[2.3] King's "Immortal Reaver" - Crit Bino's + 78% block & spell block Aegis Aurora +100k dps

You either die in HC or live long enough to buy Aegis Aurora!

I'd like to share my Aegis max block crit Bino's reaver. Very powerful and very tanky. Also very fun to play!

100+k dps Reave, >80% crit chance, 78% block 78% spell block, 4500hp + 2000 es, >10k armour, all charges, fortify, whirling blades etc.

If you're not familiar with Aegis Aurora, it is a very powerful shield that replenishes your Energy Shield by 2% of armour when you block. We have 10000 armour, so everytime you block, you get 200 ES. Since your block chance is 78/78%, you're almost impossible to kill. Two things can kill you - Very hard hit (like Vaal Smash etc) or huge/burst chaos damage (very unlikely).

The Anvil amulet gives 3% increased max block, so it makes possible to have 78% block and spell block.

We use Assassin's Mark curse that provides power charges and extra crit. We also get power charges from Whirling blades, counter skills and Tempest shield. It shouldn't be hard to keep all of them all the time.

Frenzy charges are gained via Gladiators "25% chance to gain frenzy charge on kill"

Endurance charges are gained via Riposte + Vengeance + Reckoning + End charge on melee stun

If you're playing HC, you can swap Abyssus for Rat's Nest, or a rare helmet and Maligaro's.

This haven't been tested in 2.2 so all the stuff like gear and videos are 2 leagues old and was playing Shadow at the time! The build got a big buff, so it should be way better. Stats in videos are without discipline, 30% less life and 30% less es from tree, no need for Stone of Lazhwar and Rainbowstride boots anymore, etc.

Skill tree

Pros

-Great end game clear speed
-Very tanky
-Fun to play
-Not very expensive
-Looks cool (Almost all unique items have 3D art :)

Cons

-Needs Rumi's for max block (69% block and spell block without it)
-Reflect maps are a no no.

Gear

Helmet

Abyssus. Crit multi, flat phys, armour and attributes. Perfect.

Body Armour

This is a great body armour for this build - 1000+ armour and 500+es. Life on kill and mana on kill + resistances are all great addons.

Other choice would be a rare chest with >500 armour and >300 es with resistances or Carcass Jack.

Weapon

Great dagger for only a few ex. Great crit chance, nice phys and beautiful life regen. Plus it got a 3d art!

Rare >250pdps >8 crit chance dagger will work, too.

Shield

Aegis. A must.

Boots

Rare boots with life, es, res and move speed

Gloves

Hp + 3 res + att speed + flat phys is great. Maligaro's if you don't need res.

Jewelry + Belt

The Anvil is a great choice for this build! Can do without it.

Meginord's is great for dps.

Flasks

Rumi's for max block, Atziri's for dps

Gems

Chest 6L - Reave + Melee Phys Damage + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning

(For a five link, I would use Reave + faster attacks + multistrike + melee phys damage + added fire/crit dmg)

Helmet 4L - Reckoning + Vengeance + Riposte + Endurance charge on Melee stun OR Vaal Reave + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Physical to Lightning

Gloves 4L - Whirling Blades + Power charge on critical + Fortify + Blood Magic

Boots 4L - Herald of Thunder + Curse on hit + Assassin's Mark + Herald of Ash

Shield 3L - Increased Duration + Tempest Shield + Discipline

Weapon 3L - CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Bandits

N: Oak
C: Kill all
M: Alira

Pre-Ascendancy Screenshots

4 power charges

4 power charges + 3 frenzy charges

4 power charges + 3 frenzy charges + Atziri flask

Block and armour without Rumi's

Block and armour with Rumi's

HC and Atziri viable

---------------------------

PIWJAF
Last edited by kralj87 on Oct 14, 2016, 4:51:18 AM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2017, 9:30:06 AM
I was eyeing a max block build for this league and Duelist seems like such a nobrainer now.

it should also be much easier to cap resists and add more life to the build now that we can dedicate the amulet and boots slots to stats instead of spell block.
"
I was eyeing a max block build for this league and Duelist seems like such a nobrainer now.

it should also be much easier to cap resists and add more life to the build now that we can dedicate the amulet and boots slots to stats instead of spell block.

Yep, it's really nice to see that each class is made for something. I really like the Duelist block theme and playing max block is definitely easier to do with Gladiator class. I enjoyed playing this build before and now it got really buffed, so can't wait to try it :)
nice
Last edited by VikingoGx on Mar 3, 2016, 12:17:39 AM
Are you going to update this build for Ascendancy patch and the new league?
"
hyrt wrote:

You are trolling aren't you? Oo
"
Rossko wrote:

And you're feeding the troll, aren't you? Oo

[/ot]

Just wondering how well blood rage would generate charges, to free up those 2 points from gladiator tree to go with 25% chance to cause bleeding. Since build uses shield, only frenzy charges will be generated anyway (unless shield is in main hand? then only endurance charges will be generated?). But I guess it's one more active skill to fit in somewhere and remember to use.
"
Rossko wrote:
"
hyrt wrote:

Sorry but I am a bit new to this game and I don't see any information about the new patch etc.
Also I read this
This haven't been tested in 2.2 so all the stuff like gear and videos are 2 leagues old and was playing Shadow at the time! The build got a big buff, so it should be way better. Stats in videos are without discipline, 30% less life and 30% less es from tree, no need for Stone of Lazhwar and Rainbowstride boots anymore, etc.

And I think that means this build needs confirmation that it will work in the new version...
Last edited by hyrt on Mar 3, 2016, 4:33:16 PM
I was thinking about making this exact build so I came here just to check and bam, someone did it. Good stuff!

I assume your curse is linked in your boots?

Also, what's the uptime generally on your power/endurance charges?
Last edited by robmasterflex on Mar 3, 2016, 4:46:52 PM
"
eTo_PL wrote:
"
Rossko wrote:

And you're feeding the troll, aren't you? Oo

[/ot]

Just wondering how well blood rage would generate charges, to free up those 2 points from gladiator tree to go with 25% chance to cause bleeding. Since build uses shield, only frenzy charges will be generated anyway (unless shield is in main hand? then only endurance charges will be generated?). But I guess it's one more active skill to fit in somewhere and remember to use.

You can't use blood rage because it will instantly drain your es :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info