[2.2] Triple Chaos Totem 70k+ EACH & Chaos Storm (updated March 22)

Please do take this as constructive criticism and nothing more, but, this build brings nothing new to the table. There are a plethora oF Flame totem builds out there, each one almost identical. I believe the reason there are so Few comments on it is that the game and indeed the majority oF the player base has moved beyond Flame totem. It's been done. Speed is key nowadays, and I'm aFraid it just doesn't cut it. Flame totem is seen as an easy out, and so it shall remain to be seen.
"
Please do take this as constructive criticism and nothing more, but, this build brings nothing new to the table. There are a plethora oF Flame totem builds out there, each one almost identical. I believe the reason there are so Few comments on it is that the game and indeed the majority oF the player base has moved beyond Flame totem. It's been done. Speed is key nowadays, and I'm aFraid it just doesn't cut it. Flame totem is seen as an easy out, and so it shall remain to be seen.

Yea I agree theres alot of flame totem out there and even in talisman and now standard with legacy items 100% chaos damage build. Which i do respect and have learn alot from which have guided my take on it. Not being bound to totems only from Ancestral Bond for damage and being able to run 3 effectively without. Every build and every player needs to start some where. This is where I chose too 24k dps on 2 totems in talisman to 70k+ on 3 totems in perandus is a hefty jump. Thx for your feed back
The lack of interest more than likely stems from the fact that most people are dps/speed driven. 3 totems is only a 10% damage boost over 2 and in most people's minds and especially the sentiment I found in the reddit threads, discounts the added defense and the increased aoe of 3 totems. It also allows you to save 6-7 points not pathing to AB. I personally don't care how many people play totems or if there is something faster, I play multiple builds and enjoy them all for what they bring to the table. Just because something is faster/higher dps doesn't always translate into more fun.
"
Conviction of Power ( acquired at level 74 )

Why take it if totems don't work with it?
Or are you spamming Firestorm constantly just to get charges?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
Conviction of Power ( acquired at level 74 )

Why take it if totems don't work with it?
Or are you spamming Firestorm constantly just to get charges?

Correct i am as its free dps and Firestorm is also how i stabilize Elemental Overload from the skill tree ( 40% more elemental damage no crit multiplier )

Here is my Setup in which I use. i run around with 3 crit 3 endurance charges and elemental overload

I figured I better comment since I am also playing a triple totem templar in standard. I made this toon in talisman so I have the 100% conversion. I use the same ascendancy points as you, but my tree is very different.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAQHBFEEswVCBx4Jqg3RDkgPxBGWFm8W8xo4GoEbyBzcHRQfAiTYJjwmlScvKgssnC0fL50y0TbFOhY6WDrYO3xBlkSrRUdFnUlRSbFMs06uUXRTUlVLVa5VxlhtXfJeXWHiZDNmVGhacFJ8g3_GghCCm4Pbg_OFbYV7hoKJ04uMjDaOZI8aj0aPpo_6kFWTJ5UglS6aO5rgoS-iAKKjppmnCKeUrhKus7E2tvq4yrmTvorAZsCawfPDCc_d0B_Q9dH91YHVptfP2CTZ_N-w4XPjauOE6-7r9ew47TzviO_r8B_w1fGK8h33pvk3-d360g==?accountName=milkman168&characterName=Show_Me_Da_LOOT

I play with a crit version as can be seen. Where is my gear:

I am currently at 112k+ dps in my hideout with only my fire golem. I run no auras, as I use the clear mind jewel which provides more dps than the fire aura (hatred I think). I also run a firestorm + power charge on crit + increased crit chance gem set up, but mine is more for the power and endurance charge generation, as I don't use the keystone you use. With all three of my totems out I have over 89k+ dps (no other bonuses. When I get kills I have seen my dps over 100k with three totems). Can you please tell me your damage numbers as I am unable to see the images for some reason.
Last edited by milkman168 on Apr 6, 2016, 3:27:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info