[2.2] Necromancer minion master build feedback

Hello all,

I am new at creating builds at this point, I'm more just looking for feedback.

My thoughts were to be a fairly tanky yet not helpless witch minion master who relies on her army to do her bidding.

any feedback is helpful, thank you.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37Dtd9-KghCbikiO6QIHpb5PDeJLrgLjGyVJstlbLJxtGRBYBUIRLeyKl_QI9CL0EVB9GIdldhGvm0GWfINr21JTwFRsCzW5rrPQ9evuTLOXlT1fvOpqQ8k9pysdT6cIHNwEB7-Xna7ZC49GuJOPGh8C8h4abCqYUfuboSj65CL3wfqAzRb310jnV8mCx7UEHxjMvA180_tFR0QEqsTquqh9E2yIQBCXhWC0DFqRBkmmrE25RnFqrJAzgwlvnspKX7CbtcM6GYr7CfbaGo-TJ76KoS_K04TF

not trying to be a pain, I just wanted a good sort of philosophy behind what is expected when creating a build, all the talents look worth picking up for one reason or another, I sort of had an idea in mind of what I was going for, but my build seems like it looks so different from some of the others out there.
you skipped the most powerful Aura nodes.. Not sure why. Minion instability is 100% worthless.

Are you planing on going Zombie tanks, skeles, SRS + Specters?

Not enough ES or HP. Zelots oath is worthless if your not going to stack life regen.

Want me to continue?

EDIT: on most minion builds you get all Aura nodes. unless your going PURE SRS. than you dont get them all.
Last edited by spawn10459 on Mar 1, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
heres a version that me and my friend came up with. dunno why your build takes so much spell damage, its useless on summoners because minions are not affected by spell modifiers. not sure about srs, but spectres, skeles, and zombies will have no benefit from spell damage, spell crit, elemental damage mods, etc.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34pUrn3SIvRtGWwLCPR9GMk9kyfAVGvbv5d_xu-IvopqQ0yz8h7Bxfk3ytOhLwQH0B9FfuwY18-0DIPb7-sOXHC7SbFGcVXGavrZE7B34Yg6WC9vR7cdqqyYhgL-SffXVdXMvJuhqsQYao9GhWA5UqcIHRRNuVgH2Qvr7vrSKpgc3DLRFm8XL_qAuJOPGkVH42oksCj6iEDAZoCkgsemrASz0_sdvvnokDOiAKh9M4dBh_AfWpED7rc-aqz-CvJF2L064TWSplf-j03jflk=
Last edited by alkoxide on Mar 2, 2016, 12:15:37 AM
honestly thank you!

I am fairly new to the game - which is why I probably made a ton of mistakes, the feedback is welcomed.
to answer your question, yes I plan to have Zombie tanks, skeles, Spectres and SRS... honestly yeah I just want about whatever is available to me within reason.
"

not sure about srs, but spectres, skeles, and zombies will have no benefit from spell damage, spell crit, elemental damage mods, etc.

to answer you about the spell damage, I guess in my lack of understanding I thought that corpse explosion would benefit from a little boost, but I can 100% understand why that would be unnecessary at this point.
Last edited by Perkynips on Mar 2, 2016, 12:28:06 AM
would like to help you out here is my personal build i will be using you will need to use the new skill tree planner to view it https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZCPQi9BFQfRjAVGwLNbnsimvbakOTJ6crf8bviL6KEZb5N8rToS8OSAce18-0DF3ylS5Jseq6RnErCvDVDXzhiBEvSVFXyR2q62Mo-v5JNj24k4LHnaoc3NP7-ehsjOvujxqofUGHYqynCDLRmuBakbc-j0ZFR0Wdaqz-Ch0Um6GIQMBmU1LyRdi9-tL316asBLM64TWSFm_MvIRIrJiQM6IAplf-jySq42pEBKrEXGs6WPAfTeM26YVgw21VxmjyTbk= it is a hybrid summoner so you will have high life/energy sheild 210%es + 194%life and all the essential minion nodes in the tree :)
I go for dps on both SRS and zombies and it works very well, SRS for killing stuff far away/runners and the zombies for singletarget. People usually use them as shields but they provide great damage and versatility with the minion speed gem. Zombies does kill bosses very effecient, especially now with the poison gem and the SRS lost its ability to gang up against the boss.

The new expantion pack will help out alot for the build since it get
+8% physical resistance(on minions and self)
flesh offering on self (+29% cast speed +30% movement speed)
+30% skill effect duration for flesh offering/vaal haste etc
whoopin +69% increased minion damage and another 8 increased attack & cast speed for you and the minions (using 4 auras).

I calculated that the zombies will gain more than 100k increased damage with the expansion. And that is included the nerf to poison gem. The SRS damage will increase even more. It will be interesting to try out in the weekend.

Would love to try and incoporade femure staff and using specters as well for even more increased minion damage but dont know if it is worth it.

If you are interested check out my Thrasheera character for current setup.

My tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4NfBFQFdcXLxg8GFYZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8dqh2-Hxgi9CSwKPoqUyqYLJwsvy9vMtEzhzW5PC1Bh0QERUdGcUuuTLNNuVH7UilV1lXgVmNXyVhaWpFca17AX7BgQ2Tnaqxr22wLbRluPW-ecLt9GH_GgKSCx4MJg1-DzIRIhMWFYIauiECIWo8aj0aQM5Mnm6GbtaBCoS-mrKcIpyuofarEsnC0DLc-uJO9J76Avoq_l8BmwcXDOsNtyT3KSsrTzLzNFtAf0_vZC9kT2VvfiuGI6QLquuvu7Bjsiu_r8h722vfX-ej6gPrS-wn-SQ==?accountName=jarlen&characterName=Thrasheera
Last edited by jarlen on Mar 2, 2016, 10:53:45 AM
In all honesty, Im gonna be pretty harsh here btw, necromancers aren't for players who don't understand the mechanics of the game 100% yet, and seeing ur tree, I think u'll need a lil help with general game knowledge, even more than specific build options. Try to read up some beginner build guides, and see what they do, before you go crazy on ur own.

For example, now that I understand the game well myself, because Im experienced, my train of thought goes about this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595322

Now, you can see here, that even when Im not trying to write up a straight up build guide, there are a lot of things of knowledge that im implementing to decide how my build should run, instead of just going ham on an idea, and make up a tree before I even decided what gear and skill gems Ill be using. If you're looking for some solid necro guides, read upon these:

2.2 srs guide

pretty noobfriendly summoner guide

A summoner main's guide (pretty optimized)
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
awesome, truly everyone, including the harsh truth, this is what im looking for.

I came here wanting to find resources and admit my lack of knowledge, I am a sponge and learn very quickly, i've been playing for literally about 2 weeks so my knowledge isn't where it should be I only got to 71 during that time so I just barely dabbled in the end game.

this will help fill in he gaps and helps more than you know for me to fill in the missing pieces.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info