[2.2] Triple Chaos Totem 70k+ EACH & Chaos Storm (updated March 22)

Hello everyone, Welcome back to the thread thank you for showing an interest in my build. I will show where ive made changed so we can see a comparison on the changes I have made.

Class : Templar

Ascendancy : Hierophant

Pursuit of Faith ( acquired at level 40 )
4% increased Damage per Enemy Killed by you or your Totems in the last 4 seconds
8% increased Attack and Cast Speed with an active Totem

Ritual of Awakening ( acquired at level 60 )
Can have up to 2 additional Totems summoned at a time
10% less Totem Damage per active Totem
Pursuit of Faith

Conviction of Power ( acquired at level 74 )
10% chance to gain a Power Charge on Kill
25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you gain a Power Charge

==========================================================================================
Bandits

Spoiler

Normal - Help oak
Cruel - Kill em all !!! ( now Alira for 5% cast speed is good too )
Merc - Kill em all !!!!

Skill Trees

Hardcore

So the changes we see is the removal of CORRUPTION. i only gained 600 dps taking all 4 nodes at level 78

New Nodes taken are Occultist's Dominion and Precision was around 1800-2000 dps on tooltip at level 78

6 jewel sockets are planned to be used as followed 1 Clear Mind jewel and 5 Rare Jewels with 15% totem Damage and 7% Maximum Life + random beneficial stuff. Edging the jewels to provide 75% Totem Damage and 35% Maximum Life + other perks. Giving the total build just over 200% maximum life.

~~~~~NEW SETUP~~~~~~

Below is what im running now and will be running when i get my last few items. i will BOLD the changes

Main Hand = Consuming Dark = Faster Casting + Flame Dash + ( Using 3rd socket to level a gem )
Off Hand = Mutewind Pennant -OR- Rathpith Globe = Wither + faster casting + increased Duration
Chest = Infernal Mantle Widowsilk Robe = Flame Totem + Void Munipulation + Faster Casting + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Piercing R GG BBB ( will Test emp 4 when i get it )
Boots ( 50+ dex, Life, Cold res) = FireStorm + Increased Critical Strike Chance + Power Charge on Critical Strike + ( using 4th socket to level a gem )
Gloves = Winds Of Change = Vaal Haste + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration + Vaal Immortal Call I currently do NOT have this set up only Vaal Haste + Increased Duration
Helmet = Hrimnor's Resolve = CWDT + IC + Stone Golem + Increased Duration
Rings = Life, Fire and Lightning res 40+ each
Amulet = Fire damage, Faster Casting, Life
Belt = Dyadian Dawn -OR- Doryani's Invitation

My Current Gear

Here are some Photos from in-game hopefully they help.

In-town
Spoiler

Full-Tilt ( NO VAAL HASTE ) level 18 0% quality Flame Totem
Spoiler

Defence Popped
Spoiler

During gathering the screen shots for this my totem leveled to 19
Spoiler
In-town level 19 Totem

Full-Tilt level 19 Also has 6 less stacks from the Hierophant Kill Buff

All Full-Tilt images are with 3 totems down, Atziri's Promise Flask, 30-40 hierophant kill stacks, and 3 power charges ( NO Vaal haste )

Hopefully the differences in the build are noticeable and seem better. I do think this build is HC Viable i mean its totems and u can push with them in a triangle formation or zig-zag while casting Firestorm for Overload and wither on bosses.

Key Point While Leveling
From level 6-70 i used a tabula rosa since RNJESUS was kinda enough to drop one for me on day one at level 6 in this 6L i ran a 5L totem and 5L Firestorm just to double up on gem link and keep mana/life cost down. Flame Totem + FireStorm + FirePene + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus. At level 65 I switched out Fire Pene For Void Manipulation now u can do this when u get Consuming Dark ( when u change 50% fire damage into Chaos ) I do think u would still go up in DPS, but i did not do this. I did use Firestorm more then totems while leveling and clearing maps.

STONE GOLEM
In my opinion is utterly required. While learning the build and changing stuff around i was using chaos golem. At level 42 i discovered Stone Golem ( ya i dont read patch notes lol ) this one change completely changed the dynamic of my build from actually struggling to not giving a Butterfly about anything. I did have Blood Magic from the skill tree at this point. The taunt he has and the Life regen he gives you well i went from being Krillin to SSJ 3 Goku. I have been walking through Izaro's Traps not caring. If they nick you it does 0 damage i have heard the sound effect of being hit and taken 0 damage but when i run with a saw or spinning spike or a roomba yea i need to pop a instant healing flask. But i never worry about timing or pushing levers for traps.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
---------------LEVEL 90 SUCCESS MARCH 22 UPDATE--------------
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spoiler

Level 90 Statistics

Dormant
Spoiler

3 Totems' Down -10% damage per Totem

Defence

Misc

KA-BOOM
Spoiler

So here is my Current dps that averages between 69,000-76,000 DPS depending on Pursuit of Faith stacks 0-50 is normal. I have broke 80,000 with i dunno how many stacks. I use Vaal Haste and Atziri's Promise

KA-BOOM + ANGER
Spoiler

Same as above but in this case I have the Anger Aura on. I loose 1,450 hp and gain 5,000 tooltip out of combat. In combat again 0-50 Pursuit of Faith stacks goes between 76,000-93,000

Fire Storm 75% Chaos Damage

Spoiler
Standing
Spoiler

Combat
Spoiler

LEVEL 91 SKILL TREE

So here I do have Oaks HP and I'm thinking about gaining the 5% cast speed instead of the 3% node I have going towards the Witch Base

My Current Flasks, I am Looking to replace my first flask with Bubbling and remove freeze

Also for this build it is very expensive chest alone 10-20ex. I got lucky this league on day 1 level 6 i had a Tabula Rosa drop. On Day 2 I had a Infernal Mantle 35% Fire Damage 226% Energy Shield Drop 2 sockets. 81 jewelers later 6 sockets. 16 fuse 5L. Today I figured I would further test my RNG luck and
76 fusing later 6L WOOT. My 6th and final gem has been planned to be Iron Will or Empower 3 or 4. My buddy ( LQsoul ) bought me a 20/20 Pierce for the "more multiplier" absolutely no question more dps. I do no think empower 3 will be better as for empower 4 time will tell.

Now I need to find Totem Enchants from Izaro on my
which currently does me no benefit.

Thank You Everyone, for taking an interest in my build. To those that gave me some feed back here and in game thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
---------------------------------END UPDATE-------------------------------------
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hopefully some questions I've been getting have been answered. Anything I may have missed still feel free to contact me in game as i am extremely new to posting/making a build, and still in my opinion newish to POE

Please let me know you think

Thx everyone - Runbeachrun

===================================================
Edited March 10th

Mapping results

Atziri added March 13th
Spoiler
So this was my 1st attempt at her this league only my 4th or 5th ever. Still need some practice on her but it want very well for me personally.
1st Boss = First Time 0 Deaths
2nd Boss = First Time 0 Deaths
Atziri = Personal Best 1 Death. Would have been first 0 deaths but i got cocky and stood in Flame Blast popping Atziri Flask thinking she would die first. Alas i was wrong lol.

Other Maps
Spoiler
Incase anyone wants to know ive been running some maps today cleared a twinned t11 map forget the name

Im not familiar with most unique maps i had some close calls not knowing what to expect. I personally will have a learning curve and some deaths never experiencing real end game content ( t12 and beyond and unique maps ) So just because i may struggle or die doesnt mean you will im just a newb learning =D and fixing issues as i see them =D

cleared the Unique Maps:

Olmec's Sanctum Catacomb Map = very easy

Caer Blaidd, Wolfpack's Den Underground Sea Map = ( wasnt expecting 3-4 wolves in the last room damn near got me 3 times pretty sure one time i was below 5% hp )

Poorjoy's Asylum Temple Map = this map owned my face had 3 deaths b4 clearing the map the boss died within 2 seconds but the mobs in this map are fricking insane. I would have to saying having Rathpith Globe would create alot more chances for survivability aswell as breaking that 5k health barrier ( this was my first time ever doing this map.
Last edited by RunBeachRun on Mar 22, 2016, 4:31:49 AM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2016, 3:19:16 PM
Well im surprised on the views but some feed back would be greatly appreciated. Since posting a few things have changed not much but a little.

Thx in advance, Runbeachrun
Last edited by RunBeachRun on Mar 3, 2016, 9:35:15 AM
I am going to start the new league with something like this build, but my plans are still unfinished and I don't have that much feedback, to be honest.

But I'll give you my thoughts on the matter:

For my first build of the new league, I want something that doesn't require almost anything in terms of gear to work well - self-found is good enough. Even though I will be trading, this is an advantage. My use for this build in the new league is to sell stuff until I can afford to buy some semi-expensive uniques that are required for my main-build for the league. Secondly, I would like this first build to stay useful to me after I switch to my main build. Many self-casters work without specific gear, but flame totem stands out for me because it is among the best builds for party-oriented MF culler, so I still have use from it later. And despite planning on switching, flame totem makes a fairly good end-game build too.

Now, to feedback: I like your passive tree. I don't know if it is the optimum one, and partially that depends on what you aim for. Actually, I don't think I will bother myself with the chaos conversion, especially with nerfed Consuming Darks. And Hierophant minor nodes gives much mana regen boost, which becomes useless when you take Blood Magic.

I've played around a fair amount in passive tree builders and honestly, I think there are quite a few ways to about building FT with different pros and cons, but not really much better or worse than the other options - just different. My personal main problem is trying to decide whether to go crit or not crit - crit would be with the Three Dragons (the only unique I am really thinking about and usually costs a few chaos), to make fire shock making enemies take 50% increased damage, which is essentially a 50% more multiplier. So it's a question of whether to take crit or fire damage nodes, basically. Another question is whether to take armour boost nodes in the Marauder area (mostly the ones that also boost life or life regen), and I think, yes, probably - but this probably means a non-crit build. At least, not very crit-heavy. With the league starting in 3 hours, I still haven't decided. I think I'll just wing it and see what the build feels like it needs as I play. It's not my first FT build, so I think I should know what I am doing and not end up respeccing too much.

On the topic of respec, I am thinking between two options for ascendancy nodes: start by taking the +20 ele pen helmet / + area gloves / 2% life leech boots node as the first ascendancy node, then go for totems, and then later, spend 10 respec points to take the 10% damage taken from mana instead of life, with Mind Over Matter - or just go for totems first, and then the mini-MOM. The pseudo-5-linkers would be great for levelling, but I think end-game, I probably rather have a real 6-link, or links with a staff (pledge of hands?). Gives the option of using Kaom's heart to stay with the pseudo-5-linker, tho.

In terms of what skill to use in addition to FT, I think I want something fire-based so that I can scale fire-damage in the passive tree. The obvious option is firestorm. The other option I've thought about is flameblast. Flameblast is perhaps better against bosses because of the fire-and-forget nature (whereas max damage with firestorm needs you to be continually casting firestorm - and placing totems will also interrupt your firestorming). However, if I want life-leech in addition to the 5-6% mana regen I am planning on getting from the passive tree, then the continual little hits that firestorm gets are better. PLUS:

I see you have the new Elemental Overload keystone taken in your passive tree. With the 33% nerf to crit multiplier in 2.2, and the difficulty of going all-in on crit with this build, I've been seriously considering this too, as a fairly efficient, half-hearted crit-no-crit-hybrid (if crit % is high enough, I might use Three Dragons too). But here is my understanding of it: crits made by totems are NOT crits made by YOU. Yes, totems use your skills, but just like they don't work with stuff like Power Charge on Critical, I doubt they will prov Elemental Overload.

In other words, you need another skill, one that you self-cast, to proc Elemental Overload, but your totems will still benefit from the boost. Here again, I think firestorm is a good option. It has a high base crit chance (6%) and it hits frequently and hits are staggered over a duration, all of which help maintain Elemental Overload.

So, basically, there you have it. I don't have a specific build really in mind; as I said, I plan to figure in more detail it out as I go along and try out different things.

But I will give you some specific feedback on your passive tree:

I probably wouldn't go to Sentinel and the projectile damage nodes above it. The damage nodes are only 6% increased, which is bad. However, I understand that these allow access to a jewel node, and one that is good, but I still would probably skip it. Not sure.

Sentinel itself? Maybe, but I am not very keen on it either. Nearby, the Totemic Zeal nodes are more interesting - if you want to be casting spells between placing 3 totems, the totem placement speed will probably help. I might even skip going towards the (former) life wheel. Not sure yet.

Like I said, I am planning on NOT taking Blood Magic, and might even skip the
Ironwood nodes near there.

Likewise, I am probably not converting any fire to chaos, so I will skip the chaos damage nodes.

I might (50% chance still) start by speccing through the mana and life regeneration nodes, rather than spell damage - keeping with the idea of having a tankier MF culler later in the league with other party member dealing the damage. MF gear is often bad in terms of defensive stats, so having +% armour nodes, lots of life, MOM at 40% and lots of life and mana regen is appealing to me. +% spell damage would however speed up levelling early on, but I think it's probably better just to go in a party to begin with, and later you can pick up damage nodes elsewhere.

I might go to Occultist's Dominion and Annihilation.

I will probably take Righteous Decree.

But overall, I think your skill tree looks mostly solid. But like I said, I feel like there are many solid options

Some areas to keep in mind:

Totemic mastery area. I too am likely to skip this, but not sure.

Unrelenting area. As above.

Practical Application (might free up a dex node) to Heart and Soul is probably not worth it, but I'll keep it in mind.

Like I said, I am not sure yet exactly how I will build my passive tree, and in terms of gear I am wearing, it will probably be mostly whatever MF stuff I can find or buy for cheap, but here is an example passive tree of something I might have at lvl 82 if I went with a semi-crit-Three Dragons build with dual-Curse-On-Hit-Herald-of-Thunder-set-up (which I might not).

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBA3UDmgRRBLMFQgYOCfYLYRBYES0UIBZvGGoZLho4Gj4abBzcJKonLyftKS4qjSsmLJw22DbpOVI6FjpYOtg8LUGWQ8hFnUkbTwRVxlZIVw1YB1h3W6BeXV8EXz9mVGhaaGVo8njcfA58S3yDfLh99YIHgpuDX4PMhTKFe4aCh2WPGo9GkFWRK5Z0mjua4Juhna6iAKcIp1WnlKyYrY2vbLc-wGbE9sauz37Q9dH90iHUfNWm2CTYvdlh2t3hc-Nq5CLr7uw47FXtPO8O8B_xbPGs8i_yQfOb99f53f4K
Since servers crashed, I can give my first impressions, at lvl 21: going through the regen nodes at the start would have been painful if I hadn't been levelling in a group that did most of the work. Now everything is dying very fast, whether I am solo or partying - and having done a couple of labyrinths, the life regen nodes helped me learn how the traps work without dying. So far I am happy with what I am doing.

LVL 21:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBA3UEsxpsQ8hPBFh3W6BfBGjyfA6Cm5ErmjudrqIAp1XAZtWm4XPkIu088B_53Q==

Elemental Overload does indeed give a big boost... when it works. I thought that when you cast firestorm, each hit would separately roll crit chance, but this seems to not be the case: whether or not you crit is rolled when you cast firestorm and then either all hits from that firestorm crit, or none do. Flameblast so far felt far worse as a 2nd skill. At least everything melts and fast when I firestorm them.

But I'd rather have some skill that rolls many times per second whether to proc Elemental Overload. Haven't decided what to go with yet.
The power charge on kill situation is bumming me out a bit, i rarely get more than 2 power charges at a time. I really need to find a more consistent power charge source.
I will be updating this as i am level 75 no 20/20 gems and im already MORE damage on tooltip in combat with 3 totems on a 5L then i was in Talisman with a 6L and 6 20/20 gems

currently in combat i have a 1400 firestorm and 16800 DPS after 3 totems are down level 18 gems 0% quality
- Hopefully im allowed to bump my thread since i have updated it-
Interesting build concept, I am running something similar atm in Standard. I haven't switched to chaos conversion setup yet but I definitely think this plays faster/safer than the 2 totem version.
=D yea it's nice running with a triangle push of totems always 2 ahead of u 1 behind or to the side really makes it safe to body bait for ur totems. clearing t8-t12 maps has been a breeze izaro farm is a cake walk. and now i can say Atziri died to =D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info