[2.2 P-HC] Jonix's Champion Voltaxic! New league/first character tips!

i only have like 18k in hideout (wrath/herald of thunder active)

it goes up to around 30k with frenzy/power charges

some things that scale damage: 6l, 3-4 dps affix jewels, higher level (unlocks more jewel sockets, my next and final one is in 3 levels) 20/20 LA and supporsts, high roll on voltaxic (317 vs 325 is a lot more than just 8 damage due to how things scale base damage by a %) not to mention getting as much dps affixes on gear (so wed, lightning to attacks, crit chance/crit multi, atk speed are the big ones)

here's my gear, far from ideal but basically the closest i could get to the optimal 6 affixes available in peranus softcore.

Last edited by alexvsevil on Mar 23, 2016, 4:44:09 AM
Only 18k with that gear? what???
im anticipating 20kish with all 20/20

also im missing crit chance on a ring/amulet/quiver and such which hurts tooltip

i find that bow builds typically don't have the highest tooltip dps generally anyway, its nothing to worry about really.

i one shot trash mobs and dumpster bosses in a matter of seconds with blast rain poison. ive honestly never played a build with such high single target. i laughed my ass off when i dropped temple piety in under 2 yesterday for the first time. normally i play cyclone and it takes a while.

trust me its good enough. :^)
Last edited by alexvsevil on Mar 24, 2016, 1:33:47 AM
WHen you all talk about your tooltip dps, are you talking about the actual number that appears, or do you multiply by 5 (for each arrow). Cause I have no idea how you guys get to 20k dps if you don't multiply. I have 6,4k tooltip with auras, in a 5-link. My gear is decent I'd say.

Spoiler
1 - a simple one, is it just a mistake that the Frenzy is only level 1 in your HOT setup or is there a reason behind that?

2. is arrow dancing worth it stacking evasion and going LC or is that just for Uber trash?

3. what do you think about Rat's Nest on this build?
Last edited by KasperBN on Mar 26, 2016, 9:34:30 AM
"
Xeppy wrote:
WHen you all talk about your tooltip dps, are you talking about the actual number that appears, or do you multiply by 5 (for each arrow). Cause I have no idea how you guys get to 20k dps if you don't multiply. I have 6,4k tooltip with auras, in a 5-link. My gear is decent I'd say.

Spoiler

Just quick glance your Voltaxic has low-ish lightning damage and your jewelry has none. It adds a lot of damage since your sockets(5th/6th support), quality bonuses and % modifiers all scale it up. I mean you've got plenty damage for early mapping to mid mapping, but its something to work towards and no it's not cheap sadly.
IGN: Sexy_Batman Brag_Ironballs Lady_Jaya_Ballard Orbok_Meatgod Two_Open_Sockets
i was watching the skill tree maybe swap 3 x 5% hp nodes on scion for golems blood under duelist str +5% +10% +regen for same price?
which is better chain or pierce and why?

ty
anyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info