Ancestral Protector

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Apr 8, 2024, 3:57:13 AM
Ancestral Protector does not currently work with Multistrike. Is this intentional?
Is it normal that support gems don't seem to affect the mana multiplier either?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
yihua876 wrote:
Ancestral Protector does not currently work with Multistrike. Is this intentional?

Let's hope it's a bug...

"
Is it normal that support gems don't seem to affect the mana multiplier either?

It's usually the case when a support has no mana multiplier, or isn't compatible with the skill.
Please let us know which support you are talking about.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Mar 5, 2016, 6:15:38 PM
A few things I've noted so far:

It does seem to use the stats on your weapon (attack speed included), and it keeps the art/model of your weapon (with a ghostly ancestral protector glow). If you dual wield, it alternates between the two weapons.

Using Oro's Sacrifice will not give you Frenzy charges (makes sense based on other totem/charge mechanics, but wanted to confirm/test).
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Well its Faster Attacks,Melee Splash & Fortify. They all seem to affect the Totem but the Mana Multiplier stayed the same. (Base Cost of 8) Multistrike working is near-mandatory on this Skill IMO if we at least want to make it viable for niche builds too. Also I'm not sure if the Totem has a limited targeting AI but often times I had to resummon them after they killed off a couple or so enemies even when the enemies were right beside them (and myself too)
I too would like to know if multistrike not working is a bug.
This seems like an obvious mistake.

I am getting a mana multiplier though.
If worse comes to worse I'm gonna assume it won't link with Multistrike with the same reasoning why we can't link Spell Echo to Spell-Type Totems. :(
i wonder, will ancestal totem work with "smashing strikes" (10% chance to gain endure charge on melee crit) ? if so dual totem would be nice build !
Playing "whack-a-mole"... and one criticism. We use totems primarily because they're fire and forget. You place your totem and it does its job.

This one requires that you be in some range of it or the "whack" part of the totem stops working. That really makes the totem much weaker than say a Flame totem that will keep doing it's job no matter how far you get from it.

Should have either a much longer tether, or gain a bonus to effectiveness to make up for having to babysit it.

Theory on the Multi-Strike issue: Maybe because the totem is only using the basic attack that it's not getting MS. Melee Splash seems to work on it though.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Mar 6, 2016, 8:55:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info