[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
Before anyone asks, yes this build is very viable for the upcoming 2-week race!

Best of luck! :)

I promised earlier that I'd try it for the 2-week league and it's been working out great so far :) I'm 62 and just got my Marohi recently--it tripled my DPS because I wasn't using the recommended leveling uniques, and suddenly I'm literally 2-shotting every unique monster except for act bosses.
cwd + flame golem should be lvl 1 & lvl 3 (it says level 2 for golem)
Exiled for Eternity
Thanks for this build. :)
I finally got my lightning coil and now all the low-level maps I'm doing are easy :) Still need to 5-link my marohi though so I can actually fast-clear the higher maps >.>
Whoa this build is the shiznit!

Thank you LNB!

Fairly new to the game, I finally found the build I've been looking for.. budget friendly, tanky and OP.. lol

Just turned level 57 and equipped my Marohi Erqi and oh man it destroys everything even with just 4-link. Rares, champs, uniques, and bosses only takes like 3 to 4 hits.. hahaha!

Need to improve my gear and need to 6-L my unique maul.

I actually have 2 questions since I'm new to the game and this build:

(1) What's the purpose of Vaal Ground Slam set-up and when do we use it?
(2) What's the rotation of the spells?

Thanks guys in advance.

And yeah... SH*T JUST GOT REAL! :O)
I'm at 87 now, so I've completed the recommended passive tree aside from the last two endurance charges / endurance charge duration nodes. I have 3 decent jewels for the job, too, all of which have both physical damage and 7% max life.

Some notes:

I think this build wants more leech. The 5- and 6-link marohi don't scale leech at all with blood rage, which only leeches physical damage. So I plan to pick up the 3 leech nodes near the start of the duelist's area right after the one life leech node you *do* take, which will be finished at 90. This will improve both leech amount and rate for what I think will be a lot more survivability than the two endurance charges. That means I'll be finished with your recommended tree at 94 instead of 91, and I haven't yet decided what nodes to take from 95 onwards (but there are plenty of options).

Another issue I've had is in getting enough armour. This seems more like a personal problem than a build issue, but regardless, I was thinking of adding determination to the mix (using that and enlighten instead of herald of ash) if I can. There's a lot of potential in that lightning coil, since I don't plan to ever set up a 6L vaal ground slam. I realize I'd lose DPS here, but after adding my 6l to marohi (it's 5l now) I think I would rather sacrifice the DPS for the extra survivability, since I tend to play pretty aggressively and so even with lightning coil I still die to the harder map bosses sometimes.

Finally, along with the flame golem, a curse might be nice on the low-level CwDT setup. A low-level enfeeble if you feel squishy or elemental weakness if you feel weak should work. This is also something I'd have room for just because of the lightning coil space :)

Sorry if these suggestions have already come up, I didn't read the whole topic, just the opening post ^_^; But anyway, it's a great build and I'm having a lot of fun :)

Edited to replace totem suggestion with curse suggestion, because apparently at some point totems stopped working with CwDT.
Last edited by codetaku on May 17, 2016, 3:17:29 PM
Hi Newbie/Casual POE gamer here, would this build still be viable despite the upcoming Prophecy update? Also would this be easier to level rather than the Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain?
Also curious on how this build will adapt with 2 more ascendency points.
"
zepppy1g wrote:
Hi Newbie/Casual POE gamer here, would this build still be viable despite the upcoming Prophecy update? Also would this be easier to level rather than the Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain?

I will use this build for Prophecy aswell but I would now go Slayer because it is really strong and gives more DPS. If they dont nerf EQ it is faster than Dual Flame Totem but depends on items kinda.
I would like to try this build in the new league, since I am a (returning) beginner there are some (most likely stupid) questions I would like to ask you guys:

How is this build affected by the 2.3 patch? (EQ didn´t change at all)

Is Duelist still the best class to start?

Which Ascendancy class will perform best now with the new changes?

Thanks in advance! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info