[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

Single Target: Frost Wall + Spell Echo

Spam on top of boss, fire LA into him.

LA + GMP + PPAD + Increased Crit Strikes + WED + Pierce. (Or if Reach of the Council, -GMP +PTL or +ICD)

Get Piercing Shots in tree.

Generate Power Charges with Curse on Hit + Herald of Ice + Assassin's Mark.

Free your mind for smoother gameplay.

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 7, 2016, 11:13:41 AM
^^^^ Someone give this man a cookie. It's like going from a Fiat Panda to a Ferrari California. Managed to burst down Malachai's phases in a second, worst part of the fight was dodging all his crap while destroying his immortality machines.

AWESOME! The single target damage was a really big drawback of this build for me, but now it's smooth sailing.
Ya the Malachai fight is pretty difficult for archer honestly, lots of quick degen effects and things spawning left and right.

To echo on some feedback I saw last page, Decoy Totem or Spell Totem + Wither are good distraction tactics, I haven't touched HC for a while but those are always MVP
"

LA + GMP + PPAD + Increased Crit Strikes + WED + Pierce. (Or if Reach of the Council, -GMP +PTL or +ICD)

Definitely going to give this a shot!

Transitioning my 6L reach to LA+PPAD+CritS+CritM+Wed+Pierce and moving 5 points to to piercing shots (total of 100% pierce?). So basically you don't even use a 6L chest with BR+CritD+Conc+FasterAttacks+PPAD+WED - just Frost wall + spell echo?

Replace Herald of Ash with Herald of Ice and move it into the 4L to replace split arrow and faster attacks?
Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but wouldn't using Herald of Ice over Ash slightly cripple your damage since we're stacking phys?

Also I have no clue how Frost Wall helps with single target, if someone could explain it that would be great.
"
kakemanz wrote:
Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but wouldn't using Herald of Ice over Ash slightly cripple your damage since we're stacking phys?

Also I have no clue how Frost Wall helps with single target, if someone could explain it that would be great.

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsn2wIKfKu0

Herald of Ice's explosion can spread curses. Herald of Ash's on kill effect just ignites nearby enemies, and cannot spread curses.

If you don't plan on cursing, then use HoA.
"
"
kakemanz wrote:

Herald of Ice's explosion can spread curses. Herald of Ash's on kill effect just ignites nearby enemies, and cannot spread curses.

Woah, after watching the video and swapping things out a bit, gotta say, I'm not disappointed. Thanks!

Now just to figure out what to do with all my extra sockets.
"
kakemanz wrote:
"
"
kakemanz wrote:

Woah, after watching the video and swapping things out a bit, gotta say, I'm not disappointed. Thanks!

Now just to figure out what to do with all my extra sockets.

What extra sockets?

Free up chest sockets:

:P

Or if you want, level a bunch of Empowers or other skill gems in your off slots.
"

So i assume you keep the frost wall +spell echo at low lvl and just use it for CC. but since you still only hit 1 target, wouldn't frenzy be better for single target, or is there any specific reason LA is still superior
"
Electrotize wrote:

So i assume you keep the frost wall +spell echo at low lvl and just use it for CC. but since you still only hit 1 target, wouldn't frenzy be better for single target, or is there any specific reason LA is still superior

As it seems if you have several Frost Walls directly at the target your LA is hitting multiple times.

So If you pierce with 5 Arrows through 5 Frost Walls you hit the Frost Wall 25 times and each hit is triggering the second effect of Lightning Arrow to strike nearby Enemys. In that case poor Piety get 25 Lightning Arrow hits every time you shoot....

It only seems to work if the Forstwall is really Close to the Target so the outcome depends on positioning.
Last edited by Slowdice2 on Jul 13, 2016, 5:35:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info