[2.5] Greedy Roomba - MF Blade Vortex Assassin (63/329) - Atziri Viable - Solo T10+ (37/40) [Videos]

"
snwkill wrote:
Really loving this build. I had gotten stuck with my Shadow before the patch came so I used my free full respec to try this out. I cannot believe how tanky it feels with Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I really appreciate it - it's definitely nice having a whirling storm of swords around you that instantly leech, allows you to play a bit dangerous, whirling into packs and trusting the leech to keep you alive.

I'm making a new character at the moment and already missing this one! This build does more damage and also has MF, but the new build should be tankier - but it hard to resist the call of MF.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Last edited by Mr_G on Apr 8, 2016, 5:40:06 AM
Hi, I have always been interested in a Blade Vortex build but never gave it a go and now there's even a MF version of it!

Do you think I can start this build with 3ex on PSC? Or do I need to farm a bit more to get it going?

Also, how much MF do you currently have and whats the highest consistent map you can run?
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Apr 8, 2016, 6:42:00 PM
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
Hi, I have always been interested in a Blade Vortex build but never gave it a go and now there's even a MF version of it!

Do you think I can start this build with 3ex on PSC? Or do I need to farm a bit more to get it going?

Also, how much MF do you currently have and whats the highest consistent map you can run?

Well seeing as I started this character from day one of the league with no currency at all I'd say you should be fine - don't spent more than 30c on a Ventors, don't get max rolled Greed's Embrace and level to 85+ with Life + Resist gear - and keep that set of gear if you find it hard to level in MF gear, I had to swap back a few times to get to lvl 93, it helps having higher life.

In full MF gear the highest level maps I do consistently would be T8-10, they are safe and I don't die in them, T12+ are fairly easy once I got over lvl 90, but you will have to accept the odd death every now and then either to Perandus Guardian lag or Volatile Blood rares that hit for over 5k.

My current MF is 63% IIQ and 329% IIR, I recommend you start with either a Tabula or a 5L Greed's Embrace, Tabula will allow you to use any gems you want and give extra damage, but once you feel strong enough a 5L Greed's is fine. Once I got a 6L Greed's my DPS went up about 20-30%, which is really helpful for higher level maps but I was still doing fine in T8-T10 with the 5L.

Once you hit 85-90 and have full MF gear you will be making more currency than you invested and you won't even need to buy upgrades because you will likely find them - one of the best things to do is to craft a Golden Amulet with "Dragon's" or "Perandus'" prefix and hope to get a decent suffix, then you can use lvl 7 Elreon to add 13-17% IIR, resulting in about 60% IIR all for the cost of a few alts, a regal and 4 alchs to use Elreon.
I was wondering if you have rolled lowlife yet, if so I was hoping you could share what you did. Thanks!
"
Mr_G wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

Well seeing as I started this character from day one of the league with no currency at all I'd say you should be fine - don't spent more than 30c on a Ventors, don't get max rolled Greed's Embrace and level to 85+ with Life + Resist gear - and keep that set of gear if you find it hard to level in MF gear, I had to swap back a few times to get to lvl 93, it helps having higher life.

In full MF gear the highest level maps I do consistently would be T8-10, they are safe and I don't die in them, T12+ are fairly easy once I got over lvl 90, but you will have to accept the odd death every now and then either to Perandus Guardian lag or Volatile Blood rares that hit for over 5k.

My current MF is 63% IIQ and 329% IIR, I recommend you start with either a Tabula or a 5L Greed's Embrace, Tabula will allow you to use any gems you want and give extra damage, but once you feel strong enough a 5L Greed's is fine. Once I got a 6L Greed's my DPS went up about 20-30%, which is really helpful for higher level maps but I was still doing fine in T8-T10 with the 5L.

Once you hit 85-90 and have full MF gear you will be making more currency than you invested and you won't even need to buy upgrades because you will likely find them - one of the best things to do is to craft a Golden Amulet with "Dragon's" or "Perandus'" prefix and hope to get a decent suffix, then you can use lvl 7 Elreon to add 13-17% IIR, resulting in about 60% IIR all for the cost of a few alts, a regal and 4 alchs to use Elreon.

Thanks for the reply, I will start this build today or tomorrow.

So, I should first level to 90~ without any mf gear and then add more and more mf ?

Also, what kind of stats should I be looking for on a Ventors? IIR > IIQ > Resist > Hp?

And how important is Taste of Hate?
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Apr 11, 2016, 3:08:19 PM
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
So, I should first level to 90~ without any mf gear and then add more and more mf ?

Also, what kind of stats should I be looking for on a Ventors? IIR > IIQ > Resist > Hp?

And how important is Taste of Hate?

I swapped to MF gear around level 84, but kept my levelling gear and swapped between the two every now and then depending on what level of map I wanted to do, once you have all the life nodes and can balance resists in MF gear you should be okay though.

On a Ventor's look for 7% IIQ, 15% IIR, 30+ HP and then the resists you need. Get these last so that if you have higher resists than you need from jewels and gear you can get some negative resists ones on the cheap. My current two I didn't spend over 40c on each:

I prioritised life and IIQ, rarity can be gotten cheaper on other pieces of gear.

Taste of Hate is not important defensively, you can get the same effect from using a Basalt Flask or maybe a Jade flask if you like evading. The extra cold damage is nice though, it helps you shatter the exploding quill mobs, although they only hurt with x% added elemental damage because 3 second immortal call usually keeps you above 50% HP when a big pack goes off at once.

"
Apolloco wrote:
I was wondering if you have rolled lowlife yet, if so I was hoping you could share what you did.

I have the passive tree that I want to use fairly well mapped out, I found a Shavronne's Wrappings as well but only managed to 6s5L it, I'm just a bit hesitant to go low life at the moment because I enjoy it so much on the Life based at the moment I don't want to spoil it!
can't seem to get decent colors on my greeds embrace. The best I got is 2B1G2R on a 5l 6s.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
can't seem to get decent colors on my greeds embrace. The best I got is 2B1G2R on a 5l 6s.

That's definitely one of the hardest things about the build, depending on where the reds are on the 6s5L you can make it work, with your 2B1G2R I would use these gems:

BV + Echo + AoE + Added Fire + Increased Duration (or Empower lvl 2+).

The best way to get the colours is to use Vorici for at least 1 Blue, that can reduce the amount of chromatics required, but you are still going to use about 400+ before you get lucky. I got really lucky to use less than 1000 for the perfect colours I wanted of 4B1G1R.

It can be helpful to use a Tabula to farm for currency while you chrom you Greed's until it is ready to use, that way you don't get stuck with colours you can't use.
Why are you suggest using purity of ice for low life version?(only for elem reflect i guess) but would it better to use Arctic Armour instead?
"
Resjex wrote:
Why are you suggest using purity of ice for low life version?(only for elem reflect i guess) but would it better to use Arctic Armour instead?

Yeah Arctic Armour would be fine, I chose a purity aura to help with capping resists in MF gear, if I went just DPS and got good non MF gear it would be easier to get resists and maybe then I would use AA or Herald of Thunder with a curse or culling + innervate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info