the Ancestral Protector attack speed bonus bugged?

A Level 16 Ancestral Protector Totem is supposed to give 18% more attack speed when standing near to it. However, I only see a small increase in my attacks per second, more akin to 18% increased attack speed.

Basically, whenever I am near my totem, my attacks per second with Lightning Strike increases from 5.38 to 5.78 (which is not 18% more attack speed). On the other hand, a gem like Multistrike works fine, whereby it greatly increased my attacks per second with Lightning Strike from 2.75 to 5.38, which is an accurate showcase of Multistrike's 95% more attack speed multiplier.

If Ancestral Protector worked as intended, my Lightning Strike should deal approximately 6.35 attacks per second. Hence I reason that the totem's bonus is bugged. As such, i would greatly appreciate some clarification on this matter.
I'd like to add that the delay between placing a totem and the first attack takes way too long it makes this skill absolutely unattractive for PvP or fast paced battles in general, please change this if possible.

But other than that a skill with good potential.
- Best Signature Ever -
The attack speed bonus from the skill seems bugged. Gives very little if any attack speed. Plz look into it GGG.
In i linc the curse on hit gem to it it says on the tooltip that it will curse the linked curse.
But as soon as you put a curse gem in it wont work....
Is that combination supposed to work?
Wer andren einen brathahn brät hat meist ein brathahnbratgerät.
Working as intended - you have Curse on Hit linked to a Skill that only places a Totem. Placing a Totem doesn't Hit anything, so there are no Curses to apply.
The Protector of course uses an entirely different Skill, one that does not have a Curse linked to it, so it cannot apply Curses with Curse on Hit.
Ok thx for the quick response
Btw blind works but i guess its because its an melee attack and a support
Wer andren einen brathahn brät hat meist ein brathahnbratgerät.
Last edited by konitis on Mar 9, 2016, 6:17:17 AM
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
The attack speed bonus from the skill seems bugged. Gives very little if any attack speed. Plz look into it GGG.

I'm experiencing a similar issue, as seen as my earlier post in this thread. Any official word on the matter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info