[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
Jedijax wrote:
Thank you! I realized that right after posting. Kintsugi works the same way as Immortal Call. It's a one shot saver, and it's evasion feature somewhat scales for it's lack of flat evasion value. I've been thinking about what you said on the elemental build with voltaxic. Seems like the obvious next step for a ranger build like this!

immortall call is a bit diffrent it helps vs chained fast phys hits (porcupine//titty bitches) but wont save u vs super high damage one shot + its only vs phys, and there are many good elemental things which can oneshot too :p thats why kintsugi is just like fortify with the downside of being able to absorb just 1 hit. (but nothing wont save you vs chained high damage hits :P)
voltaxic is op because of poison + double dipping - especially with pathfinder poison u basically get 7link. and also wither + spell totem helps to get absurd dps vs bossess.
also another nice feature of voltaxis is reflect immunity + it provides very good leech while using atziri promise.

windripper on the other hand is smoother for mapping + more crit//more ias//more mf, but worse vs bossess (no poison, higher ele res of bossess, no wither totem)
Last edited by soilwork3r on Nov 8, 2016, 5:06:13 PM
To all the people saying doomfletch isnt doing much damage and that you changed to a voltaxic or whatever, you are not stacking enough phys, i have killed shaper and uber atziri with doom fletch with no issues.
Get more flat phys.
Is this still viable?
I'm playing this build, lvl53 atm. It's really strong.
I don't get it, I need some help with this build.

I'm lvl 87 and my stats card says I only do 3233 DPS, which is not viable.
Mind you, I've taken no Ascendancy classes yet, no auras or golem activated.

Below are my build and equipment.
I respeced an old char to this and feel very stupid atm.

Please explain what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

"
plaguefear wrote:
To all the people saying doomfletch isnt doing much damage and that you changed to a voltaxic or whatever, you are not stacking enough phys, i have killed shaper and uber atziri with doom fletch with no issues.
Get more flat phys.

Please post your gear and skilltree?
Thanks in advance.
"
DeadeyeGr wrote:
I'm lvl 87 and my stats card says I only do 3233 DPS

The tooltip DPS does not add the elemental bonus damage from Doomfletch so you cannot trust it.
Use something like Path of Building (https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases) if you want to know your actual DPS.
That said, I followed this build as well and Rangers unfortunately don't gain too much from Doomfletch. Inquistor is a much better choice if you want to use that bow.
Last edited by thowthoww on Nov 28, 2016, 5:29:26 AM
"
thowthoww wrote:
"
DeadeyeGr wrote:
I'm lvl 87 and my stats card says I only do 3233 DPS

The tooltip DPS does not add the elemental bonus damage from Doomfletch so you cannot trust it.
Use something like Path of Building (https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases) if you want to know your actual DPS.
That said, I followed this build as well and Rangers unfortunately don't gain too much from Doomfletch. Inquistor is a much better choice if you want to use that bow.

Thanks for your reply. It makes much more sense now.

The tool you provided me with says I dish out 28,700 DPS which makes much more sense.
At this point I conclude this is a mediocre build, though.

Having to roll on rings/amu/gloves physical dmg on top of using that many unique items makes resistance capping and life mods a hard case. Basically, you need to cap your resistances and gain life mods through the amulet, rings, belt and gloves. Chest. helm and quiver are necessarily unique items, I would recommend boots too (Voidwalkers). This will make the rare equipment items very expensive to find imo.

Spending such a budget on a roughly 30k DPS build is not worthy.
I feel like taking the physical path on Light Arrow without the Doomfletch would be a much better choice. A buffed Harbinger or a Council Bow would perform very well if you entered the Heavy Draw and Deadly Draw passive node.

Also, I'm against the Onslaught choices on Ascendancy. First onslaught Ascendancy node only offers a 20% chance to gain that buff which only lasts 3 seconds. The second node simply invests on the buff making it stronger but doesn't increase it's chance. Going for Phasing nodes will give you a nice defensive boost. You'll be phasing 9 out of every 10 gaming seconds if you combine it with Voidwalker boots, during which you'll be much faster, harder to hit and you gain 20& ele dmg. It's safer in every way.
Yeah I got about the same results, which seem to be about right considering my in-game damage. However I do believe that with Kickass steel rings and a lot of elemental damage (which is much more important than Crit Strike or Crit Multi with Doomfletch), 100k DPS is a possibility but at what cost?
Going for a 300+ pDPS harbringer bow seems to be a more reasonable choice.
"
Avatar of the Veil's elemental damage has been increased to 40%.
Avatar of the Chase's increase to Onslaught effect has been increased to 100%.
Way of the Poacher now has a 20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill or on hitting a rare or unique enemy.
Rapid Assault now has a 100% chance to gain Onslaught on kill.
Quartz Infusion now has a 100% chance to gain Phasing on kill.
The minor Ascendancy skills leading up to Avatar of the Chase now grant 20% increased Onslaught duration, instead of 5% attack speed.

Denke nun dürfte der Build ziemlich "viable" sein^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info